• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony TGS 2015 Conference [Over]

fedexpeon

Banned
Vita trending worldwide, right next to Gravity Rush.

CO71pH8UAAA0rbP.png

Vita is the officially-dead-but-still-alive-maybe-in-a-coma legacy device.
When was the RIP date for the Vita btw? 2013?

Bousf

I told you guys it was too early for FF12.
If you were to bet on it, is XIIHD happening even after XV?? Is it that early into development? I don't mind waiting but I thought it was at least getting to ramp up a bit of content done :(

Also, Level 5 gets me mad. It happened to me the same as at E3: I watch the conference, end up all happy and blissful because of the announcements made, then I remember: "F*CK, NO LEVEL 5!!" and I get mad
and sad :(

Fbh

Awww damn I missed it.

But looking at the recap it was pretty damn awesome:

+ Bloodorne DLC out this year and it looks awesome
+ Gravity Rush 1 coming to Ps4
+ Gravity Rush 2 now a Ps4 exclusive and it looks amazing. This is now esily in my top 5 most anticipated games
+ Yakuza 6 and Yakuza 1 remakes. Amazing news, sad there is a good chance we won't see them in the west (please buy Yakuza 5 people)
+ That short Satsuna video looked pretty nice. I want to see more lower budget JRPG's make it to home console. Also, it's comming out sooner than expected
+ Nioh is back and looks great. Team Ninja doesn't have the best track record as of late, but the first gameplay video looks really good.
+ New Vanillaware game looks awesome

- Biohazard Umbrella Corps, lol capcom. What's worse is that even if you ingore the fact that it's not what most people want from Residen Evil... the game just looks bad.
- Kingdom Hearts HD II.8 Final Chapter Prologue. FIrst of all, LOL at that name. And other than that it's just a dissapointing pack. Know what would have been great?, a full remaster collection with all the titles on Ps4. But the remastered version of a, IMO, average 3DS game is dissapointing

Bloodborne DLC (no one should be excited for DLC)

Why??? There is absolutely nothing wrong with DLC done right. And FROM has made an amazing job with the DLC in their past Souls Games.
15 years ago you would have gotten the exact same content but because it was called an "expantion pack" it would have been ok?

RyoonZ

Banned
I already said this numerous time, PlayStation is de facto Japanese game platform. Look at those exclusive or otherwise third party game, no moneyhat needed, the relationship has been established since PlayStation 1 era. It's only because the PS3 failure and HD development hurdle that it feels like the Japanese development stumbled on something, but even then we get gems like Nier, Ni no Kuni, Valkyria Chronicles. This gens they're coming BACK and HARD, if you like Japanese games, PlayStation is the only choice, make no mistake.

I already said this numerous time, PlayStation is de facto Japanese game platform. Look at those exclusive or otherwise third party game, no moneyhat needed, the relationship has been established since PlayStation 1 era. It's only because the PS3 failure and HD development hurdle that it feels like the Japanese development stumbled on something, but even then we get gems like Nier, Ni no Kuni, Valkyria Chronicles. This gens they're coming BACK and HARD, if you like Japanese games, PlayStation is the only choice, make no mistake.

I think thats apparent to most people now. The amount of exclusive games will only increase throughout the years.

Alucrid

Banned
holy fucking shit, sony blew everything up. this looks like a great conference, can't wait to watch it at work. and to think that we still have paris game show and playstation experience coming up...jesus

fedexpeon

Banned

Eh, PS has always been the de facto Japanese game platform.
No one actually seriously challenged them at all last gen.
PS4 is such a juggernaut right now that it is the default console just by existing.
So PS isn't coming back and hard, but the Japanese industry is coming back and hard.

RyoonZ

Banned
Eh, PS has always been the de facto Japanese game platform.
No one actually seriously challenged them at all last gen.
PS4 is such a juggernaut right now that it is the default console just by existing.
So PS isn't coming back and hard, but the Japanese industry is coming back and hard.

That's what I'm saying

I wish I would've stayed awake for this. I get to play TWO new Yakuzas, Gravity Rush, a new Toukiden, and a new Vanillaware game. Square Enix's output looks great too. Star Ocean looks pretty good, while Setsuna looks like a nice throwback and World of Final Fantasy frankly looks awesome. Square's burgeoning renaissance and the Japanese excitement for the PS4 are the main things keeping me upbeat about the future of console games.

Apathy

I'm not a fan of gravity daze, never got into it cause of the aiming, but I'm glad people are getting a remake and a new game. I still don't think that game has a larger appeal in the mainstream market but we'll see. Wish they would have redesigned Kat's outfit for 2.

Where the hell was Level 5 and Ni No Kuni 2? =/

Would have been game of the conference if they'd shown this. Otherwise the conference was solid if unspectacular.

Post if you are ok Level-5?

I think I sat through that whole conference everytime a new announcer came on stage thinking "this is it, this is it" hoping for something awesome to be announced and it never came for me.

Besides the golf game and Bloodborne DLC (no one should be excited for DLC)
this does nothing for me. SO for me this was a pretty bad conference. Then again I really do not care much about Japanese games since I find most mediocre and they just do not appeal to me.[//QUOTE]

I do not remember such a brutal conference in a TGS with many games. Is awesome.

I'm confused. Who are you supposed to be quoting?

Really sad to see what Capcom have become. Still trying to turn RE into a shooter rather than what the franchise is, what people love and what it works best as.

Giving us this as a 20th Anniversary celebration is like buying us socks for our birthday. No one wants them wrapped up and given as a special gift.

If you were to bet on it, is XIIHD happening even after XV?? Is it that early into development? I don't mind waiting but I thought it was at least getting to ramp up a bit of content done :(

Also, Level 5 gets me mad. It happened to me the same as at E3: I watch the conference, end up all happy and blissful because of the announcements made, then I remember: "F*CK, NO LEVEL 5!!" and I get mad
and sad :(
Level 5 is all in on 3DS now, won't be surprised to see an spinoff to yokia watch that connects to the 3DS game on wiiu or NX but most likely they won't touch ps4 in a while.

Blobbers

I have high hopes for Level-5 being at PGW. Especially after zoetis said the conference will be >e3, which hopefully might mean the announcements of a big scale Level-5 RPG with worldwide appeal plus the Sony in-house Final Fantasy rival Verendus was talking about.

Exentryk

Maybe they want to showcase their new game in front of a western audience. Ni no Kuni was a success only outside of Japan after all. ;)

Is it even a thing tho? I know Thuway and Tidux have said in the past that NNK2 is being made, but do we have Verendus's stamp? Just knowing that it is happening will be enough for me.

bwakh

Missed it, damn.

Does anybody know if Yakuza HD and Yakuza 6 will get a western release near the Japanese release? Same for Gravity Rush?

Bousf

Do we know if Bloodborne - The Old Hunters will release across all regions in November?
I know Bloodborne came out in the same week everywhere but I'd like to know if something has been said so far.

Also, SO5 is February in Japan, is expecting it in NA/EU for Summer 2016 asking for too much?

Do we know if Bloodborne - The Old Hunters will release across all regions in November?
I know Bloodborne came out in the same week everywhere but I'd like to know if something has been said so far.

Also, SO5 is February in Japan, is expecting it in NA/EU for Summer 2016 asking for too much?
yes, same day everywhere.

Top Bottom