• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man: Singleplayer, 4-6x size of Sunset, Spider-Man is 23, has Peter gameplay

Slayven

You forgot the best Spiderman 2211

614675-2211b.jpg

Ehhhhhh....I don't know about this. I play a Spiderman game because I want to swing around a city and beat up bad guys. Not play as a normal dude doing normal things. Small cutscenes and references to Peter are fine, but I don't want to be Peter for ~50% of the game.

I'm cautiously optimistic, but this and the QTEs make me wary.
Spiderman is popular because he's so relatable as Peter Parker. He's just some average kid that got powers from a spider bite. He has to juggle school/work life and hero life. Having Peter segments sounds great, imo.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
I hope they go for a Persona 5 angle, with fun stuff to do as Peter Parker. Maybe different villains that are treated like seasons of a TV show.

I'd love DLC that focuses on lesser known villains. Comic books and video games go together like PB&J, and I'm really glad this is happening.

It's just too bad Square Enix has The Avengers.
*Peter Parker enters front door*

Aunt May: "Ah, you're back"

Nameless

I hope they're not doing Persona style daily routine/relationship management with the Peter Parker stuff. All that fell super flat for me in P5.

Thorrgal

I love when devs use multipliers in regard to open world sizes compared to past titles. It's the most disingenuous thing ever. It might very well be 4 times the size when you take into account density, verticality, etc, but I refuse to believe the Manhattan in Spider-Man will genuinely feel 4-6 times as big as the world in Sunset

Lol ok

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
I killed people in Arkham, I managed to kill citizens in every AC game after they stopped allowing it.

Challenge accepted, Insomniac.

I just wanna kick some ppl off the roofs. I thought that looked a lil deliberate where Spidey swung them back from the edge and onto the roof.

I also accept the challenge. I will kick ppl off and follow them down.

I would ascend beyond this plane if there were multiple costumes. I need that symbiote Spidey. I would return if it was all DLC though.

Fbh

Sounds good.

Not sure about there being a lot of Peter Parker segments thought. If they have some good game mechanics to go along with it then awesome but if it's forced walking and stealth segments without your powers it would turn annoying really fast.

You dont say...

Devs should understand that gamers don't get hyped by QTE sequences that are glorified cinematics.

The majority of shit people get hyped about isn't great either though.

The world is empty, lacking detail and without much to do but it's 2000 times bigger than our last game!!!!!!!!

There's like 785 Sidequests!!! They are repetitive and 95% are boring fetch quests but did we say 785?!?!?!?!?!?.

At least cinematic segments with QTE's are fun in small doses and look cool.

Hesh

"For the most neurotic fans, Insomniac assures that the white Spider-Man symbol is meaningful and has a purpose that's explained in game"

What I hope for: it's the Symbiote

What I'll probably get instead: it's to complete a "red, white & blue" motif that relates to some sort of patriotism angle in the game's story

Slaythe

I'm a man of my word.

The E3 demo had let me down greatly and hype kinda died.

But I said if Peter is playable I'm in day 1.

On top of that the other info sound good.

So I'll get the game despite not being suuuper hyped. But I have to support Peter Parker segments.

All I know about Spiderman is what I learned from the Sam Raimi films. Even then I couldn't tell you a single thing other than the broad strokes of his backstory. I am down for a Spidey game that plays somewhat like the Batman games but you know has colour and swinging about and quippy humour. Looks good and I am a firm supporter of single player games so I am looking forward to it.

The abundance of button prompts in this game (like for the UI at the bottom of the screen that's always there, and even the L1 telling you to save the person from falling) definitely seems to be an "Insomniac" thing now. Ratchet & Clank since the PS3 era slowly started to get more and more persistent with reminding you of what buttons do, and I thought R&C PS4 was too in your face with hand-holdy stuff. Hopefully you can at least turn it off in this game.

WadeitOut

The world has to be pretty massive considering how fast he's traversing in some of these clips. You'd clear the Sunset Overdrive world in like 15 seconds.

plainr_

Yes. The Peter Parker angle sounds good.

It seems like Insomniac understands this character and will do him justice.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I'm glad Morales has a small part.

Honestly though, just give me Carnage and I will be a happy baby boy.

Only if they have something decent to do with him. He's kind of a shitty edgelord character when Venom turned out to not be extreme enough. I mean I could see some awesome boss fights but I'd hope they'd actually do something interesting with him though I suppose a serial killer Carnage terrorizing NYC could be an interesting angle to take and could get rather dark.

The game sounds better! Looking forward to the Peter Parker segments. But they better not end up killing Peter just to have Miles be playable or something >>

I don't care if the white stuff on the costume serves a purpose I want it gone. Not a fan of shoehorning Miles in either. Peter segments could be interesting if this is married Peter otherwise I don't give a damn.
Wow you should probably call up the dev to give them these notes.

ActWan

[*]There will be a lot of gameplay and story segments where you play as Peter Parker going about his day instead of Spider-Man. They say it will actually focus as much on Peter as it does on Spider-Man, but I don't know if that statement just applies to the story, or to the gameplay segments as well.

That's actually pretty great, can't wait for it!

Having Peter Parker segments sounds dope, really wanted a Spider-Man game that featured his life outside the costume too. It better not be just the usual "cinematic" walking through cutscenes shit tho. Or stealth.

Top Bottom