• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony: Gamescom to be focused on the PS4's lineup

If this bundle exists, which seems unlikely, it would be suicide to announce it this far in advance. They will be announcing a price drop which is designed to spur vita sales but then they would be saying "but wait, don't buy a vita, we're going to have a better deal in december." Why would they do that? If there is a bundle we won't hear about it officially until right before it goes live.

As for Stardust... there's more good news than just the game.

I think its atleast a year too early for a PS4+Vita bundle. It'd be crazy to give away Vita for 100 more when there is a pricecut planned this year. Holiday 2014 might see the first PS4 pricecut and as both hardwares will be cheaper to produce, a bundle will be more feasible by then.

Samyy

I think its atleast a year too early for a PS4+Vita bundle. It'd be crazy to give away Vita for 100 more when there is a pricecut planned this year. Holiday 2014 might see the first PS4 pricecut and as both hardwares will be cheaper to produce, a bundle will be more feasible by then.

Unless the PS4 is doing horrible you wont see a pricedrop, probably some decent bundles. It just seems way too soon considering their price is very competitive.

Skeff

Unless the PS4 is doing horrible you wont see a pricedrop, probably some decent bundles. It just seems way too soon considering their price is very competitive.

Its also possible if it's doing really well, if the PS+ subscription rate and software attach rate is higher than expected they will be able to factor in the new rates to give them more control over possible price ranges. If this occurs and the XB1 does get a price cut then anything could happen.

Personally, I think the first price cut will be holiday 2014, and it won't be a big drop, maybe $379 or $399 with camera.

Cyberia

Spiritual successor though?

What does that mean? How will it be different?

Typically, the phrase “spiritual successor” is code for “we don’t have the IP to do another one.” Why is your PS4 game using it?

We think of the new game as being a “spiritual successor” to Super Stardust, simply in the sense that it’s from the same team and it’s a shoot ‘em up which we believe fans of Super Stardust and the genre as a whole will enjoy.

Maybe SCE bought Housemarque.

This could be a possibility. Especially after reading today's published interview:

You’ve worked on PC, mobiles, and Xbox systems before. What’s made you partial to working with Sony?

With only 48 employees, we would spread ourselves too thin if we developed for every system out there. As a game studio, our commitment to certain projects and partnerships excludes other possibilities. Last year, we were given the opportunity to start working on two new games with Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios Europe XDEV team, and that was a great deal for us since they’ve been a trusted partner for many years. The partnership allows us to continue creating the cool core games we want to concentrate on, and also get our hands on new hardware as soon as it’s available.

I notice Outland is the only game that’s released on two platforms. Do you have an aversion to multiplatform development?

We also developed Angry Birds Trilogy for Xbox 360 and PS3, but we prefer to pick our battles and focus on less in order to create the very best game possible. We really like the PS4’s architecture and power – hence, developing our new games exclusively for SCEE is the perfect opportunity for us.

http://www.housemarqueblog.com/hous...om-an-interview-with-gameindustry/2013/08/12/

Endo Punk

Super Stardust, Outland and one of my personal favorite DL games, Dead Nation. Yeah, I am very excited to see what Housemarque have up their sleeves for the PS4. Also looking forward to what Giant Sparrow and Drinkbox are doing next as well.

Cyberia

8WoNL0l.png

https://twitter.com/artenvelope/status/367825181546262528

harSon

Banned
I'm hoping Tarsier Studios has something cooked up. I know they're a small studio, and they just released a game last year, but I have a feeling they've got it in them to produce something great if given the chance.

KAL2006

Banned
I expect new power element reveal or boss fight gameplay or both for inFamous. If they have Multiplayer I'd be surprised, that's something I think they will save for a sequel. But I sure would love Multiplayer, imagine it has a separate mode like GTA. Call it inFamous Heroes, you have your own character and different powers to choose from.

Phil4000

I think I am starting to agree with crazy Patcher....
PS Vita is pretty much dead already :(

A glimmer of hope still exists though if Sony can turn it into a viable second screen but still.... why does this device exist if their are no good exclusive games.

B.O.O.M

more Second Son? Count me in! I think it's about time we had a glimpse of another power :D MP would dope too

I think I am starting to agree with crazy Patcher....
PS Vita is pretty much dead already :(

A glimmer of hope still exists though if Sony can turn it into a viable second screen but still.... why does this device exist if their are no good exclusive games.

I can argue against this..especially the no good exclusive bit since that's absolute bullshit. But I will be wasting my time. I have come to realize sales of hardware tend to cloud gamer's perception of the software library of those systems. Odd stuff really

Phil4000

more Second Son? Count me in! I think it's about time we had a glimpse of another power :D MP would dope too

I can argue against this..especially the no good exclusive bit since that's absolute bullshit. But I will be wasting my time. I have come to realize sales of hardware tend to cloud gamer's perception of the software library of those systems. Odd stuff really

Aside from Teraway and Killzone what else is there?! The lineup of great games is quite sad...

Sorry if this had been answered 100x but is the Sony presser expected to last an hour? 90 min? I want to watch on my lunch break if I can

Sorry if this had been answered 100x but is the Sony presser expected to last an hour? 90 min? I want to watch on my lunch break if I can

According to the full conference on youtube it lasted 1:09 last year, so I would say that's the minimum for this year when they now has the PS4 to cover too.

Hold on now, there's more than Stardust when it comes to Housemarque news??

Oh lord, I want Dead Nation 2! With puzzle features and platforming!

gruenel

Aside from Teraway and Killzone what else is there?! The lineup of great games is quite sad...

FFX HD + FFX-2 HD
Arkham Origins Blackgate
Rayman Legends
Ys

Not that much, but I also don't think it's as bad as people make it out to be. They need to show some new blockbusters at Gamescom nonetheless.

Top Bottom