• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony: climate "not healthy" for PlayStation Vita successor

sörine

Banned
Sony published games for Wonderswan?
Well, technically Bandai published them but they were SCE productions I think. Sort of like Sega's NGPC games.

It was an Arc the Lad game and a Xi (Devil Dice) game. I think Tose developed both?

Eolz

My thoughts exactly, obviously you won't likely see the likes of Uncharted or even Ratchet (despite it being a great match :p), IPs that are collecting dust should be considered to lend to 3rd-parties, where it'd be all profit for Sony as they'd just get the licensing fees/royalties and whatnot.

IP's I can see working well:

• Jak & Daxter (how Ratchet is still going but not Jak I'll never know as they're like twin franchises)
  • Patapon (as suggested above. Pyramid is 3rd-party anyway so they'd be free to do it, I could see Bandai Namco publishing as they work with Pyramid most often IIRC)
  • Loco Roco (fun fact, a team member wanted a DS entry! lol (here's an archive of the Kotaku article, actual link is dead))
  • Parappa the Rapper (NanaOn-Sha are almost 3DS exclusive anyway, and them and Greenblat collabed on Major Minor for Wii which was its spiritual successor, again a Bandai Namco deal works as NNOS works commonyl on Tamagotchi... well, did, the IP sort of vanished)
  • Arc the Lad (the one that got a Wonderswan entry, in fact the dev of the series is Cattle Call, behind Legend of Legacy, Metal Max, and worked with Arte Piazza in all DQ remakes for Nintendo handhelds. BN again works as they published ATL on WS IIRC)
  • Any created by Level 5 (Dark Cloud, Rogue Legacy, Jeanne D'Arc, MAYBE WKC) (Level 5 is ALL OVER Nintendo handhelds, Level 5 might be allowed to self-publish them)
Jak might be disqualified as aren't they getting a movie after Sly? Sony might bring them back on PS4 at that point. Sly for the same reason, also Sly 4 was too recent to be dormant. I'd suggest WipeOut but it might also disqualify (ironic because WipEout 64), since Yoshida sounds like he might be interested in it still? Could've just been him not making fans fear the worst I guess.

Is Jeanne d'Arc owned by Sony or L5? Could get some nice numbers if it's positioned as a FE alternative.
Arc the Lad and Patapon would make sense yeah.
Don't think Jak & Daxter would work tho: fanbases, artstyle, etc. It worked mainly due to the time it was released. I think it's just dead and Sony will focus on R&C.

Is Jeanne d'Arc owned by Sony or L5? Could get some nice numbers if it's positioned as a FE alternative.
Arc the Lad and Patapon would make sense yeah.
Don't think Jak & Daxter would work tho: fanbases, artstyle, etc. It worked mainly due to the time it was released. I think it's just dead and Sony will focus on R&C.

Says Sony owns Jeanne d'Arc on the title screen at least.

Also I forgot about Wild Arms! :p

Top Bottom