• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony PlayStation 4 Hits 500 Games Milestone

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
But how many are Indies, FTP, JRPGs, remasters, also on PC, also on PS3/Vita or just don't count because 'I don't like them'? I bet once that's taken into consideration there's only one title, and that would be Bloodborne, which only sold 2 million anyway ...

Just so you know I'm not biased, I'm going to mention that I have a PS4 (which is gathering dust), I loved all the franchises 'back in the day' that aren't on the PS4 and I think Nintendo has some great games. There are SOME 'timed' PS4 exclusives I'm interested in though ...

Nev

Banned
Kind of sad that out of these 500 there's only ONE game that would make me get a PS4 (Bloodborne). I don't even know/care what the rest are because they're probably multiplatform titles and indies you can find on PC.

Kind of sad that out of these 500 there's only ONE game that would make me get a PS4 (Bloodborne). I don't even know/care what the rest are because they're probably multiplatform titles and indies you can find on PC.

Yeah, that's always the problem with 500 choices. 499 are going to be shit.

Yep.I've got over 200 PS3 disc games, no way I have about 20% of the lineup.
FIFA 2008
FIFA 2009
FIFA 2010
FIFA 2011
FIFA 2012
FIFA 2013
FIFA 2014
FIFA 2015
FIFA 2016
NBA2K08
NBA2K09
NBA2K10
NBA2K11
NBA2K12
NBA2K13
NBA2K14
NBA2K15
MLB 07
MLB 08
MLB 09
MLB 10
MLB 11
MLB 12...

It soon adds up.

Basically.

I just mentioned in another thread about game output when someone mentioned the Vita and Dreamcast. Is it shocking that the Vita is outpacing the Wii U in game output? Or do I have that wrong?

Because it seems to me Sony may have given up on the Vita waay before Nintendo gave up on the Wii U. If so thats an accomplishment to have more games than th Wii U.

Now that I think about it....which one has sold the most console so far.... I would be shocked if the Vita sold more.

The Vita has over 1k games while Wii U has ~ 650 games according to Wikipedia.

Digital and physical.

bigjig

Are PS1 games counted for the PS2? Do PS classics count for PS3? If not I don't see why backwards compatibility would boost the Xbox One lineup, they aren't technically Xbox One games

They mentioned the 100 BC games coming to Xbox One.

They did, but I'm disagreeing that BC should count when someone asks "How many games does this system have?". If it does, the Wii U's library should be significantly larger (since it plays all those Wii games), and the PS3, 360, and PS2 would be similarly absurd.

viHuGi

Banned
Much more. 360 alone has around 5k.

360 was a beast, Live Arcade <3

But how many are Indies, FTP, JRPGs, also on PC, also on PS3/Vita or just don't count because their 'rubbish'? I bet once that's taken into consideration there's only one title, and that would be Bloodborne, which only sold 2 million anyway ...

Just so you know I'm not biased, I'm going to mention that I have a PS4 (which is gathering dust), I loved all the franchises 'back in the day' that aren't on the PS4 and I think Nintendo has some great games. There are SOME 'timed' PS4 exclusives I'm interested in though ...

LOL

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
PS4 has too many games!

I don't believe that, even if just Blu-ray games.

I am interested in how indies sell on PS4 and Xbox. I figure it's not much for 90 % of indie games, the post launch drought is over, it's basically too many games coming out for such a small (relatively, compared to Steam) user base. And even Steam has problems finding customers for the majority of games. Are there any sales-wise disappointed console developers here?

AmFreak

They seem to count every old fart, port, remaster, anniversary, special edition they can buy (in the store). The distinction between indie and major also seems arbitrary.
These are examples of the list they link to:
Another World – 20th Anniversary Edition 8-Jul-14 0.159 Indie PlayStation
Arcade Apocalypse Bundle 12-May-15 0.306 Major PlayStation
Arcade Archives Buta San 14-Jul-15 0.018 Indie PlayStation
Arcade Archives City Connection 5-May-15 0.033 Indie PlayStation
Arcade Archives Crazy Climber 26-May-15 0.015 Indie PlayStation
Battlefield 4 15-Nov-13 31.576 Major PlayStation
Battlefield Bundle 16-Jun-15 74.273 Major PlayStation
Call Of Duty Ghosts And Season Pass Bundle 5-Feb-14 29.572 Major PlayStation
Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare Gold Edition 7-Apr-15 44.964 Major PlayStation
Call Of Duty: Ghosts Digital Hardened Edition 15-Nov-13 29.131 Major PlayStation
Call Of Duty: Ghosts Gold Edition 25-Mar-14 34.04 Major PlayStation
Call Of Duty:Advanced Warfare – Digital Pro Edition (Day Zero) 3-Nov-14 40.218 Major PlayStation
Child Of Light 29-Apr-14 2.107 Major PlayStation
Child Of Light Ultimate Edition 9-Jun-15 2.128 Major PlayStation
Curve Digital Ps4 Mega Bundle 7-Oct-14 0.632 Major PlayStation
Curve Digital Triple Features – Action Pack 8-Oct-14 0.132 Indie PlayStation
Curve Digital Triple Features – Adventure Pack 8-Oct-14 0.382 Indie PlayStation
Curve Digital Triple Features – Puzzle Pack 15-Oct-14 0.281 Indie PlayStation

Dereck

400 of them are remasters
osetmdP.gif

Next year comes a huge wave of games as well. I can't believe I'll probably play Final Fantasy XV and The Last Guardian next year...

I thought there were more. When I consider the percentage of available games I own I feel like my wallet may morph into a black hole.

But how many are Indies, FTP, JRPGs, also on PC, also on PS3/Vita or just don't count because their 'rubbish'? I bet once that's taken into consideration there's only one title, and that would be Bloodborne, which only sold 2 million anyway ...

What's hilarious is that this parody post actually came in a couple of minutes before an actual real post that it was mocking in the first place....

How many games did PS2 have? I heard it was like 11,000 which I guess could be tru with all the late-life JP-only visual novels...

kpaadet

But how many are Indies, FTP, JRPGs, remasters, also on PC, also on PS3/Vita or just don't count because 'I don't like them'? I bet once that's taken into consideration there's only one title, and that would be Bloodborne, which only sold 2 million anyway ...

This is hilarious.

N.Domixis

Banned
-300 Japanese games
-100 indie games
-71 remastered games
-25 preseason games
- 2.5 movies
Which leaves only 1.5 real games.
Bloodborne, Rocket league

Sony, why you liein' bro?

Lol jk

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
i can only think of 3-4 interesting games lol

shocked something like this wasn't first post. Assuming this is the closest we're going to get to someone having the balls to say "and yet they still have no games"

apparently I needed to keep reading the thread.. lol

That's a healthy number of games for such a new platform, I'm sure the XB1 number is much lower. What I would very much like to know is sales numbers for the games on PSN, retail and indie. Do indie games generally find success on PS4 or is the market skewed more towards big budget games? Does the small number of games compared to Steam help these titles stand out and achieve good sales? We have so much data on Steam thanks to Steam Spy but we know next to nothing about these other services.

Sjefen

Newsflash: PS4 have only 1 game, but still manage to sell almost 30 million consoles.

Wow thats alot of indies, Im glad PS+ gives me 3-5 indies each month to try out or else I would not know about them

Aceofspades

Banned
PS4 has no games meme was never true to begin with. PS4 has always had more games than competition, abd is still outpacing X1 in number of games released on it.

stuminus3

Banned
I would play 500 games and I would play 500 more just to be the man that played a thousand games on his PlayStation 4.

Dargor

Well the thread may be closed now, we already went through all the loops it would eventually go with just one post.

Congratulations, good sir.

Muricaexplodingflagclap.gif

;P

Seriously now, thats alot of games already. Just hope we had more JRPGs. Not enough of those :(.

Top Bottom