• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13 at 6 PM PT/ 9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Damn, Keighley getting the hype going on Twitter for E3 and the YouTube channel. Says we're not ready for what's about to go down Monday and he's been to 22 E3s!!

I know he's talking about his coverage and stage demos and guests but..damn I'm hyped for what Sony and MS will show!
we're not ready for what's about to go down Monday and he's been to 22 E3s!!
not ready for what's about to go down Monday
not ready
You serious, Geoff? Cause we was born ready.

IIRC all of that was closer to the conference, mostly the day before.
So there's still time. :p

Shenmue 3 was the day before and FF7R was the morning of the conference, but The Guardian said that they had reliable sources for TLG appearing the Tuesday before E3. So Sony has at least managed to make it past that point this time around. Only four days to go to keep things locked down.

Javin98

Banned
That build up of rumours and hype as E3 drew closer and closer last year was just incredible. The gifs, the "holy trinity" pics, the endless teasing from reputable sources. I don't think I'll ever experience an E3 like that again.
Give it time, we're still 4 days and 20 hours away. Anything can happen within that time frame and this thread could go nuclear later today.

Damn, Keighley getting the hype going on Twitter for E3 and the YouTube channel. Says we're not ready for what's about to go down Monday and he's been to 22 E3s!!

I know he's talking about his coverage and stage demos and guests but..damn I'm hyped for what Sony and MS will show!

He's been to 22 E3's so this will make 23? 23<---3 Half-Life 3?

Panda Rin

Geoff went to town

zkJQNq0.png

Geoff is a wild card. He does sometimes deliver.

Also can somebody explain the Youtube@E3 thing. Was it good last year? Is there like short interviews with developers between conferences ect.?

thuway

The way that tweet sounds you'd think Nintendo would be at PlayStation's conference. Geoff does deliver though. The Last of Us reveal was insane.

Javin98

Banned
With the way Geoff is hyping E3 on Twitter, it almost seems as if Half Life 3 will be announced. Hmm....

Or it could just be something about Doritos.

I really don't think anything can top last year, I will admit to having read through the Sony conference thread more than once to relive the trifecta reveals, it was something close to ecstasy.

This year I have zero expectations, and as I don't own a ps4 yet my investment in the whole thing is minimal, so I'm looking to be pleasantly surprised at most.

Also yes, it's Geoff's job to get people excited and watching E3, I wouldn't take his tweets too seriously.

farisr

I really don't think anything can top last year.
Yeah, I don't think there's anything right now that can top last year for the sheer widespread hype it caused. And I was hyped as heck last year as well, however, there are still certain things that can top last year for me personally.

Javin98

Banned
Wait, remember how Geoff was the one who revealed that Konami prevented Kojima from attending the Game Awards last year? Oh, my! He's hyping up Chapter 3 for MGSV, guys!!

Hexa

Geoff is a great guy. He legitimately gets super passionate about everything. On one hand that's great because people that are super passionate about gaming without any unneeded negativity are awesome. On the other hand since he gets super passionate about everything, it's hard to tell when megatons truly are coming.

Geoff tweets sounds more like how E3 as general has grown and the gaming audience and community and that it has become a yearly pass time for some

so it is best to enjoy it and introduce such an event to more people

Pennywise

I really don't think anything can top last year, I will admit to having read through the Sony conference thread more than once to relive the trifecta reveals, it was something close to ecstasy.

This year I have zero expectations, and as I don't own a ps4 yet my investment in the whole thing is minimal, so I'm looking to be pleasantly surprised at most.

Also yes, it's Geoff's job to get people excited and watching E3, I wouldn't take his tweets too seriously.
It all depends on your preferences.

I don't think we will get as many big suprises, or titles that nobody expected like last year.I'll still expect some really great titles that alot of people will look forward to.

I'm quite curious what japanese developers are up to.
Last year we had so many great announcements, and I really hope we'll get some interesting ones this year.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
My predictions -

- PlayStation 3 price drop announcement, $100
- PlayStation 4 price drop announcement, $300
- PlayStation Vita price drop announcement, $100
- PlayStation VR official release date, demos and No Man's Sky announcement

- Dead Don't Ride debut trailer, long gameplay video, October 25th, 2016 release date
- Detroit: Become Human long gameplay video, 2017 release date
- Dreams short gameplay video, 2017 release date
- God of War 4 debut trailer, long gameplay video, May 2017 release date
- Gran Turismo Sport short gameplay video (November 15th 2016)
- Gravity Rush 2 short gameplay video, February 14th, 2017 release date
- Horizon: Zero Dawn long gameplay video (February 28th, 2017)
- Knack 2 debut trailer, short gameplay video, 2017 release date
- No Man's Sky long gameplay video (August 9th, 2016)
- Shenmue III short gameplay video, 2017 release date
- Street Fighter V story DLC announcement, short gameplay video, 2016 release date
- The Last Guardian long gameplay video, September 6th, 2016 release date

- Indie montage video including Edith Finch, The Tomorrow Children, Bound, Wild and a few more

- Final Fantasy XV long gameplay video and PS4 console bundle (September 30th, 2016)
- Final Fantasy VII remake short gameplay video and 2017 release date
- Hitman: Episode 4 short gameplay video, June 28th, 2016 release date
- I Am Setsuna short gameplay video (July 19th, 2016)
- World of Final Fantasy short gameplay video (October 25th, 2016)

- God Eater 2 short gameplay video (August 30th, 2016)
- King of Fighters XIV short gameplay video (August 23rd, 2016)
- Ni Oh short gameplay video, 2016 release date
- Ni No Kuni 2 short gameplay video, 2017 release date
- Persona 5 short gameplay video (February 14th, 2016)
- Tekken 7 short gameplay video, 2017 release date
- Yakuza Zero short gameplay video, March 2017 release date

- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare long gameplay video, 30 day timed content announcement, PS4 console bundle (November 4th, 2016)
- Destiny: Rise of Iron long gameplay video, PS4 console bundle (September 20th, 2016)
- Resident Evil 7 debut trailer, short gameplay video, 2017 release date

Don't see another "dreams" E3 like last year but I do see an excellent show with a few new games shown but mostly just updates and release dates for the 2016 and 2017 games.

jmaine_ph

What about firmware updates? 4.0 is the next big update right? Folders? PSN ID change? Etc? Think we hear about that at E3?

kevin1025

Banned
My predictions -

- PlayStation 3 price drop announcement, $100
- PlayStation 4 price drop announcement, $300
- PlayStation Vita price drop announcement, $100
- PlayStation VR official release date, demos and No Man's Sky announcement

- Dead Don't Ride debut trailer, long gameplay video, October 25th, 2016 release date
- Detroit: Become Human long gameplay video, 2017 release date
- Dreams short gameplay video, 2017 release date
- God of War 4 debut trailer, long gameplay video, May 2017 release date
- Gran Turismo Sport short gameplay video (November 15th 2016)
- Gravity Rush 2 short gameplay video, February 14th, 2017 release date
- Horizon: Zero Dawn long gameplay video (February 28th, 2017)
- Knack 2 debut trailer, short gameplay video, 2017 release date
- No Man's Sky long gameplay video (August 9th, 2016)
- Shenmue III short gameplay video, 2017 release date
- Street Fighter V story DLC announcement, short gameplay video, 2016 release date
- The Last Guardian long gameplay video, September 6th, 2016 release date

- Indie montage video including Edith Finch, The Tomorrow Children, Bound, Wild and a few more

- Final Fantasy XV long gameplay video and PS4 console bundle (September 30th, 2016)
- Final Fantasy VII remake short gameplay video and 2017 release date
- Hitman: Episode 4 short gameplay video, June 28th, 2016 release date
- I Am Setsuna short gameplay video (July 19th, 2016)
- World of Final Fantasy short gameplay video (October 25th, 2016)

- God Eater 2 short gameplay video (August 30th, 2016)
- King of Fighters XIV short gameplay video (August 23rd, 2016)
- Ni No Kuni 2 short gameplay video, 2017 release date
- Persona 5 short gameplay video (February 14th, 2016)
- Tekken 7 short gameplay video, 2017 release date
- Yakuza Zero short gameplay video, March 2017 release date

- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare long gameplay video, 30 day timed content announcement, PS4 console bundle (November 4th, 2016)
- Destiny: Rise of Iron long gameplay video, PS4 console bundle (September 20th, 2016)
- Resident Evil 7 debut trailer, short gameplay video, 2017 release date

Don't see another "dreams" E3 like last year but I do see an excellent show with a few new games shown but mostly just updates and release dates for the 2016 and 2017 games.

Needs more Duck Game. But yeah, your predictions are awesome. I'm thinking September for Last Guardian as well, and February for Gravity Rush 2 sounds perfect (since the fall is gross with how many games are already coming, get that free and clear of that!)

My predictions -

Thanks for reminding me of this. I had a great time with the demo and given that it's exclusive to PS4 and supposedly releasing this year, I'd be really shocked if we didn't see just a tad more, even if it was just a new gameplay trailer with a release date.

Rozart

Does SE not have their own conference this year? I'd expect them to showcase FFXV/FFVII's gameplay footage there. But then again, they allowed Sony to announce the FFVII remake at Sony's own stage so I wouldn't be surprised to see those games at the Playstation conference again.

FFVII Remake E3 Rumour Thread

This thread still makes me grin like an idiot.

I think people are fucking crazy to think NMS will be a PSVR game. It's a natural fit no doubt, but from a technical perspective it seems nigh impossible. As of a few months ago they couldn't even get the game running in demos without severe pop-in issues, and yet now we expect them to get it running at a higher resolution and significantly higher framerate while being super clean and stable? Seems like a pipe dream to me.

Does SE not have their own conference this year? I'd expect them to showcase FFXV/FFVII's gameplay footage there. But then again, they allowed Sony to announce the FFVII remake at Sony's own stage so I wouldn't be surprised to see those games at the Playstation conference again.

FFVII Remake E3 Rumour Thread

This thread still makes me grin like an idiot.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1230287

Edit: Lmao at this FFVII E3 Rumor thread. Well, most of the reactions in this were understandable at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom