• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony: Gamescom to be focused on the PS4's lineup

An hour is not enough to show new console. At least it should not be bloated like E3.

So Vita won´t be at the conference just on the show floor? Disappointing.

Given the time allotment, the conference will probably be all PS4. I'm hoping that the lots of demos turns out to be a ton of good vita support.

Skeff

If somehow I can magically play my PS4 game on the train, the I wouldn't even complain in the first place.

Shuhei Yoshida, tweeted that you can do that as long as you have the required internet infrastructure. So, if your on a wifi enabled train which seem to be getting more popular here in the uk and have a decent upload speed on your home connection....voila!

farisr

Have they confirmed the conference is only one hour?

Nope.

Seeing as their conferences the last 2 years were about 70 minutes long, I expect this one to be AT LEAST 70 minutes if not more. This one is a completely different ball-game being a launch year for a home console, so there's a good chance it may be longer.

6tTg8su.png

https://twitter.com/Rushy33/status/368306488403439616

They better have a great demo, because that E3 one was garbage

I just prordered at my local Game (UK). I was told that I wouldn't be in the first phase of consoles (Launch day), I was told that unless there were cancellations I would be in the Second Phase.

I asked if they had any idea regarding launch dates the manager said to me that:
"We seem to be preparing for early November, with the second phase of consoles out by the first week in December at the latest"

Hype overload!

Dang0

Doki Doki Universe?... hope we get atleast another good title around DEC/JAN before Second Son

Thats for ps4 as well, and he was talking about exclusives.

FFX HD + FFX-2 HD
Arkham Origins Blackgate
Rayman Legends
Ys

Not that much, but I also don't think it's as bad as people make it out to be. They need to show some new blockbusters at Gamescom nonetheless.

Only one of those are exclusive. I already own systems that can play those games, why would I buy a Vita to play games I can already buy?

Krakn3Dfx

"We'll kick off the show at 18:00 BST on 20 August 2013 with a briefing to media on our release plans for PlayStation 4, as well as updates on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita."

Looks like release date announcements confirmed.

"We'll kick off the show at 18:00 BST on 20 August 2013 with a briefing to media on our release plans for PlayStation 4, as well as updates on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita."

Looks like release date announcements confirmed.

or just a bunch of launch countries. ;P

Oh. and i can't wait for the tv ads as well. i hope they bring the awesome as well.

Is this some joke I'm missing or did they actually state 70%?

35 + 36. so it's 71%

Skeff

Thats for ps4 as well, and he was talking about exclusives.

Only one of those are exclusive. I already own systems that can play those games, why would I buy a Vita to play games I can already buy?

To play them when your not at home.

merrick97

Banned
Sony got away with a very mediocre E3 due to the fact that they merely said that they werent doing what MS was doing. Granted that was more than enough to completely own and humiliate MS, but Gamescom really truly needs to announce some great games and exclusives. MS did have a pretty good games showing at E3, especially if you love multiplayer FPS.

Dang0

What's the release date on FFX/ FFX-2 and Ys on 3DS or ipod touch?

Dont go changing goalposts, it really doesn't make you look good.

I'm not changing goalposts, I'm saying I'm not going to buy a Vita just to play FFX, because I can just play it on my ps3. Even if I owned a Vita, I would still play it on ps3. As for Ys, its an exclusive, which is good, but I don't know anything about Ys, so I'm not really interested.

And as for my 3ds comment, I was saying that I already have a portable system, so I already have something to play when I'm out, except it has tons of exclusives. And if the Vita had tons of exclusives I'd own one too. But I wont buy a Vita to play maybe 5 or 6 games and then put it in a drawer to collect dust.

mekes

Looking for big things from the Sony conference. I have a suspicion they have held back a fair few things from us so far, including first party launch titles.

Edit - Hoping Driveclub will look great. Really want it to be a great game...

Sony got away with a very mediocre E3 due to the fact that they merely said that they werent doing what MS was doing. Granted that was more than enough to completely own and humiliate MS, but Gamescom really truly needs to announce some great games and exclusives. MS did have a pretty good games showing at E3, especially if you love multiplayer FPS.

I mean, personally, of course I'd love to see a boat load of new games announced at Gamescom, but I'm just not worried about it. Realistically, Sony has an entire stable of really strong first party studios all working on PS4 games. They are coming. Sony simply has the track record, great new exclusives are coming to PS4, it's just a matter of when.

Krakn3Dfx

I mean, personally, of course I'd love to see a boat load of new games announced at Gamescom, but I'm just not worried about it. Realistically, Sony has an entire stable of really strong first party studios all working on PS4 games. They are coming. Sony simply has the track record, great new exclusives are coming to PS4, it's just a matter of when.

Exactly, Sony has more than a dozen internal studios working on PS4 titles, it's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when. PS3 had a ton of great 1st party titles, all indications are the PS4 will have even more.

Dang0

According to gametrailers

GamescomSony_SocialPromo_640x360.jpg

It'll be 3 hours. So, yeah, that's a huge chunk of time, and perhaps part of that 3 hours is taking into account pre and post show stuff from gametrailers, but nonetheless, Sony's event will certainly be much longer than 1 hour.

Thats not 3 hours, its just the starting time in different timezones

Swishh

Banned

It'll be 3 hours. So, yeah, that's a huge chunk of time, and perhaps part of that 3 hours is taking into account pre and post show stuff from gametrailers, but nonetheless, Sony's event will certainly be much longer than 1 hour.

3 hours? I highly doubt that. E3 wasn't even quite 2 hours IIRC.

I think the 3 hours there refers to the conference + post-show where some of their staff will go over their thoughts on what they saw.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

3 hours absolutely includes pre and post show on GT. Conference will probably be a little over an hour.

3 hours absolutely includes pre and post show on GT. Conference will probably be a little over an hour.

I believe Sony announced a round table event with @yosp, David Cage and the writer from Assassin's Creed 4 happening right after the stage event. They're probably streaming both with bumpers before, after and between.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
I own a Vita. I love my Vita. I truly hope my Vita gets some genuine heavy hitters in the next year and a half (Killzone has my dripping) ...

But all i want out of these conferences is more and more PS4 goodness. I'm kind of amazed so many people even give a shit about this not being a Vita show of sorts. You all really care that much? Cause the best thing about this fucking AMAZING looking screen is the fact that it's gonna be streaming my PS4 games in a matter of months.

Gimme dem new IPs. Truly hope i don't have to wait until the next e3 to see exactly what GGs new game is.

panda21

oh man i'm so hyped can't wait to PS4 i'm playing motorosotorm apocalypse in anticipation of drivel club (its same guys right?))

if its a 3 hour stream i will die with excitement and then watch the stream for 3 hours

oh man i'm so hyped can't wait to PS4 i'm playing motorosotorm apocalypse in anticipation of drivel club (its same guys right?))

if its a 3 hour stream i will die with excitement and then watch the stream for 3 hours

drivel Club, lol! But yeah it's the same team.

So it went up on Eurogamer but got taken down before anyone noticed?

What could be a possible Vita megaton that would fit a Gamescom announcement...

$h@d0w

They have taken the bridge and the second hall. We have barred the gates but cannot hold them for long. The ground shakes, drums... drums in the deep. We cannot get out. A shadow lurks in the dark. We can not get out...

Games are coming.

GET HYPE UP IN THIS HOUSE

Top Bottom