• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man: Singleplayer, 4-6x size of Sunset, Spider-Man is 23, has Peter gameplay

deim0s

What are the odds on this being a Raiden/Big Shell type thing with Miles taking over after a few missions?

No, I don't really think that's going to happen.

Please no. Miles can stay and do his own adventures but i hope they don't replace Peter.

Shang

The game looks insanely fucking pretty, but I'm worried that, gameplay-wise, it's gonna be far too much like the plethora of post-Arkham Spidey games that tried too hard to be like Arkham.

Sounds great. I really enjoyed the demo shown. I've seen enough of these E3 game slices to realize the majority of the game won't be the big cinematic aspec. They'll be there but used sparingly which is what I like. The use of QTEs works well enough for capturing spidey doing some crazy action moments.

I especially like the out of suit Peter mention. When Brandon Jones of EasyAllies before E3 started speculating a game where you really had to struggle the Peter Parker costume activities with his job woes, family drama, etc. Which is Spider-Man at his core, and not ever really captured. It could be great.

New002

Hah I was gonna ask but how many QTEs though?? That really killed my hype when watching the conference. Sounds like it won't be as and as it seemed? Sounds like a Tomb Raider type implementation.

Perhaps the spider symbol on the suit is big and white so that enemies with guns direct their fire there, and the spider is actually armored and kind of bullet proof. I remember them explaining that's what Batman's bat symbol does in Arkham Knight.
So maybe you start the campaign with a more classic suit, Spider-Man gets shot up and opts for an upgrade.

Perhaps the spider symbol on the suit is big and white so that enemies with guns direct their fire there, and the spider is actually armored and kind of bullet proof. I remember them explaining that's what Batman's bat symbol does in Arkham Knight.
So maybe you start the campaign with a more classic suit, Spider-Man gets shot up and opts for an upgrade.

That's The Punishers mo.

joe_zazen

I just want to know if we'll be allowed to change costumes to other Spider-Man suits.

I want the home made sweat pant suit from the early 2000s spidey.

It doesn't have to be bad. You could be going to get some groceries when guys bust in to Rob the place. You then slap a paper bag on your head and get to work.

Take that back. Out of all of the Hero "successors" Marvel has done to their characters Miles was the most interesting.

Can someone bring me up to speed on miles. Last character reboot I remember was Spider-Man as a post-journalism website design guy.

KodaRuss

Peter Parker social links

I hope they go for a Persona 5 angle, with fun stuff to do as Peter Parker. Maybe different villains that are treated like seasons of a TV show.

I'd love DLC that focuses on lesser known villains. Comic books and video games go together like PB&J, and I'm really glad this is happening.

It's just too bad Square Enix has The Avengers.

As long as some dumb cat doesnt tell me to get to bed early every night I am ok with this!

At this point, Insomniac can just have me. Like, do whatever you want, I don't care. Just give me the game, let me play it, then take me as you will.

Not a big fan of Peter being 23. I mean shit Miles looks like they're the same age.

Hopefully they don't relegate him to a side character. But I'm doubtful.

gameplay playing as peter parker sounds interesting and a breath of fresh air to me.

Everything sounds fantastic and I know Insomniac can definitely deliver

eizarus

Banned
I want the home made sweat pant suit from the early 2000s spidey.

Can someone bring me up to speed on miles. Last character reboot I remember was Spider-Man as a post-journalism website design guy.
Spiderman of the Ultimate comics line died. Miles Morales got bit by a spider and gained similar powers to Peter but with a few additions. Iirc they have brought him over to the main universe but I'm not entirely sure.

i know they say won't be killing people. i guess you can have them stunned/fatigued/drained to almost death right? what if you knock people off buildings?

I'm really psyched for this game. Playing Ratchet and Clank currently on the PS4 and that game is gorgeous. Really excited to see the finished product here.

Gurish

not a fan of these in-game cut scenes. the visuals look much better than the actual gameplay, and the result is a bit jarring.

Hmm I don't see it at all, "much better"? can you exaggerate a little more please?

Looks more or less the same to me.

I hope they go for a Persona 5 angle, with fun stuff to do as Peter Parker. Maybe different villains that are treated like seasons of a TV show.

I'd love DLC that focuses on lesser known villains. Comic books and video games go together like PB&J, and I'm really glad this is happening.

It's just too bad Square Enix has The Avengers.

Why's Square having the Avengers bad?

I don't care if the white stuff on the costume serves a purpose I want it gone. Not a fan of shoehorning Miles in either. Peter segments could be interesting if this is married Peter otherwise I don't give a damn.

What makes you think they're shoehorning Miles in? Maybe they have an interesting arc for him and he's integral to the story? Jesus, people.

Sami+

Why's Square having the Avengers bad?

What makes you think they're shoehorning Miles in? Maybe they have an interesting arc for him and he's integral to the story? Jesus, people.

For real lol. What would even be the point in "shoehorning in" Miles anyway? It's not like people were demanding or even remotely expected him in this.

KodaRuss

Villains I would love to see.

Doc Ock
Kraven
Venom
Carnage

Allies

Black Cat
Daredevil (doubtful)
Punisher
Scarlet Spider
JK, just his costume!

I presume that suit is going to end up black during the campaign, well except the white parts. Does anyone photoshop?

Really quick (Gimp) job:

IsDKv3z_TD2b-psXNyHjtw.png

jrush64

Banned
I just hope this game is as good as the Arkham games. We need some more Superhero games man. Superman, Wonder Woman, Captain America and more.

KDC720

Older Peter is nice, especially because Peter was still in high school for most of the movies.

I hope we get tons of unlockable costumes as well. Probably going to be paid DLC but I'd buy them, Spidey has a pretty slick wardrobe.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
oh that's cool, i didnt see it in the summary so i thought that wasnt well known

Well, sadly I don't think it really is. I've tried spreading the info into threads, haha. I've seen multiple people try to say it doesn't look physics based or that webs attach. I just figured it would be good to say that we've gotten a direct confirmation from Insomniac rather than relying on second hand information.

Psoelberg

[*]There will be a lot of gameplay and story segments where you play as Peter Parker going about his day instead of Spider-Man. They say it will actually focus as much on Peter as it does on Spider-Man, but I don't know if that statement just applies to the story, or to the gameplay segments as well.

Best news - and something that's often forgotten when interactive medias try to tell the story of Spider-Man. Spider-Man - as the good old classic comics - ain't just about a superhero. It's just as much about the kid, Peter Parker, who has to distance himself from other people. And the more a superhero he becomes, the more distance he has to put to other people. Spider-Man is just as much a story about loneliness and lost than it is about being a superhero.

RRockman

Banned
I need Social Links.

S-s-social link G-go?

JJJ: PARKER!!!! where's my pictures of spider-man! The world needs to be rid of that menace!

Peter: Here you go, sir.

JJJ: Not fast enough Parker! I'm docking your pay.

Narrator: You have reached rank 2 of the Death Arcana. You can now exclusively purchase Ramen noodles.

Top Bottom