• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic The Hedgehog Offical Thread

It's a shame such a bad game was titled "Sonic the Hedgehog" with no subtitles whatsoever.

nwWZi.jpg

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Fuck no. Sonic 1 was great. In fact, it aged even better in my eyes, but it has to do with my strong appreciation for platformers.

Sonic 1 is definitely the weakest of the original three IMO. It felt like they didn't quite have a handle on the physics or the level design, everything was just ever so slightly sloppy.

qq more

Sonic 1 is definitely the weakest of the original three IMO. It felt like they didn't quite have a handle on the physics or the level design, everything was just ever so slightly sloppy.

It is the weakest compared to its sequels, but it's still a great game on its own. Terrible? Not at all.

As I've gotten older I've started appreciating the original Sonic more and more. It feels like the most "pure" Sonic game in terms of platforming and momentum. But the sequels are so damn well made it's hard to put the original over them.

Top Bottom