• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony: Gamescom to be focused on the PS4's lineup

I just hope we get a date. :-/ its either going to be late oct or 1st week nov

i think they are unless they plan to actually release the system in japan too but i can't see considering there aren't any japan centric games announced for them unless devs have been secretly working on them since forever? gamescom should be the time unless they plan to announce their secret sauce.

Amir0x

Banned
Man I think this is the most hyped I've ever been for a Gamescom for sure. Like, I think I'm more excited for this Gamescom than I was for E3.1

Man I think this is the most hyped I've ever been for a Gamescom for sure. Like, I think I'm more excited for this Gamescom than I was for E3.1

Well I wouldn't say I am more hyped than I was for E3, but it looks like Gamescom may end up being more exciting on the games front.

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
Great thing about GamesCom is they don't have to waste time showing off the console, revealing DRM plans and price. All that is behind them.

They just need to reveal more games and release date.

Last year's GamesCom was a lot better than E3 -- puppeteer & tearaway were the big reveals and a welcome surprise.

Amir0x

Banned
Well I wouldn't say I am more hyped than I was for E3, but it looks like Gamescom may end up being more exciting on the games front.

I am more excited because leading into E3 I was pretty down on prospects because I had effectively ruled Xbox One out due to the DRM fiasco and I was still a little paranoid that Sony would have some fine print too, some version of the DRM stuff.

Now this Gamescom, Microsoft has done a 180 on virtually everything so I can start looking at the titles with excitement again, Sony PS4 is already everything I could ask for so now knowing there's no preconditions to that anticipation I can be excited for anything they reveal. And Wii U has been out and I'm currently enjoying the lovely Pikmin 3. It can only get better from here on Wii U, right?

So I am really excited for Gamescom more than even E3. Gamescom feels like how I should have went into E3, optimistic :)

I hope they don't talk about the launch line up a lot. They did that during the PS4 reveal and during E3. I think we know enough about Knack, Shadowfall, Drive Club, etc.

I just hope that unlike E3 we get more than one friggin lousy title this time.

The launch is nearly upon us.

Sony needs to open the floodgates.

I'm hoping for 3 new game announcements, AT LEAST.

So I am really excited for Gamescom more than even E3. Gamescom feels like how I should have went into E3, optimistic :)

But really, you DID do the right thing.

Also, we knew Housemarque would be there, we've all been saying it.

And finally, I'm just excited for what we don't know about. What games will be revealed?

There has to be games coming after inFamous and before The Order next year, that need to be announced very soon. Otherwise they'll only have a year marketing cycle.

untitled2iuch.png

Biker19

Banned
You're all happy that Sony is going to show the same as they did at E3 ?
Or do you think we'll see a third Kill Zone demo ?

At least I hope a decent Drive Club build..

Did you truly believe that that was all the games that Sony showed for the PS4 at this year's E3?

They intentionally held back the full lineup of the PS4 for both Gamescom & Tokyo Game Show. Microsoft has already showed off most of their Xbox One titles at E3 not too long ago, so they won't have much more to show.

Pop

I hope they don't talk about the launch line up a lot. They did that during the PS4 reveal and during E3. I think we know enough about Knack, Shadowfall, Drive Club, etc.

We're really getting plenty of games at launch, first parties, third and f2p. But I get what you're saying and I too am expecting more first party announcements.

I have a feeling Gamescom will be Sony's answer to Microsofts game showcase at E3. Back to back announcements and playthroughs.

Ishan

Not so confident here ... Thy cant hype a launch product enough ... But I'm looking forward to summer 2014 and beyond announcements .... Some of the announcemtns like eq next star hd successor are already obvious ... Plus as usual nd ssm polyphony are being saved for later ...

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
I hope at GamesCom they announce the rumored $500 PS4+PSV bundle.

Oh, god! This! If they do announce it, that leaves me in a bind. I have a Launch Day edition PS4, but if this is available, I'd so take this instead.

Hopefully, Amazon will let me upgrade.

Sony just needs to demo remote play, state how ONE PS+ membership will mean free games for PS3, Vita and PS4, and that should be it.

That alone is one hard feat to follow.

I have a feeling Gamescom will be Sony's answer to Microsofts game showcase at E3. Back to back announcements and playthroughs.

I got this feeling gamescom is where we'll hear their casual friendly features and games, something like more news and feature about the new ps eye, as well as games for it. the ps eye will be sold day one at the same time with ps4 launch, I can't believe they will only have free playroom tech demo to sell it, and the announced games so far didn't really use ps eye in meaningful way. so I believe we'll get at least 1 launch game that is ps eye focused,

so, singstar, invizmal, buzz or wonderbook stuff.

I hope at GamesCom they announce the rumored $500 PS4+PSV bundle.

If this bundle exists, which seems unlikely, it would be suicide to announce it this far in advance. They will be announcing a price drop which is designed to spur vita sales but then they would be saying "but wait, don't buy a vita, we're going to have a better deal in december." Why would they do that? If there is a bundle we won't hear about it officially until right before it goes live.

As for Stardust... there's more good news than just the game.

Giygas AF

I got this feeling gamescom is where we'll hear their casual friendly features and games, something like more news and feature about the new ps eye, as well as games for it. the ps eye will be sold day one at the same time with ps4 launch, I can't believe they will only have free playroom tech demo to sell it, and the announced games so far didn't really use ps eye in meaningful way. so I believe we'll get at least 1 launch game that is ps eye focused,

so, singstar, invizmal, buzz or wonderbook stuff.

What about Pottermore?

Why everybody is so certain that Housemarque is going to present the SS successor? Weren't they woking also on another new IP for PS4? I'm far more curious about this one, hoping is something in the same vein of Outland...

Thorgal

If this bundle exists, which seems unlikely, it would be suicide to announce it this far in advance. They will be announcing a price drop which is designed to spur vita sales but then they would be saying "but wait, don't buy a vita, we're going to have a better deal in december." Why would they do that? If there is a bundle we won't hear about it officially until right before it goes live.

As for Stardust... there's more good news than just the game.

What are you teasing there ?

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Why everybody is so certain that Housemarque is going to present the SS successor? Weren't they woking also on another new IP for PS4? I'm far more curious about this one, hoping is something in the same vein of Outland...
That's the only one of the new IPs they're working on that they've officially identified, so it seems likely that's what they'll show first. Also, from past precedent, they've launched an SSHD followup twice now alongside new PS hardware launches (SS portable with the PSP Go and SS Delta with the Vita). Stands to reason they might be planning the same with the PS4 edition.

Top Bottom