• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Some guy behind me just apologized after sneezing

C4Lukins

The sneezer say s excuse me or I am sorry. If the receiver does not say bless you or no problem, it is free game for the sneezer to shoot your snot right down their throat.

Dipper145

Probably just an immediate instinct of that person to say that after sneezing, like a lot of people do with sorry or excuse me.

Also if you got a light misting of sneeze, I think somehow, some way, you will survive without a full body decontamination procedure.

Verelios

I do this because I don't want to listen to 27 people all say "bless you" at the same time and acknowledging it myself is the easiest way to make that not happen and "bless me" sounds stupid so I say "excuse me" like I would if I was coughing. Not because I'm sneezing on dudes heads on the train.
I'd still say Bless you if I wanted to though, so that's not much of a pre-empt.

Machina

Banned
fb0.jpg

AlexBasch

Goddamn threads like these makes me think about how some in GAF can actually function in real life.

I mean, seriously -____-

Why putting so much thought in something as inconsequential as people acting in proper social etiquette like apologizing after sneezing? He's just being polite, and it's not really strange or anything.... sheesh.
Between the usual hot bodybuilders, seven figure earning executives and fourteen-inch-long cock GAF users, sometimes you gotta deal with the regular folks who can't handle a fucking sneeze in a train. Such is life.

Poyunch

I remember I was extremely sick for an entrance exam and I had to clear my throat but I couldn't for two and half hours because I didn't want to create a huge ruckus.

Some people just don't like being loud.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I'm a multi sneezer. I't is impossible to achoo once. It always has to be two, or sometimes thrice.

Just how life is op
I multi sneeze 5+ times sometimes. We started a thing at my last job where we count them like The Count from Sesame Street.

ONE
TWO
THREE...
FOUR...
FOUR SNEEZES AH AH AHH

c0de

Interesting to see different behaviors around sneezing.
I don't know anyone in Germany saying "Entschuldigung" (i'm sorry) when they sneeze but usually you get "Gesundheit" as a reply from people near you when you sneeze which I guess is like saying "bless you".

I do this because I don't want to listen to 27 people all say "bless you" at the same time and acknowledging it myself is the easiest way to make that not happen and "bless me" sounds stupid so I say "excuse me" like I would if I was coughing. Not because I'm sneezing on dudes heads on the train.

Bless you

Negaduck

The real question is.

You heard someone sneeze and didnt say bless you?

For some reason that sticks out to me, if I hear someone sneeze nearby I'll toss a 'bless you' their way our of instinct/courtesy (also don't want those souls escaping yadidamean?)

The real question is.

You heard someone sneeze and didnt say bless you?

For some reason that sticks out to me, if I hear someone sneeze nearby I'll toss a 'bless you' their way our of instinct/courtesy (also don't want those souls escaping yadidamean?)

Agreed. Also should be the new title.

"OP didn't say bless you to his fellow man as he sneezes."

Top Bottom