• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions coming to Steam

Pretty cool. I played it on ps3 and enjoyed it. It was some fun. Some of the sections weren't as fun as the others but it was an overall good game. I agree it has been the best spider man game in a while.

Own a physical copy, but will pick this up if/when it ever goes on sale. Wouldn't be surprised to see Spider-man Web of Shadows and X-men Origins Wolverine at some point.

FoneBone

Very fun game - it was always weird to me that there wasn't a digital release in the first place.

Hopefully Web of Shadows follows. I'm not betting on Wolverine due to the movie license.

dreamfall

Are they really starting the price at $30? That's pretty crazy. Though it is Activision, but this game is how many years old?!

One of the best Spider-Man (and superhero in general) games out there. I loved it and would be happy if they re-released it on current-gen.

Corpekata

Banned
Are they really starting the price at $30? That's pretty crazy. Though it is Activision, but this game is how many years old?!

It makes sense given they are charging like what 60 for Deadpool?

And they also put back Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 back onto like Xbox Live for full price.

Braag

I hope they don't pull Deadpool or this from steam before I have a chance to buy them on steam sale :p

J@hranimo

Banned
Wow, awesome! This game was pretty cool. Spider-man Noir >>>>>>

Web of Shadows should be the next one. That one was as close to a "modern" Spider-man 2 we could get.

dlemarc

Cool, I was looking for the physical version of this recently. Hopefully they do this with all the games released last gen. I' love to have Web of Shadows, Wolverine Origins, and the Ultimate Alliance games digitally.

Lot of people looking for Web of Shadows huh. I wasn't too taken with it on the PS3 but I guess it was kinda fun. Had a neat trailer.

Web of Shadows has an insanely Spider-Man combat system and its the best part of the game. Nothing like comboing someone from the ground, to a wall, to the air, to the ground again, all while switching between red and black suit movesets. For every other problem with it, that combat was crazy fitting. It really is a shame it died with that title.

woah, old activision marvel license stuff popping up on steam!? wolverine next please.

tumblr_ll9a1xNttH1qafrh6.gif

Things like this interest me because I want to know who at Activision made this decision. Who is championing their backlog and pushing for PC releases and how are they getting results?

erlim

yes, that talented of a member

In some alternate reality we got Raven software developed wolverine games for years and years like the arkham series. Man there are so many awesome x-men arcs, settings, and villains they could have adapted. Could you imagine if they made a new x-men (Morrison) wolverine game? Or uncanny x-force?

iNvid02

Things like this interest me because I want to know who at Activision made this decision. Who is championing their backlog and pushing for PC releases and how are they getting results?

i'd like to think its some executive who just really likes spider man and has an itch to play it again.

"hey you two put this up on steam asap"

TimmiT

I thought it was a pretty decent game when I played it on PS3, glad to see it being released on Steam. Hopefully X-Men Origins: Wolverine will be put on Steam as well, seeing how there's a PC version of that.

It's an AWFUL port, just fyi.

Unless its been patched since release on PC, just get it on the PS3/360 or hell even Wii if you want to play it. It's a decent game.

Best wishes.

In some alternate reality we got Raven software developed wolverine games for years and years like the arkham series. Man there are so many awesome x-men arcs, settings, and villains they could have adapted. Could you imagine if they made a new x-men (Morrison) wolverine game? Or uncanny x-force?

Yes. Yes I can imagine that. And then I get sad when I realize it won't happen.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I could totally go for an Amazing Spider-Man game done in the style we saw in Shattered Dimensions. All classic silver age villains to, no modern shit.

styl3s

Can you imagine if they brought X-Men Legends 1+2 and Ultimate Alliance 1+2 to Steam? everyone buy this game.

What a pleasant surprise! I've been looking for a way to play Ultimate Spiderman these days, anyone knows if it's available anywhere? Will play this one to scratch that Webhead itch for now.

catabarez

Awesome! I never thought this would happen. This along with Wolverine and Ultimate Spider-Man are some of the only physical PC games I own. I hope Edge of Time gets that PC port too.

dlauv

What was bad about it?

It's not bad at all. I don't know what he's talking about and I certainly wouldn't recommend the Wii version.

There are a couple of sequencing errors in the beginning of the game that make you have to restart, but you lose a net total of 6 minutes if you run into both somehow.

Now re-release some non-mediocre Marvel games like Ultimate Alliance and Ultimate Spider-Man. And port Spider-Man 2 properly so I don't ever have to count on ya'll to make a Spider-Man game with not-crap web-slinging.

I often think about this game and how awesome it was. I need to buy it and play it again.

Remaster, plz. That and Wolverine.

It's not bad at all. I don't know what he's talking about and I certainly wouldn't recommend the Wii version.

While the Wii version is the lowest common denominator in this case (DS version aside), it is worth noting that Shattered Dimensions is one of the few Wii ports that was more or less 1:1 with the HD versions (aside from HD, obviously) instead of being a completely new game developed specifically for the system like practically every other multiplatform game that hit the Wii.

Always thought that was neat.

Top Bottom