• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So Penelope Cruz and Salma Hayek: Latin Flavor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love Cruz, but Salma was my first crush man. Dusk Till Dawn!

tumblr_mac1tft3G91qcga5ro1_500.gif

tumblr_mfh29sVmD51ri3gmqo1_500.jpg

She's a damn goddess.

genjiZERO

i think he's just saying that asian women generally dont have big tits and butts, which isn't racist at all.

(please post pics of asian women with big tits and butts)

But that's not what he said. He said they look like twelve-year olds and implied (by way of the theme of this thread) that adult females have wider hips and are more curved all the way around. This is untrue of course because East Asian women, on average, do not have the physiques of the women in this thread, but still manage to be adult females. It's racist because it implies that a group of people (women) are supposed to look a certain way which is counter to how they actually are (Asian women one average have a narrower hip base and are skinner).

Had he simply said "I prefer full figured women" I'd have taken no issue. But to single out Asian women and imply that they are not adults because they are not full-figured is racist and he should be called out on it.

coldvein

Banned
there's one thing that is left out of these hot women threads. all of these god women wake up in the morning and their breath smells awful, and they have eye boogers, and their farts stink, and they might have some poop on their butthole.

they are nicely shaped but at the end of the day they're just stinky humans. they dont need to be worshiped.

jmdajr

there's one thing that is left out of these hot women threads. all of these god women wake up in the morning and their breath smells awful, and they have eye boogers, and their farts stink, and they might have some poop on their butthole.

they are nicely shaped but at the end of the day they're just stinky humans. they dont need to be worshiped.

fuck that. post more pics!

But that's not what he said. He said they look like twelve-year olds and implied (by way of the theme of this thread) that adult females have wider hips and are more curved all the way around. This is untrue of course because East Asian women, on average, do not have the physiques of the women in this thread, but still manage to be adult females. It's racist because it implies that a group of people (women) are supposed to look a certain way which is counter to how they actually are (Asian women one average have a narrower hip base and are skinner).

Had he simply said "I prefer full figured women" I'd have taken no issue. But to single out Asian women and imply that they are not adults because they are not full-figured is racist and he should be called out on it.

Even this is not completely true, in most East Asian countries (we're clearly talking about the big three here, Japan/Korea/China) there is a preference for the slim woman over the more curvacious type. I've never lived in China but I've spent a good 2/3 of my life in the former two and despite the generalization that Asian women are all thin, they're just as varied as women in the US. And just like the US various industries prefer certain body types over others. In the US the more curved woman is becoming the "thing" now (thank god because the anorexic look the US was obsessed with was just ridiculous) and in the big three the more slender woman is the preferred look. Completely anecdotal but one of my friends currently in Busan applied to be a product model for Samsung but was turned away because she was "too curvy" and wouldn't fit the clothes they had properly. She's 100% Korean born and raised there for a while, did HS in the US, moved back afterwards.

coldvein

Banned

i'm not going to speak for the whole world here, but to me, women ARE supposed to look a certain way. if i want to make some babies, im (ideally) going to plant my sperms in a lady with wide hips and big boobs. this is in my DNA. i want her to be able to have all of my children (out of her wide hips) and feed them (out of her generous bosom).

many people feel the same way. it has nothing to do with race, it's an innate animal thing. the dude was pretty up front dickish about the fact that he doesn't like skinny asian girls, but i dont think he was being racist.

Bruce Springsteen once came into the video store I worked at in high school and rented "Banditas," justifying his choice to his teenage son saying "Selma Hayek? Penelope Cruz? Super hot."

I'm on Team Cruz.

genjiZERO

i'm not going to speak for the whole world here, but to me, women ARE supposed to look a certain way. if i want to make some babies, im (ideally) going to plant my sperms in a lady with wide hips and big boobs. this is in my DNA. i want her to be able to have all of my children (out of her wide hips) and feed them (out of her generous bosom).

many people feel the same way. it has nothing to do with race, it's an innate animal thing. the dude was pretty up front dickish about the fact that he doesn't like skinny asian girls, but i dont think he was being racist.

That's pseudo science. Humans exist over a range of phenotypes. Phenotypes that are disadvantageous disappear from the population over the long term. 22% of the planet is East Asian. There's 1.3 billion people in China alone. It's non-sensical and absurd to imply that they have a anatomical childbirth problem.

But let me reverse the statement. If the statement was "Especially Latina women with muscular bodies like men" that would be racist too (note: this is not a personal statement I am making). It's a statement that implies that a racial group of people are supposed to be a certain way which is contrary to their general state of being. The way around this is to simply state a personal preference for a phenotype without bringing other phenotypes into the statement.

cryptic

That's pseudo science. Humans exist over a range of phenotypes. Phenotypes that are disadvantageous disappear from the population over the long term. 22% of the planet is East Asian. There's 1.3 billion people in China alone. It's non-sensical and absurd to imply that they have a anatomical childbirth problem.

But let me reverse the statement. If the statement was "Especially Latina women with muscular bodies like men" that would be racist too (note: this is not a personal statement I am making). It's a statement that implies that a racial group of people are supposed to be a certain way which is contrary to their general state of being. The way around this is to simply state a personal preference for a phenotype without bringing other phenotypes into the statement.

In modern society there really is no form of culling of the less advantageous phenotypes, people settle.

coldvein

Banned

so

80% of the world believes that big butts and boobs are what women should have. not having those things doesnt make them not women, but it makes them less desirable.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
^Yup, and there are two of them. So that means double of the shot of never getting them.

genjiZERO

In modern society there really is no form of culling of the less advantageous phenotypes, people settle.

Sure there is. An example of evolutionary gradualism in humans is the spread of lactase persistence over the last 10,000 years.

coldvein said:
so

80% of the world believes that big butts and boobs are what women should have. not having those things doesnt make them not women, but it makes them less desirable.

Since when is it accurate to lump the remaining 80% of the human population together?

coldvein

Banned
Since when is it accurate to lump the remaining 80% of the human population together?

well, you're making it out like asians biologically dont have big hips and breasts. so they don't really know what they're missing over there. i understand that. everywhere else has these things. when presented with the option of (A)big jiggly body parts vs. (B)no big jiggly body parts, most people will go with option A. there are exceptions. but generally this is the rule.

genjiZERO

well, you're making it out like asians biologically dont have big hips and breasts. so they don't really know what they're missing over there. i understand that. everywhere else has these things. when presented with the option of (A)big jiggly body parts vs. (B)no big jiggly body parts, most people will go with option A. there are exceptions. but generally this is the rule.

No I'm saying that on average East Asians have a narrower hip base and tend to be thinner. I'm also saying it's racist to say Asians look like 12 year olds. Maybe, but at least they age more gracefully. I wasn't aware of this truth. It appears that female phenotypes really are bimodal. I feel educated now. Cheers.

Verendus

Banned
But seriously, Hayek is a beauty; nice face and gorgeous body. There's a lot of celebs that get posted on here that wouldn't really catch your attention if you walked past them on the street, but she would turn your head until you broke your neck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom