• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13 at 6 PM PT/ 9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

zebaz08

Found this on the generator:

TO COMBAT POTENTIAL DDOS ATTACKS, SONY PARTNER WITH DONALD TRUMP TO BUILD THE ULTIMATE FIREWALL. BETA TESTING TO BEGIN IN MEXICO.

lol

Found this on the generator:

TO COMBAT POTENTIAL DDOS ATTACKS, SONY PARTNER WITH DONALD TRUMP TO BUILD THE ULTIMATE FIREWALL. BETA TESTING TO BEGIN IN MEXICO.

lol

lol yeah they're funny, but obviously pre-written and not generated.

i don't believe Sony made them take it down though. unless they infringed on copyright, how could they?

FelipeMGM

That's impossible, it's a (fall) 2017 project.

I agree, I didnt even thought that Detroit would show up this E3

Not sure why I'm surprised about Detroit being there, it's a AAA first party game after all. I guess I just expected Sony to be a little low-key with it after the less than stellar reception Beyond received.

For me is just that Sony has so many stuff to show already, that they dont need Detroit to be there. Guess Im wrong tho

That's impossible, it's a (fall) 2017 project.

The realist in me feels that 2017 is the year for Detroit, but if there's any game that is going to be a 2016 title outta nowhere among Sony's lineup of dateless games, Detroit is 1st on my list.

Reason due to that last minute 1-hour press meeting for Detroit that got cancelled. That hinted to me Detroit had more stuff to show than normal back-room stuff of games very early in development.

Not sure why I'm surprised about Detroit being there, it's a AAA first party game after all. I guess I just expected Sony to be a little low-key with it after the less than stellar reception Beyond received.

Eh, it's not like Sony is swimming with countless AAA games that they can afford to shrug off a big game they're funding.

If anything, SCEA loves David Cage. He's always a mainstay at E3 side of shows, even when sometimes he has nothing to show.

Has there been any peep about Sony Santa Monica being at E3? Any tweet? Hype post? Anything?

Sony devs from my twitter observation... are not allowed to hint anything at all if the game isn't announced already.

Media Molecule devs literally acted like they weren't at E3 at all when Dreams got announced.

Kinda liked this one from the generator:

TROY BAKER REVEALS HE HAS HAIR IMPLANTS - NOLAN NORTH IS HOSPITALISED WITH A HERNIA FROM LAUGHING.

edit:

This as well:

PLAYSTATION ANNOUNCE A REVOLUTIONARY IP LIKE THE WORLD HAS NEVER SEEN, TRUE NEXT GEN IS HERE THEY REITERATE - PETER MOLYNEUX WALKS ON STAGE.

Previous games should not have that much sway over future projects. If that was the case Horizon Zero Dawn would not be any where near E3 after the poor reception to Killzone Shadow Fall.

yurinka

If Sony announces the neo, do you guys think it will be unveiled early in the presentation? or will it be the "one more thing"?

I'd like them to do it early, that way we can get a more detailed look at the system changes.
Seems they are going to release Neo at Q4 or later, so I think it won't be announced at E3 because it would hurt normal PS4 sales from now until then. I think it's more likely to announce it at TGS.

DKHF

I've been expecting Detroit to be there so that's not a surprise. I think it will come out around mid 2017, maybe slightly earlier. Hopefully whatever they show at the conference leaves a good impression.

schaft0620

The one thing that no one is really talking about that wouldn't surprise me the least is Sony announcing Silent Hills for 2016. Apparently the game was 80% done when it was canned and that was over a year ago. I almost expect it at this point.

Sony can irk some of its current console owners with a slim/4k, they could not show or talk about Crash, they could have 8-10min of COD and still walk about on top by showing Silent Hills.

icespide

Banned
The one thing that no one is really talking about that wouldn't surprise me the least is Sony announcing Silent Hills for 2016. Apparently the game was 80% done when it was canned and that was over a year ago. I almost expect it at this point.

Sony can irk some of its current console owners with a slim/4k, they could not show or talk about Crash, they could have 8-10min of COD and still walk about on top by showing Silent Hills.

Silent Hills would be cool but it wouldn't save a bad conference

orochi91

I suppose Bloodborne sequel isn't happening this year?

Project Beast leaked way in advance, and I find it hard to believe that a sequel to something that big has been successfully kept under-wraps.

Liamc723

What? That game is completely cancelled, it's gone forever.

icespide

Banned

Project Beast leaked way in advance, and I find it hard to believe that something that a sequel to something that big has been successfully kept under-wraps.
I've got a sinking feeling that whatever From is working on now isn't a souls game

Elfstruck

Project Beast leaked way in advance, and I find it hard to believe that something that a sequel to something that big has been successfully kept under-wraps.

Well, you can't expect Sony to leak it again. Because if they do, I'd would say it's bad management.

I'm worried for The Last Guardians release date. September is FFXV, October and November are packed. Most games big or exclusive games don't release in December. This game needs it's own space to do well sales wise. Any suggestions?

I've got a sinking feeling that whatever From is working on now isn't a souls game

Hopefully. Dark Souls 2, Bloodborne, and Dark Souls 3 all came out so quickly between each other that it'd be smart to let both series cool off.

From should do a different game, and then do Bloodborne 2: The Bloodening.

AudioEppa

yeah thats the impression I get

Tell me, what kind of vibe you getting? Me personally I'm not a fan of the soul games, so this developer has never been on my radar. But if it's something different, I might be open to be impressed by whatever the next game is.

Elios83

I'm worried for The Last Guardians release date. September is FFXV, October and November are packed. Most games big or exclusive games don't release in December. This game needs it's own space to do well sales wise. Any suggestions?

September is a good month.
FFXV is released on the 30th which is basically October.

silva1991

Yes it's called July or August.

early September isn't bad either.

AudioEppa

I still say August or September.

I'm calling November or December. I think it would be perfect to drop it on December 23rd, which puts it about two months before horizon. Enough space between first party games. Also it could give that special holiday feeling if a new games comes out. Just thinking about that makes me want to sing Christmas songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom