• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 |OT| Fresh Squids 2 Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJoRu

Been working just fine for me this Salmon Run, too. I really hate the .96 Gal for some reason, though, I just play terribly with it for some reason. The other ones are fine, the Mini Splatling in particular. Up to 230%.

pringles

What's the highest it goes up to? I've reached 205% but now I've run into rage quitters sooo I'm back down to 175% 😢
I think someone posted that it goes up to over 300%? But that progression slows down or something. Kinda been hovering around 210-220 for a bit now. A lot of 3rd wave wipes.

dafortune

Finally made Professional. It seems to be getting much harder but the players are better too. Cleared my first 5 shifts. I think the weapons are great for this run, sploosh-o-matic destroys shit.

ChrisD

Yup. Dude was sniping everybody on my team. One by one. He still lost. Heh.

That sounds like he got the short end of the stick then, lol.

I don't know why you have a disdain for Snipers in this game. They aren't nearly as polarizing as they were before. You can always get them in these maps.

Two people throwing Rainclouds at the same general area is hilarious. It's just this huge mess.

Also BOOOOO at opening up a 3v4 when I was at 14.0 streak. I just want to Superfresh this thing, jeez.

Edit: winning a game by 0.8% when your team sucked (I topped kills and turf, Aero got like 600 on PumpTrack) doesn't feel nearly as good as it should. They did not deserve that win. That makes me sound like a cocky narcissist, but... Dang, that was annoying.

Mediking

Shella Fresh....

Lol love this game

Gonna keep saying that the main plaza needs to be updated with more explorable areas though.

KJA

Nintendo should've given you the option to switch the game to 720P 60FPS for the hub world. Going from the hub world to the actual game gets a bit jarring after a while.

DrArchon

These salmon run weapons are terrible...

Eh, only the Mini Splatling sucks. 96 gal kills fast and has decent range, I'll take a normal charger over crap like the Goo Tuber or stuff that takes too long to charge like the E-Liters, and the Sploosh is fine as a close range weapon with good DPS.

Really it's the Mini that stands out are particularly bad because the range isn't great, it doesn't kill that much faster than the Sploosh when you take into account the charge time, and it sucks up ink like a motherfucker. Normal Splatling is 50x better for SR.

Mediking

He might have just been practicing since turf war is meaningless. Thats what I did when I got the e liter.

Yeah, true....

That sounds like he got the short end of the stick then, lol.

I don't know why you have a disdain for Snipers in this game. They aren't nearly as polarizing as they were before. You can always get them in these maps.

I don't really hate Snipers... but seeing your whole team get sniped is pretty maddening.

Tiamant

WHY IS THIS STUPID GAME ALLOWING 3V4 MATCHES EVEN TO BEGIN!?

Stupidstupidstupidstupidstupidstupid

Not only you have to wrestle with afks which are a plague but also this? And I can't even go to chill at SR because the weapons suck.

explodet

I'll admit to being part of the problem, one match in Splat Zones I had 4 times as many kills as the rest of my team using the Tri-Slosher.

Don't look at me like that, I had too my cracks on my bar and needed to do something about it!

Leatherface

Nintendo should've given you the option to switch the game to 720P 60FPS for the hub world. Going from the hub world to the actual game gets a bit jarring after a while.

The original was like this at first as well. Nintendo ended up patching the hub world to bring it closer to 60FPS. There is hope? But yeah I agree.

Since my thread was closed

Too repetitive and the weapon choices I don't like at times. Really thought I would be loving this mode but I find it a chore to play.

Too repetitive and the weapon choices I don't like at times. Really thought I would be loving this mode but I find it a chore to play.
Maybe once there's more maps and stuff you'll come around? But if not hey that's fine too... still gonna give you a blob for it.

phanphare

Banned
just played a round of salmon run where you have to shoot spots on the ground to make an ink geyser shoot out with a goldie on top

that was really cool, has that been there since launch?

Ridley327

actually Nintendo patched it to be a stable 30fps, when it launched it was lower than that

Yeah, that thing chuuuuuuuged prior to the patch. It ran like OoT on the N64, which is not a compliment.

just played a round of salmon run where you have to shoot spots on the ground to make an ink geyser shoot out with a goldie on top

that was really cool, has that been there since launch?

Yeah, the geyser wave has been there the whole time. It's a pretty cool wave, though surprisingly easy to lose if your team isn't staying on top of the Goldie's trail of eggs as someone blasts away at him.

I only play Salmon Run enough to get the two super bonuses and then I quit.

I usually split it up. Get 600 points per session. It's fine, but I can't play it nonstop like some folks.

Yeah, true....

I don't really hate Snipers... but seeing your whole team get sniped is pretty maddening.
So... You're only mad at them when they're good :p

This game gives you way more options to get at them than the first did. Sting Ray, Ink Jet, Tenta Missiles, Ink Storm, and Bomb Launcher all force chargers out of position. Ink Armor pretty much forces them to hide. The maps themselves give you quite a few walls to take cover behind, and the good sniping perches tend to be fairly approachable.

Cyanity

Banned
I've found that flanking chargers is pretty easy in ranked mode if your team can be trusted to go for the objective while you're gone. They're so often focused on the center that they forget to check their six, at which point, SPLAT! Try it.

Ogodei

I've found that flanking chargers is pretty easy in ranked mode if your team can be trusted to go for the objective while you're gone. They're so often focused on the center that they forget to check their six, at which point, SPLAT! Try it.

I had the opposite, where a charger was trying to flank me but was never able to pop me before i spotted the sight.

I normally don't squidbag, but i had to when he kept trying it.

How do you report someone from Salmon Run? Didn't see the option on the app.

Tired of getting teamed with people who either stand there idle or just troll by jumping in the water over and over.

How do you report someone from Salmon Run? Didn't see the option on the app.

Tired of getting teamed with people who either stand there idle or just troll by jumping in the water over and over.

I've never reported anyone but I'm sure that I saw someone say that it's done through the app somehow.

whipihguh

Banned
I think I could play Salmon Run indefinitely if they added more bosses and stages. Really enjoy that mode far more than I ever expected to. Not a big fan of this stage, though.

I don't have my switch on me but I think if you can go into the recent players list you should be able to report them there.

Is that different from the "Users You Have Played With" list? Since I could only find an option to block them. Played with someone named "anal queen" with some funky a symbol. Not too amused with that kinda shit.

Nerrel

So is the regular dual squelcher in this game, or are the dualie squelchers all we get this time? I find those guns super inaccurate at long range, to the point where it almost negates the range advantage altogether... Go to the target range and practice on the moving squids; compared to the splattershot pro or regular squelcher, the dualies are totally unreliable at a distance. They won't register hits even when the cursor is right on with the "X" showing. It really sucks because the game doesn't seem to have a good long range option that's also good for inking turf, which is exactly what the dual squelcher in the first game was.

I'll admit to being part of the problem, one match in Splat Zones I had 4 times as many kills as the rest of my team using the Tri-Slosher.

Don't look at me like that, I had too my cracks on my bar and needed to do something about it!

Only Tri-Slosher needs a nerf. The regular one is fine.

The thing that pisses me off about it is that people can hit me with it from ranges that my dualie squelchers will struggle to hit them from. It throws out a wall of ink so wide that it's hard to even see where the attacker is at, it coats the ground so that you can't squid swim away or dodge in any direction, and you're basically left standing helpless until they kill you. It's ridiculously unbalanced.

In the first game sloshers and brushes were really dangerous at close range, but you could still take those attackers out with an automatic gun if you were fast enough. In this game it's basically done and over if a slosher user gets in your face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom