• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic The Hedgehog Offical Thread

goldenpp72

Peff said:
Wasn't it just a super hard mode :)shivers) and a boss rush? Unless you mean Sonic Unleashed, in which case some packs are pretty awesome and some are decent but hard and somewhat similar to those crazy flash games :D

EDIT: Ouch, of course you couldn't possibly mean that, didn't see the achievements :lol Doesn't look all that enjoyable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JjHg6uBMlk

no apparently it's some kind of.. weird long mission, you play through as a sped up tails, blaze and rouge I think, throughout the games levels, and you only get one rank for the whole thing.

Peff

goldenpp72 said:
no apparently it's some kind of.. weird long mission, you play through as a sped up tails, blaze and rouge I think, throughout the games levels, and you only get one rank for the whole thing.

Hm, true, there seems to be a seventh pack but that is the only piece of new content as far as I know. Though apparently some of the later levels in Very Hard mode have different layouts too... I'm being tempted :lol

goldenpp72

Peff said:
Hm, true, there seems to be a seventh pack but that is the only piece of new content as far as I know. Though apparently some of the later levels in Very Hard mode have different layouts too... I'm being tempted :lol

Im curious about this, I saw nothing about a very hard mode in the marketplace. Just the team amiga thing.

goldenpp72 said:

Tails, Blaze, and Omega. It's got some entertaining aspects (and a slightly less fail Tails), but it's not that much better. I remember at one point you're running around on a really awkward rockface as Omega for what feels like a long time too.

goldenpp72

Peff said:
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/media/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802534507d6/

They're there. I haven't played it myself but I recall reading you get more playtime with the friends in some levels and some others have a lot of changes (you play one of the Sonic+Elise levels only with Sonic, Wave Ocean is reversed...)

Thankfully they have no achievements so I don't feel the need to abuse myself more, here's hoping next time sega follows this formula but makes it.. good, and removes the friends.

The Hermit

goldenpp72 said:
I finally beat this abomination of a game!! Yes it took that long

FUCKYOUSEGA.jpg

BROLLY_SCREAM.JPG

WHy you did that?
I know OCD but this is just torture...

goldenpp72

Baiano19 said:
WHy you did that?
I know OCD but this is just torture...

I am a pretty big sonic fan.. i've always decimated the games the best I could, all emblems in sa1,2 and even heroes, I mostly finished unleashed and not having sonic 360 under my belt just felt odd.

Not something id recommend doing though.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
IrishNinja said:
just saw a trailer for this, looks like he's finally back! anyone play the demo yet?
After that shitty kids-fest that was Colors I really hope this is the one to get Sonic back to his serious, story-driven roots. The mythology in the Adventure games was excellent, more of that please!

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
The_Technomancer said:
After that shitty kids-fest that was Colors I really hope this is the one to get Sonic back to his serious, story-driven roots. The mythology in the Adventure games was excellent, more of that please!

I heard they're giving Shadow his own game, where you can use guns and drive vehicles. Gonna be fucking rad, Shadow's so much more badass than that dumb Sonic dude. Like, Shadow's so much more mature than Sonic. I bet Shadow's game is gonna be really sweet.

The Technomancer

Combichristoffersen said:
I heard they're giving Shadow his own game, where you can use guns and drive vehicles. Gonna be fucking rad, Shadow's so much more badass than that dumb Sonic dude. Like, Shadow's so much more mature than Sonic. I bet Shadow's game is gonna be really sweet.
He's such a deep character. He's a loner, and an outsider, haunted by his dark past, like me. No-one understands him.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
The_Technomancer said:
He's such a deep character. He's a loner, and an outsider, haunted by his dark past, like me. No-one understands him.

If he was real, I bet he would like Linkin Park. Their lyrics are so emotional, they're like full of pain and sorrow. Fucking poetry, man. Do you like Linkin Park? They're my favourite band. They're pretty hardcore.

The Technomancer

Combichristoffersen said:
If he was real, I bet he would like Linkin Park. Their lyrics are so emotional, they're like full of pain and sorrow. Fucking poetry, man. Do you like Linkin Park? They're my favourite band. They're pretty hardcore.
Seriously man. When my girlfriend dumped me for that jock a few years ago, no-one else was even capable of understanding what I was going through. We were dating for almost three weeks, and I'll never feel that way about anyone else.
Linken Park though, they captured the sheer misery of my life perfectly.

qq more

The_Technomancer said:
This game is gonna be The Fresh One. fo' sho'

Christopher

So after generations I dusted this off and decided to give it a play...I still think it's a good game that just needs to really be fixed up with some hard hard spit shine the game can at least be playable...the music is really really good however.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
So after generations I dusted this off and decided to give it a play...I still think it's a good game that just needs to really be fixed up with some hard hard spit shine the game can at least be playable...the music is really really good however.
If you're saying it needs to be "fixed up with hard spit shine" so that the game can be "playable", then darling... it isn't a good game. D:

Edit: Oh God, wise fwom yo' gwave, indeed. :/

SmithnCo

lol, how can a game be good if it isn't playable.

qq more

WTF

I could of have said more but I seriously can't think of the perfect response.

Also, very disappointed when I saw the thread title and clicked... almost thought it was the Community thread I've been waiting for. :/

jman2050

Wow, I have to hand it to you, that's an amazing amount of denial you're maintaining after all these years.

did't they burn all copy's of this game yet?

Ra1den

I've yet to play through this...I like the 3d Sonic games quite a bit, including Shadow and Heroes. I tried playing this on PS3 and it seemed pretty messed up in the framerate department...but I'll get around to playing it some day.

qq more

I've yet to play through this...I like the 3d Sonic games quite a bit, including Shadow and Heroes. I tried playing this on PS3 and it seemed pretty messed up in the framerate department...but I'll get around to playing it some day.

Coming from someone who just played it not too long ago for the first time, all I can say is:

WHAT

AniHawk

So after generations I dusted this off and decided to give it a play...I still think it's a good game that just needs to really be fixed up with some hard hard spit shine the game can at least be playable

just remove the hub world, the poor level design, the bad controls, the extreme amount of bugs, the frequent and long load times, and the awful story and you're left with a box with a blank disc inside.

Peff

just remove the hub world, the poor level design, the bad controls, the extreme amount of bugs, the frequent and long load times, and the awful story and you're left with a box with a blank disc inside.

Well the instruction manual is better than Half-Life 2's.

Top Bottom