• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13 at 6 PM PT/ 9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cromwell

Banned
What? FF7 was NEVER some realistic possibility.

Square did that FF7 tech demo on PS3 reveal like 10 years ago, and it was requested even before then in the PS2 era.

People were crying in movie theaters when the game got revealed. Man, you guys can’t take your bias shades off for more than one minute. They both would have huge huge reaction from fans, what the hell are you even measuring by saying Half-life would “bury” FF7? Like what?

It would bury it in terms of popularity, and to compare the "possibility" factor - That FF7 tech demo is more than HL3 has ever gotten. The HL fans have kept hype alive for a decade based on absolutely nothing other than a few words and trolls by Gabe Newell and like two pieces of concept art over the course of a decade. By all indications it has never existed, where at least with FF7 people knew Square had thought about it.

It would bury it in terms of popularity, and to compare the "possibility" factor - That FF7 tech demo is more than HL3 has ever gotten. The HL fans have kept hype alive for a decade based on absolutely nothing other than a few words and trolls by Gabe Newell and like two pieces of concept art over the course of a decade. By all indications it has never existed, where at least with FF7 people knew Square had thought about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1vSYIHlMp8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieB51rHpQ4Q

Dude, again, I just don’t understand what you are measuring, this is pretty up there with reveals. FPS are more popular in the west, sure, but I don’t get how you really measure hype and say one would be bigger than the other.

Vinc

Predictions:

Opens with a hype montage.

Short speech on stage. Good and brief.

God of War IV trailer

Spider-man by sucker punch

Crash bandicoot. Created and developed by naughty dog. Revealed later that a smaller ND team with veterans have been working on it since 2013. Sony owns ip. Holiday 2016. Bundled with ps4, 299. (Reveal later)

Dead dont ride trailer and gameplay

Tlg trailer and release date. August 2016.

Knack 2

Horizon demo. New area. More story focus. Fucking gorgeous.

Uncharted dlc

Hardware section. PS4 premium aknowledged and talked about. 399. October. 4k focus. 4k streaming, blu ray, games.

Psvr games

Ps plus enhancements. Now ps4 only starting next year. Prorated refunds. 3 games a month. "More blockbuster titles"

Psnow price drop. Play games you own digitally through it on other devices.

Destiny demo. Cod demo. Titanfall demo.

Ubisoft pirate game demo.

Wonderful presentation of indies. New announcements.

That game company new project

Resident evil 7

Re2 remake

Valve game

Red dead 3

Agent

Naughty dog new ip tease.

Cromwell

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1vSYIHlMp8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieB51rHpQ4Q

Dude, again, I just don’t understand what you are measuring, this is pretty up there with reveals. FPS are more popular in the west, sure, but I don’t get how you really measure hype and say one would be bigger than the other.

I'm just talking about number of people. I have no idea what individual YT reaction videos would look like, but I guarantee there would be a lot of crying. Hell, people said they cried at this montage of HL2 5 years ago - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZhnGQXWi1U

Predictions:

God of War IV trailer

Crash bandicoot. Created and developed by naughty dog. Revealed later that a smaller ND team with veterans have been working on it since 2013. Sony owns ip. Holiday 2016. Bundled with ps4, 299. (Reveal later)

Knack 2

Uncharted dlc

Hardware section. PS4 premium aknowledged and talked about. 399. October. 4k focus. 4k streaming, blu ray, games.

Psvr games

Ps plus enhancements. Now ps4 only starting next year. Prorated refunds. 3 games a month. "More blockbuster titles"

Resident evil 7

Re2 remake

Valve game

Red dead 3

Agent

This is the perfect blend of reality and awesome announcements. Well besides agent.

- a goofy face
- no shirt

pick one

i'm sort of the same way. if i simply smile or don't make any expression, people ask me "what's wrong?" as if im upset. i don't have resting bitch face or anything either. i've known my wife for over 6 years and she still doesn't get it. i have to constantly remind her "i AM smiling...".

so i just default to goofy faces so people will just leave me alone.

Your predictions are good and logical. I just hope that Sony will suprise us with something not expected at all, something like the P.T demo which can be downloaded just as soon as the conference ends
which ends up to reveal the next Hideo Kojima game.

Here's a legit megaton that would easily go a long way to reaching last years status:

Mainline Monster Hunter on PS4

Capcom please.

Rozart

Your predictions are good and logical. I just hope that Sony will suprise us with something not expected at all, something like the P.T demo which can be downloaded just as soon as the conference ends
which ends up to reveal the next Hideo Kojima game.

How are:

- A Crash revival
- Agent
- A Valve /game/
- and a new IP by ND

not surprising announcements? Haha :p

Javin98

Banned
why the hell are we comparing FF7 to Half Life 3? lol
This is what happens when Sony has so much to show that their announcements start murdering each other, LOL.

Here's a legit megaton that would easily go a long way to reaching last years status:

Capcom please.
Shit, I forgot about this. Wasn't Verendus hinting last year that a mainline Monster Hunter game would be out on PS4? Definitely a megaton if it happens.

How are:

- A Crash revival
- Agent
- A Valve /game/
- and a new IP by ND

not surprising announcements? Haha :p

All of those games are expected to be shown one day or the other. I will be more surprised if they revive The Getaway 3 or 8 Days or Celllius games from the company of Ken Kutaragi (and Namco).

Kaako

Felium Defensor

Capcom please.
Asking Capcom is like asking a rock. That is not happening unless Sony funds the development pretty much aka most def not happening. But if it actually did by some miracle, wow what a sight that would be.

Hexa

Since everyone seems to be throwing out their crazy predictions, I'm incredibly strongly hoping for:

Crash/Agent/DMC5

Though what's more reasonable to expect and I would be satisfied with is:

Sly/RDR3/DeepDown

Capcom please.

Imo Monster Hunter is still by far more Japan focused so it would be be more of a "One more thing" TGS announcement I think, like Dragon Quest Heroes was a couple years ago. I think even if it wasn't a mainline game but a solid enough spin off it would be able to get that status.

Capcom please.

Now you're speaking my language, where is Verendus when you need him.

He previously said there were two MH title being considered for PS4, a Frontier one and a mainline one. I need this and Horizon in my life to die happy.

Jigolo

I just have this feeling SSMs game is gonna be incredible. Cory Barlog and the talented people over there will make this something special

Ishida

Banned
I don't think you realize how many people want Half-Life 3. It completely dwarfs the demand for FFVII remake. Not even taking sales numbers of HL2 into account, HL3 has basically reached the status of internet folklore at this point. Even people who've never played a HL game are aware of the franchise, and every time even the slightest hint of a bullshit leak comes out it's at the top of Reddit and every other gaming news site.

I think you really underestimate the number of people who actually wished for the FFVII remake. The FFVII phenomenon really surpasses Half Life as a franchise.

I don't think anyone has said that there won't be a SP game there. It's just that if there is one it won't be Spiderman.

Do we know if the new Spider-Man is being developed by a First Party studio or a Third Party studio? How many first Party studios does Sony have that we don't know which game they are making for now?

That'd be huge, but that's not something I can see being announced at E3.

I also think Monster Hunter's next home will be the NX.

Anything but the 3DS. And homeconsole NX is fine by me.

3DS is so damn uncomfortable for me when I play MH that it hurts my hands. I sold MH4 and my 3DS because I could only play for 20-30 minutes at a time before my hands cramped and so on.

Which sucks. Because MH4 is amazing.

Predictions:

God of War IV trailer

Knack 2

Uncharted dlc

Psvr games

Resident evil 7

Re2 remake

Valve game

Red dead 3

Agent

This is just amazing. I'd hug my PS4.

Rozart

I didn't say expected (at least this E3) but the game is just being kept in secret for some time now (until they show it when it is ready) just like the FFVII Remake and Shenmue 3 until we got them. The otehrs are just MIA or just chimeras even myths.

Whaaa...I wish!

Firm believer that Agent is dead here but I'd gladly eat crow if it somehow shows up again.

Anything but the 3DS. And homeconsole NX is fine by me.

3DS is so damn uncomfortable for me when I play MH that it hurts my hands. I sold MH4 and my 3DS because I could only play for 20-30 minutes at a time before my hands cramped and so on.

Which sucks. Because MH4 is amazing.

Yeah, Monster Hunter 4 is amazing. And I'm definitely ready for the series to move to more powerful hardware.

If the NX ecosystem really is made up of two pieces of hardware (a handheld and a home console) that's pretty much guaranteed to be where mainline MH moves to.

Do we know if the new Spider-Man is being developed by a First Party studio or a Third Party studio? How many first Party studios does Sony have that we don't know which game they are making for now?

The hinting being thrown around is that it's being developed by Insomniac. As for first party studios that have games we don't know about it

Sony Bend
Sony Santa Monica
Sucker Punch

Of course no one would be surprised if Japan Studio, London etc. had other titles in development. Plus Sony always has games in development with third party companies.

FatalPinkLadybug.gif

So fucking dead

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

The hinting being thrown around is that it's being developed by Insomniac. As for first party studios that have games we don't know about it

Sony Bend
Sony Santa Monica

Sucker Punch

Of course no one would be surprised if Japan Studio, London etc. had other titles in development. Plus Sony always has games in development with third party companies.

I thought Sony Bend is making Deads Don't Ride and SSM is of course making GOWIV. Unless they are making other games we don't know about. What happened to the London Studio or the developers who made Medievil/Primal/Ghosthunter ? We didn't hear anything from them since the PS2 era.

I thought Sony Bend is making Deads Don't Ride and SSM is of course making GOWIV. Unless they are making other games we don't know about. What happened to the London Studio or the developers who made Medievil/Primal/Ghosthunter ? We didn't hear anything from them since the PS2 era.

I'm just talking about official confirmations. There's nothing entirely official out of Bend or SSM. London Studio are currently working on PSVR Worlds, which is a compilation of various VR games. And Guerrilla Cambridge is currently working on RIGS. Their last game was Killzone: Mercenary for the Vita.

I'm just talking about official confirmations. There's nothing entirely official out of Bend or SSM. London Studio are currently working on PSVR Worlds, which is a compilation of various VR games. And Guerrilla Cambridge is currently working on RIGS. Their last game was Killzone: Mercenary for the Vita.

GOWIV has been confirmed by Cory Barlog at PSX 2014 which is an official confirmation (without considering the leaks from April).

Cromwell

Banned
RDR 2 and RDR remaster is the biggest thing that could come out of E3 for me personally that actually has a chance of happening.

Zukkoyaki

Studio London may have another nifty VR game up their sleeve. They're pretty large and I'd be a little surprised if the VR minigame collection is all they have cooking.

Even if they aren't megatons I hope Sony has some surprises left too. A ton of leaked/rumoured stuff already.

As of now it just mostly seems like people throwing shit against the wall. There's really nothing like last year as of now where you had notable sites talking about how they had reliable sources confirming certain games or Yu Suzuki randomly tweeting a picture of a forklift. :p

Simo

Damn, Keighley getting the hype going on Twitter for E3 and the YouTube channel. Says we're not ready for what's about to go down Monday and he's been to 22 E3s!!

I know he's talking about his coverage and stage demos and guests but..damn I'm hyped for what Sony and MS will show!

Hexa

As of now it just mostly seems like people throwing shit against the wall. There's really nothing like last year as of now where you had notable sites talking about how they had reliable sources confirming certain games or Yu Suzuki randomly tweeting a picture of a forklift. :p

IIRC all of that was closer to the conference, mostly the day before.
So there's still time. :p

Rozart

That build up of rumours and hype as E3 drew closer and closer last year was just incredible. The gifs, the "holy trinity" pics, the endless teasing from reputable sources. I don't think I'll ever experience an E3 like that again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom