• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, turns out that I'm HIV+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Injured myself while doing renos at my loft, I cut my arm. The guy was helping me.

So you had a cut on your arm? Unless the wound was fresh...and you said he held you?

Why would a guy hold you because you cut your arm? That's incredibly confusing and doesn't make much sense.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Way to miss the point entirely there ace?

You said:
"Everyone is so mean and judgmental online!"

*Joins Skinhead group.

???

"Way to miss the point entirely there," yourself, Ace.

You're judging his group ("judgemental group") by assuming they're something they may not be.

Hence: Irony. You're it.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
How were you proven right? Furthermore, why isn't it okay for Lesbians to be included and participate in a GayGAF thread?

Oh it is. It's just that it was more "uncomfortable". That's why that I thought that two threads would be more appreciated. I still find that gay guys and lesbians have not much in common... and remains my perception. Separated threads and subjects would have been better, but I was the only one thinking that.

Goldrush

Surprise at the amount of condemnation here. Don't even really see any risky behavior here. In fact, I think the OP seems to be quite responsible with safe sex and getting regularly tested. Any chance of a false positive, OP?

Also, why the interrogation? Just because he may have expressed an understanding of bug chasing doesn't mean he actually was doing it.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
So you had a cut on your arm? Unless the wound was fresh...and you said he held you?

Why would a guy hold you because you cut your arm? That's incredibly confusing and doesn't make much sense.

I was using my saw to cut metal, and he said after I cut myself, are you ok, but it started bleeding and he was holding my arm.

daffy

Banned
I don't see how either of this is relevant. I understand not all skinheads are affiliated with racism or neo-nazi's. However, my point was, we're supposed to believe a "gang" (OP says he changed 'gangs' for whatever reason) are not comprised of judgmental people? Okay.

Granted, given the dude's posting history - comes off as really unstable. Hopefully he continues with therapy and whatever other necessary treatments to improve his life quality of life.
I was just fuxking around but now you've gone and entered the majin buu saga. I don't see how him calling it a gang is relevant at all. Gaf is a gang ffs. You putting skinhead in quotations was obviously you jumping the gun and don't even try to pretend it wasn't. That being said I MAY or MAY NOT agree with the last bit of your post and I'll leave it at that.

Edit: lol at you trying to warm up old spaghetti arguments. Embarrassing bjb. Embarrasing.

I like GAF so much better than Reddit and 4Chan. It's just some of the people on here that grind my gears.

Anyway for the OP, I am sorry. Though I kinda wish my life was as interesting and fun as yours. I have yet to have my wild years and hopefully it will go somewhat like yours (minus the getting HIV part and the skinhead part, and possibly the name change).

Man I wish I had more fun.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
Surprise at the amount of condemnation here. Don't even really see any risky behavior here. In fact, I think the OP seems to be quite responsible with safe sex and getting regularly tested. Any chance of a false positive, OP?

I don't know. I just don't know what to think anymore. In a way I though I would be better since I wouldn't stress about getting HIV anymore, but it's not the case. I'm just as stressed as before...

I was using my saw to cut metal, and he said after I cut myself, are you ok, but it started bleeding and he was holding my arm.

I don't believe you contracted HIV from this.
Its highly unlikely and its far more plausible that you had contracted it prior to this event but were unaware of your status.

Before the event, when were you tested? What is the span of time from this test and the test before it?

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
I like GAF so much better than Reddit and 4Chan. It's just some of the people on here that grind my gears.

Anyway for the OP, I am sorry. Though I kinda wish my life was as interesting and fun as yours. I have yet to have my wild years and hopefully it will go somewhat like yours (minus the getting HIV part and the skinhead part, and possibly the name change).

Man I wish I had more fun.

You know what. The best time I spent in my life is remixing music and video games by myself. At least it's what I learned in the last two years. Do what is fun FOR YOU, not others.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
I don't believe you contracted HIV from this.
Its highly unlikely and its far more plausible that you had contracted it prior to this event but were unaware of your status.

Before the event, when were you tested? What is the span of time from this test and the test before it?

Ok. Last time I got tested was January. (before this month)

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
I remember you posting from years back as JeffRey (I think you lived in Toronto or Ottawa for a couple of years before moving back to Montreal). Sorry to hear that you've gotten this news. I could always sense you had some issues with anxiety and possibly self-image, but I never expected it to influence your life this much.

I hope you don't take some of the hostile responses here too seriously. Most GAFers don't recognize you and its normal to be skeptical with some of the stuff thats been posted here before.

The good news is that an HIV infection can be a chronic illness for many people diagnosed these days. You may have health issues because of this, but if you go by the odds then you'll most likely be able to have a fairly good quality of life.

I remember you posting from years back as JeffRey (I think you lived in Toronto or Ottawa for a couple of years before moving back to Montreal). Sorry to hear that you've gotten this news. I could always sense you had some issues with anxiety and possibly self-image, but I never expected it to influence your life this much.

I hope you don't take some of the hostile responses here too seriously. Most GAFers don't recognize you and its normal to be skeptical with some of the stuff thats been posted here before.

The good news is that an HIV infection can be a chronic illness for many people diagnosed these days. You may have health issues because of this, but if you go by the odds then you'll most likely be able to have a fairly good quality of life.

Magic Johnson did it, you can too!

You should tell everyone you had sex with since the last time you had a negative HIV/AIDS test. If you don't then that's pretty shitty thing to do.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister

Wow, I didn't know that people actually remembered me lol. I put my loft for sale, I'm building myself a house bordering a lake in Ontario, and bought myself a smaller loft. Hopefully I'll be a bit more peaceful with myself.

I changed my nickname here since I had a legal name change. I still find it was a good idea to cut all ties to my family, they were never there for me. So I didn't want to carry on their legacy while there wasn't any to begin with.

border

This thread makes me want to join a gang. It sounds like there is a gang for pretty much any interest.

Out of curiosity, what do non-racist, non-Nazi, skinheads believe in or do?

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
Well, as somebody told me in a thread once, I think that you only need a hug, and he was right.

At least I should be able to live many years without medication, that's a start.

Madness

Not all skinheads are racist and/or homophobic. Not a joke.

The stereotypical image of a skinhead being a white neo-nazi male is perpetuated through television and film.

A skinhead by accepted definition is a white male, almost always bald, and part of a 'gang' or holds racist beliefs. Unless you take skinhead to mean bald.

"1.a person whose hair is cut very short 2 : a usually white male belonging to any of various sometimes violent youth gangs whose members have close-shaven hair and often espouse white-supremacist beliefs".

No one really calls bald people or those who shave their head skinheads. They call them bald. I'm not white, I quote often shave my head, especially with the thinning that has started. No one in my life would ever call me a skinhead. Nor would I call the white guy who did the same a skinhead.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
This thread makes me want to join a gang. It sounds like there is a gang for pretty much any interest.

Out of curiosity, what do non-racist, non-Nazi, skinheads believe in or do?

It's a control thing, much like a fraternity but in a sexual nearly violent way.

jaypah

Hmm, what an interesting fellow. This thread was a pretty good read. Best of luck and take care of yourself OP!

SHIT

Banned

with all due respect, in your own words how did you think it would make your life easier ?

I mean I was pretty suicidal and I've done alot of sexual things with unprotected within the last two years, gay sex, trans sex, and vanilla sex.

I was almost for sure i might have been HIV+ until I've tested negative.

I was honestly hoping I was HIV + so I would just die before 35 I'm 26 now.

Well, as somebody told me in a thread once, I think that you only need a hug, and he was right.

At least I should be able to live many years without medication, that's a start.

What the fuck dude... you want to see a doctor to confirm and if you are indeed HIV+, get on medication asap. The sooner you get medication, the sooner you can get the virus under control. I have a friend who is positive and he got on medication very early, his viral load is undetectable and he is extremely healthy. If you don't get on medication, your health is only going to get worse over time. Why risk it when all it takes is a pill or two a day? It's not like you don't have the money or health insurance.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
with all due respect, in your own words how did you think it would make your life easier ?

I mean I was pretty suicidal and I've done alot of sexual things with unprotected within the last two years, gay sex, trans sex, and vanilla sex.

I was almost for sure i might have been HIV+ until I've tested negative.

I'm not suicidal, I never was. I'm really afraid of dying. But I'm even afraid of doing nothing with my life. The people with HIV around me had all of this "supposedly" gratifying sex all the time and it seemed that I missed out a lot of fun.

I got many messages on dating sites that I was a loser or that I could just go kill myself. It made me feel really bad and that's why I started having more sex in the meantime. People were now looking up at me, not like this loser which I assume I was, but like this hot guy. So being HIV+ would have lessen the limits of sex.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
What the fuck dude... you want to see a doctor to confirm and if you are indeed HIV+, get on medication asap. The sooner you get medication, the sooner you can get the virus under control. I have a friend who is positive and he got on medication very early, his viral load is undetectable and he is extremely healthy. If you don't get on medication, your health is only going to get worse over time. Why risk it when all it takes is a pill or two a day? It's not like you don't have the money or health insurance.

No, that was a response from the doctor, I will have follow ups on the situation.

soultron

Banned
A skinhead by accepted definition is a white male, almost always bald, and part of a 'gang' or holds racist beliefs. Unless you take skinhead to mean bald.

"1.a person whose hair is cut very short 2 : a usually white male belonging to any of various sometimes violent youth gangs whose members have close-shaven hair and often espouse white-supremacist beliefs".

No one really calls bald people or those who shave their head skinheads. They call them bald. I'm not white, I quote often shave my head, especially with the thinning that has started. No one in my life would ever call me a skinhead. Nor would I call the white guy who did the same a skinhead.
For example. I only use this type of skin as a counter argument since, even though it's rare you'd meet an anti-racist skinhead, it's probably rare that you meet a stereotypical neo-nazi skinhead too - depending on where you live, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom