• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions coming to Steam

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
IIRC, this license came from Sony and not Marvel (or is it that Sony has the license to movie-related games and Marvel has it for non-movie ones?)

Sony just has the rights to Spider-Man as it relates to film (Marvel sold the film rights wholesale back in the late 90s, a decision it likely regrets in hindsight) and Acti was contracted to release tie-ins to the Amazing Spider-Man movies. If that partnership had conferred Acti access to the Spider-Man IP in general, then Shattered Dimensions would have hit Steam sooner as the app is actually at least ~two-and-a-half years old. I'd guess that Acti was prepping to release Shattered Dimensions on Steam following the release of the first TASM game but was informed that its agreement with Sony didn't cover the entire Spider-Man IP; fast-forward to now and Spider-Man is covered under Acti's existing contract with Marvel that saw Deadpool unexpectedly resurface.

Edit: I'd forgotten that the Wolverine game is a tie-in to X-Men Origins: Wolverine, which is a Fox film. I don't see Acti going the extra mile for the sake of a Steam re-release. Hopes deleted. :(

Diggler

Looks like there's a bug on Windows 10 where save games get corrupted every single time. Hopefully it's fixed soon.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
too bad activision never discounts their games below $20

Actually, Acti discounted its most recently yanked licensed titles by 75% quite a few times before they became digital history. Valve allowing publishers to set their own discount periods outside of the usual sales (Daily Deals, Midweek Madness, Weekend Deals, and of course the Summer/Halloween/Autumn/Winter Sales) is one of the best things to happen to Steam.

Soon...

JGQnUC8.gif

ivR7yBz.gif

j1YBT0v.gif

Wasn't this out for PC? Great game though. I really liked the part where
you fight the sentinel in the air as it falls.

I'm there. Shattered Dimensions was dope.

Actually, talking about Beenox/Griptonite Spider-Man jams makes me think about Segata and his eventual self exile from NeoGAF. Miss that dude.

Drippy

Great that it's on Steam, but 30 euro is way too much for a game from 2010. Few months ago I bought it for 16 PLN (~4,5$) as an addition to Polish video game magazine CD-Action along with Timeshift and Real Boxing.

Sami+

Oh hey I really liked this game a few years ago, could be worth looking at again. Reminded me of the PS1 games.

Such a downgrade from the incredible Web of Shadows that came before it. Still its always nice seeing more games coming to Steam.

Everything's been a downgrade since spider man 2. Less exploreable space, less city interaction (i loved swinging onto helicopters and flying around the city or visiting the statue of liberty) and overall everything just took more and more steps back as games progressed.

catabarez

GFWL and no controller support. Can anyone comment if it runs okay on modern machines? Windows 8.1, etc?

I have the original physical version and it has no GFWL and it does have controller support. The most recent Spider-Man game that doesn't properly support Xbox controllers is Ultimate Spider-Man. I use Xpadder to get around that, I imagine the new Steam controller would probably be the best solution with that game if you don't have a dinput controller.

Unit24

I hope Activision lets Beenox make an actual Shattered Dimensions sequel, and gives them enough time/money to do the job so we don't get another Edge of Time.

But there's no way that's happening.

Top Bottom