• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spiderman (PS4 Exclusive) from Insomniac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, ND, Uncharted, it makes no sense!

Maybe they've actually done something with character fluidity and animations during the actual gameplay that is a vast improvement over all of the Uncharted games and TLOU. I admittedly have yet to play UC4, because the previous games were more than enough of that style for me for a lifetime. Without having played UC4 however, based on everything else they've done, they are pretty standard for an AAA game outside of cutscene animations.

Yo, if you think ND games are like you described, you do you. But that is an insanely reductive assessment that reads like fanboy talk to me.

And you haven't played the game? That's cool too.

So it looks like Uncharted 4's Lead Animator is about to start work on this

https://twitter.com/Mike_Yosh/status/766385918974562304

oh man goddamn
8f4.png
This is great news.

Right, ND, Uncharted, it makes no sense!

Maybe they've actually done something with character fluidity and animations during the actual gameplay that is a vast improvement over all of the Uncharted games and TLOU. I admittedly have yet to play UC4, because the previous games were more than enough of that style for me for a lifetime. Without having played UC4 however, based on everything else they've done, they are pretty standard for an AAA game outside of cutscene animations.
Name a studio more impressive then Naughty Dog

Web of Shadows had the best combat of the modern Spidey games byfar and no offense to Insomniac but I dont't think they'll top it. As it looks now, the combat seems pretty standard.

Seems way too early to judge either way. We've seen a few seconds of quick-cut combat footage from the first trailer; nowhere near enough to determine its quality.

It was a drive-by comment that was weirdly aggressive in tone for some reason, so I wouldn't think anyfhing of it. Curious to see who is producing better animation in their video games than Naughty Dog, though.

They're definitely at the very top of the tree. Off the top of my head the only others I can think of who are at the same level are Ubisoft Montreal and maybe Rocksteady and Sony Santa Monica.

Yeah. I'm not even a huge fan of Uncharted 4 but I can't think of a game with better animation. I have a hard time thinking of anything that comes close actually besides prior Naughty Dog games.

Ascenion

The hell are you going on about? More like 4 for 6 if Homecoming ends up being bad. Although I don't really see how it could be. Sony might be producing it, but Marvel is essentially making it.
It'd be 2 for 6 if Homecoming is bad and 3 for 6 if it's good. Sony has proven they can't make Spider-Man films. The only reason this one has a chance is for the above reason you mentioned: Marvel. Spider-Man 3, ASM and ASM 2 are all trash.

Just a reminder of how good Uncharted 4's gameplay animation is (SunhiLegend made these)

peeaXMl.gif

I really like how Nate punches that dude, and then mid-animation from the punch Sully tackles him, but the animation stays seamless. Unless that's a pre-set 'buddy' takedown, I can't remember.

It'd be 2 for 6 if Homecoming is bad and 3 for 6 if it's good. Sony has proven they can't make Spider-Man films. The only reason this one has a chance is for the above reason you mentioned: Marvel. Spider-Man 3, ASM and ASM 2 are all trash.

The amazing films weren't amazing (hehe), but they were hardly trash. Now fantastic four was a bit trashy.

Shin-Ra

Uncharted (and TLoU) gameplay animation has been beast mode since Drake's Fortune. Uncharted 3 enemy bullet hit reaction dodginess is the standout exception I can think of.

Zedark

Heh, seeing all those Uncharted 4 gifs makes me kind of want to replay the game again.

Hope they can make this game really good, I would love to swing around New York City once more!

It was a drive-by comment that was weirdly aggressive in tone for some reason, so I wouldn't think anyfhing of it. Curious to see who is producing better animation in their video games than Naughty Dog, though.

Ubisoft. Assassin's Creed has the best in game animations in the industry.

BokehKing

Banned
I have yet to play UC4, will probably wait until it stops in price some more but if someone from that tram is helping out with Spider-Man I am down with that.

Woodchipper

I have yet to play UC4, will probably wait until it stops in price some more but if someone from that tram is helping out with Spider-Man I am down with that.
Have you played 1-3? If not, don't play 4 until you have.

Back on topic. Spider-Man is probably my most anticipated game, and this is great news!

Ploid 3.0

If the studios that brought me Sunset Overdrive and Uncharted 4 / TLOU decided to get in bed together the world would only benefit from the fruit of their union.

There was a old rumor that Insomniac and ND shared tech. Around R&C 1 and Jak&Daxter days. Good times.

KiraXD

What's so laughable about that? Assassin's Creed has excellent animations.
I don't know if they are the best in the industry, but they're up there with the best for sure.

yeah AC has some baller animations... people just like to shit on AC because they think it makes them look cool... or something.

Raylan

Banned
What's so laughable about that? Assassin's Creed has excellent animations.
I don't know if they are the best in the industry, but they're up there with the best for sure.
And he didn't say that they're bad. They are simply not the best in the industry and not better than Naughty Dog (see Uncharted 4 for example). Therefore, the laughing gif.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom