• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Gamescom 2014 press conference confirmed for August 12

Anyone expecting this to be bigger than E3 is insane.

It'll have one big AAA announcement and the rest will be smaller stuff, even if it's first party.

kevin1025

Banned

It'll have one big AAA announcement and the rest will be smaller stuff, even if it's first party.

You're probably right. Last year was nice as it gave the spotlight over to a bunch of smaller things, Vita included. It had a feeling of being the B-side to E3, and not in a bad way. We got Shadow of the Beast, Murasaki Baby and Rime from there, after all.

Lucreto

I am expecting bloodborne, The Ratchet Reboot, something from Just Add Water studios, No Man's Sky, Media Molecule next game.

I expect the Last Guardian and Uncharted gameplay.

If Naughty Dog shows Uncharted 4 demo at Gamescom:
Excitement.gif

Some Nobody

Depends. E3 was pretty weak for Sony (I don't worship at From Software's feet), so...literally Uncharted 4 gameplay and a reveal of Guerilla Games' RPG would probably top it for me.

Takao

Banned
I hope JStudio's new game announcement would be a retail title

or maybe even a REAL (not on rails) Ape Escape but there is a high chance that it could be a small digital title or even a free2play vita game

Destiny of Spirits Adventure

the pokemon clone we've all be waiting for is finally here

Salex_

Has any of the press made any vague comments about this yet?
The press got invitations and in the invitation they're talking about an unannounced japanese PS4 game (from Sony) which will be there. Hopefully it won't be behind closed doors.
I hope it's a new Ape Escape (a real one) or a new 3D platformer/JRPG IP.

Lucreto

lol.... you gonna be disappointed, son.

Why?

Nothing farfetched on my list.

I am expecting The Last Guardian after the Internet explosion of its potential cancellation before E3. We might get a teaser just to show it still exists.

You're probably right. Last year was nice as it gave the spotlight over to a bunch of smaller things, Vita included. It had a feeling of being the B-side to E3, and not in a bad way. We got Shadow of the Beast, Murasaki Baby and Rime from there, after all.

Totally agree, for last year at least, I was WAY more excited by the announcements. The Shadow of the Beast guys are around the corner from me. Rime looked superb, and I've been aniticpating Rapture for years, even though I assumed it was totally dead.

still excited! :D

As I mentioned above, totally reasonble, so am I.

Not expecting a whole lot of new stuff, but it isn't unreasonable to see some titles from the early half of 2015.

I think there'll be a fair amount of new stuff, it'll just not be world shifting stuff.

Depends. E3 was pretty weak for Sony (I don't worship at From Software's feet), so...literally Uncharted 4 gameplay and a reveal of Guerilla Games' RPG would probably top it for me.

Bloodborne made E3 for me. :p (Well the leaks did anyway, the CG reveal was ass).

But what with the tease of Media Molecule, I sincerely doubt there'll be 2 first party announcements made at GamesCOM when there was (unless you count Bloodborne) just one internal effort at E3.

But I'd love to see Guerilla's game. That's what I am waiting for.

There's still TGS and VGA's to go.

If Naughty Dog shows Uncharted 4 demo at Gamescom:

Think they're far enough along?

pelican

Expecting the roll out date for PS Now in some territories.

I'm expecting we (UK) should get it at some point this year.

stryke

Last year didn't they talk about working with various European ISPs or something like that? They've kinda gone quiet on that front.

I expect they'll give more details if those deals still exist.

I-hate-u

It depends on what you define as bigger. Gamescom > E3 in terms of game announcements. Game showings/demos is debatable.

It depends on what you define as bigger. Gamescom > E3 in terms of game announcements. Game showings/demos is debatable.

AAA retail products. GamesCOM had more announcements, none were AAA first party projects.

But there's still so many events to reveal stuff this year. I am sure VGA's will be back on terrible form this year.

I'd love to be wrong though.

Dusky

Bloodborne made E3 for me. :p (Well the leaks did anyway, the CG reveal was ass).

But what with the tease of Media Molecule, I sincerely doubt there'll be 2 first party announcements made at GamesCOM when there was (unless you count Bloodborne) just one internal effort at E3.

But I'd love to see Guerilla's game. That's what I am waiting for.

There's still TGS and VGA's to go.

You forget that there's also a supposed reveal from SCEJ, but that could be GT6 HD for all we know.

KAL2006

Banned
I expect

Guerilla Games New IP Teaser
BloodBorne Gameplay Trailer
The Order Gameplay Demo
Beyond Directors Cut
New Indie Games (Giant Sparrow and etc)
New trailers for last year's Indie reveals (Rime and etc)

Camjo-Z

you done me wrong with that vib-ribbon tease at e3 sony

i ain't even gonna sit through this hoping for a glimpse of parappa 3 like I did last time

i am a fucking idiot and will sit through this hoping for a glimpse of parappa 3 like i did last time

Chobel

Sony London haven't shown anything about their "AAA game" yet, maybe they'll show something in Gamescom.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
I don't expect any AAA reveals from Sony for the rest of the year. 2014 sucks.

But, Rime and Quantum Break have me excited for this GC.

Lefein

Banned
I say, they ride the lightning and announce The Last of Us 2. Audience riots. PS4 becomes sold-through again til May of 2015.

Jomjom

Banned
MS has said they are going to have some huge surprises for gamescom. Has Sony said anything? Kinda worried they are going to have the weaker show again.

Takao

Banned
I'm really not convinced that there will be a VGA/VGX thing this year. That appeared to be the product of corporate synergy pushing the GameTrailers brand onto the Spike audience. Viacom still owns Spike but sold GT earlier this year.

Even if there is another one, I'm not sure Sony would give it a major title. Last year's event was primarily an online-only thing (Spike aired a cut-up version focusing on the musical act at like 1AM lol) which limits viewership which in turn limited the kind of content they could grab as reveals. If the venue can't guarantee an audience bigger than those who already read video game news sites, why bother competing with 10 other companies? Sony would just reveal the major thing on their own time.

xAniki88

Banned
i think it'll be a very good conference ( that could turn in a masterpiece if sony'll bring back the drunk cameraman of the past year lol )
so what i'd expect to see?

- bloodborne is 100% confirmed
HELL YEAH!!!
, so maybe a gameplay trailer instead a new cg one. something like the leaked tgs '13 video, but with improved visual.
- the new project from media molecule
- everybody goes to the rapture, wich was teased by some magazine last month
- a new look to rime and shadow of the beast
- a new trailer of the order 1886
- i've a little hope for the rumored guerrilla's rpg
- that scej game advertised on the press invites
- some psvita love
- the announce for the first AAA ps+ game

Expectations neutral. I'm not expecting much but more information on games we missed at E3. Other than that, I hope it entirety dedicated to games; No fillers.

Salex_

MS has said they are going to have some huge surprises for gamescom. Has Sony said anything? Kinda worried they are going to have the weaker show again.

What are they suppose to say? lol. Saying 2 words doesn't mean you should automatically buy into their hype. They hyped up their E3 to the moon and it wasn't justified.

Known information so far:
Until Dawn PS4
New Japanese PS4 game from Sony
Rime will be playable. more proof
Housemarque might reveal their new game
Media Molecule's new IP is expected at this point. Their tweets, history of revealing their games at Gamescom, and the time between their last console game just makes sense.
---------
In terms of wildcards, there's a possibility that we might see one of London Studios, Bend Studio, or GG's new IPs.

Top Bottom