• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2015 Press Conference Dated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

I-hate-u

I'd really like to know. PM me.

giphy.gif

I know, right? To me it seems nobody teased anything and everything is behind closed doors.

Well, maybe this year's E3 will be full of surprises.
Im excited to see EAs stuff. I hope we hear about Mass Effect 4 and Star Wars. Maybe Sony will finally cave and reveal Access for PS3/PS4.

TomShoe

Banned
I know, right? To me it seems nobody teased anything and everything is behind closed doors.

Well, maybe this year's E3 will be full of surprises.

What else is new?

Warriors gonna warrior

Trolls gonna troll

Hypers gonna Hype

Fakers gonna Fake

Leakers gonna Leak

Seas of Grey

Lots of overreactions

At least one megaton

At least one betrayalton

Lots of 3rd party shit

Spoilers far as the eye can see

and I'll be here sitting with a glass of bourbon, with a slight smile on my face, watching it all go by

Ainsz

"We at Sony feel this is the right time to show off TLG!
So here are... The latest games!"
- Official transcript

So I went back through Sony's conference from last year to take stock and...it was actually pretty bad. Very few things we didn't know about before hand, no huge surprises, and a really lame momentum killing second half. Just a little something to temper expectations, here's the full transcript:

Opener: Destiny
Andy House Intro w/Destiny
The Order trailer
Entwined demo
Infamous: First Light
Little Big Planet 3 demo
Bloodborne trailer
Far Cry 4 demo

---Letter Segment---
Dead Island 2 trailer

***Console exclusivity shit***
Dead Island 2
Diablo
Battlefield Hardline
Destiny
Disney Infinity 2

Magika 2 trailer
Grim Fandango HD announcement

***Devolver Digital Segment***
Broforce
Titan Souls
Not a Hero
Hotline Miami 2
Talos Principle

Let it Die trailer RIP Lily Bergamo never forgot or do forget whatever
Abzu trailer
No Man's Sky trailer
---Letter Segment---

Bullshit feat. Shawn Layden
Bullshit feat. Free 2 Play
Bullshit feat. Playstation Now

***Vita***
Playstation Now
Remote Play
Tales of Hearts R, Child of Light, Tales from the Borderlands, Minecraft mentions
Literally PSTV
Jesus Christ

Vibribbon announcement
Mortal Kombat X trailer

Powers feat. The Kingpin

Ratchet and Clank movie and game
*both first half of 2015 hahaha
**Flower was on screen this whole segment

The Last of Us Remastered trailer
The Phantom Pain NUCLEAR
GTAV HD stuff
Batman Arkham Knight business
Grand Finale: Uncharted 4 trailer

See if you can spot the moment this conference lost all momentum.

Mr. RHC

So I went back through Sony's conference from last year to take stock and...it was actually pretty bad. Very few things we didn't know about before hand, no huge surprises, and a really lame momentum killing second half. Just a little something to temper expectations, here's the full transcript:

Dead Island for me probably. I didn't really like Sony's E3. Here are my ratings from last year:

This was a 5/10 max. Same rating I gave Microsoft.

Nintendo can take this home easily. EA had the best show so far with 6/10 in my book.
Sony lacked the big megatons, the gameplay, MGS was leaked a day early.

Nintendo did take it home.

I-hate-u

I don't know why but Gamescom tends be much better than E3.

Actually I know why, its because of a larger focus on first party. Shawn Layden pls.

Conduit

Banned

Opener: Destiny
Andy House Intro w/Destiny
The Order trailer
Entwined demo
Infamous: First Light
Little Big Planet 3 demo
Bloodborne trailer
Far Cry 4 demo

---Letter Segment---
Dead Island 2 trailer

***Console exclusivity shit***
Dead Island 2
Diablo
Battlefield Hardline
Destiny
Disney Infinity 2

Magika 2 trailer
Grim Fandango HD announcement

***Devolver Digital Segment***
Broforce
Titan Souls
Not a Hero
Hotline Miami 2
Talos Principle

Let it Die trailer RIP Lily Bergamo never forgot or do forget whatever
Abzu trailer
No Man's Sky trailer
---Letter Segment---

Bullshit feat. Shawn Layden
Bullshit feat. Free 2 Play
Bullshit feat. Playstation Now

***Vita***
Playstation Now
Remote Play
Tales of Hearts R, Child of Light, Tales from the Borderlands, Minecraft mentions
Literally PSTV
Jesus Christ

Vibribbon announcement
Mortal Kombat X trailer

Powers feat. The Kingpin

Ratchet and Clank movie and game
*both first half of 2015 hahaha
**Flower was on screen this whole segment

The Last of Us Remastered trailer
The Phantom Pain NUCLEAR
GTAV HD stuff
Batman Arkham Knight business
Grand Finale: Uncharted 4 trailer

Sry, but that E3 conference was great for me. Bunch of games. If you really not interested for those games, your problem. Shawn Layden has the first appearance as a SCEA CEO and he do it well.

If Kagari "really like to know" then she probably didn't hear any news about this showing in E3, which is bad news.

She's not asking to know, she's asking to determine if the junior member is just making shit up or not.

Has nothing to do with knowledge of the game really.

MS was more consistent last year. Sony had good stuff but their pacing was all over the place and non-gameplay trailers can fuck off.

EA was the worst though. Lots of WIP stuff and that god awful sports segment they have that seems to go on forever each year.

Apparently he's there and was supposed to drive an Aston Martin this year (instead of the GT-R) but cancelled in the last moment:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/could-kaz-be-driving-aston-martin-at-the-nürburgring.328461/

That's really strange that he'd be in an Aston instead of the standard GTR. That one tweet mentioned that he thinks he may have been in some sot of contractual dispute, which I guess would come down to those manufacturers.

Does Kaz actually program or is hands on in any way these days?

He's a producer/game designer/director for the series. So he doesn't technically need to be there for things to get done since he'd only be in Germany for a week or two.

Hexa

Ya'all new to this or something. Fake insiders are a dime a dozen. If they're not Bish verified, assume that they lied.

THE:MILKMAN

He's a producer/game designer/director for the series. So he doesn't technically need to be there for things to get done since he'd only be in Germany for a week or two.

That's what I thought. Makes sense with the public engagements he does (racing, judge at car events etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom