• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony's Shuhei Yoshida reacts to the "Nintendo PlayStation"

Sony's Shuhei Yoshida reacts to the "Nintendo PlayStation"

Not long after our last intimate chat with Shuhei Yoshida, the President of Sony Computer Entertainment's Worldwide Studios at E3, a Redditor managed to dig up a prototype of the never-released "Nintendo PlayStation" that eventually led to the birth of Sony's very own gaming console. Naturally, when we caught up with Shuhei-san again at a Project Morpheus event in Hong Kong, we showed him our article on the priceless gem and asked for his thoughts. After some reminiscent giggles, the exec gave a brief account on the time he spent with a device with matching description, as you can see in our interview video after the break.

"When I joined Ken Kutaragi's team [in 1993], there was a system called 'Play Station' that had both Super Nintendo cartridge support and some disc game support. Actually, I played some games [on it] as well."

Link (Full story + video)

Tadaima

Look, we always try to provide the best content available for our loyal consumers. If that meant a Playstation and Super Nintendo hybrid back in the day, I would have been fine with that.
The first sentence is very Reggie. But he is probably more likely to use the rest of the answer as an opportunity to talk about something completely irrelevant.

Look, we always try to provide the best content available for our loyal consumers. If that meant a Playstation and Super Nintendo hybrid back in the day, I would have been fine with that.

Hahaha, awesome. I can hear him saying "content" in my head and it won't go away.

geordiemp

Sounds like Reggie - just add, I remember when i first played Mario and that feeling when completing a level. Get some Nostalgia plug in there,

Shu just giggles and laughs....I like this guy.

pompidu

Can you imagine the kind of PR spin he was giving customers at Pizza Hut?

"Fans don't like pineapple pizza because they haven't tried it yet."

-"But we ordered pepperoni."

"We know you want a traditional pepperoni. We hear you."

These both made me laugh, well done.

Ricky_R

Now ask Reggie

379ch.gif

Majine

Banned
He never would've mentioned Playstation by name.

Bloody hell.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

Holy shit :lol

Kriken

This made me laugh harder than it should have

takriel

So in this industry, it's all about the ingredients. Ingredients drive pizzas. And we have seen this with over 50 years experience in this category.

We put out one high-quality pizza per generation. Contrast that with the yearly same-new pizzas that our competitors produce.

Angry fan: For being the president of Pizza Hut, you suck at eating pizzas, Reggie!

Top Bottom