• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 |OT| Fresh Squids 2 Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiseblade

The mini-splatling sucks so fucking much. I try to rescue two people down and I die instead because this weapon can't do shit.

Yeah the weapons are garbage this time. Two charge weapons and you can just forget about it for most teams.
AWE HELL NAW

The Mini Splatling is a great weapon! Good range, near nonexistent charge time with a fast TTK. Just because people don't understand how to use it doesn't make it bad.

AWE HELL NAW

The Mini Splatling is a great weapon! Good range, near nonexistent charge time with a fast TTK. Just because people don't understand how to use it doesn't make it bad.

Can you offer any tips for using it, or maybe link me to a video of some educational high-level play with this gun?

I have never been able to wrap my mind around the Splatlings - and this is coming from a guy who mained the Squiffer for quite a while - so I'm no stranger to weapons that seem a bit odd at first glance!

Every game of ranked there's always one person who just has my number; they kill me at least six or seven times that one game, and they're the only ones who kill me. Naturally, it's either a bucket or roller person.

Edit: There's another one. The roller only killed me five times that game because they won so quickly.

jrDev

Don't think I'll stop using my Roller. Just love that it has 3 ways to paint and attack...
Please don't super jump into a contested splat zone..... gonna pull my hair out.
I've done that and died immediately after landing plenty of times lol...guess I shouldn't :3

Wiseblade

Can you offer any tips for using it, or maybe link me to a video of some educational high-level play with this gun?

I have never been able to wrap my mind around the Splatlings - and this is coming from a guy who mained the Squiffer for quite a while - so I'm no stranger to weapons that seem a bit odd at first glance!
It's a more mobile weapon than many think. It's built to catch short range shooters and rollers from outside their range and shred them before they can react. The splat bombs are an emergency response if someone gets close and help with ink coverage, mitigating the weapon's biggest flaws somewhat.

jnWake

On Splatoon 1 I was good with rollers. Now I suck. What happened ;_;

Instead now I'm good with rapid fire weapons. Dualies are fuuun, especially doing that silly dodge roll on the air.

HeroR

Well this match just happened...

ORAOxAe.jpg

An all Aero team is annoying since even if you kill them a lot, they can easily make a comeback since they can ink so fast. I had an all Aero team comeback in the last 30 seconds to win the game after we had them pinned the entire time.

An all Aero team is annoying since even if you kill them a lot, they can easily make a comeback since they can ink so fast. I had an all Aero team comeback in the last 30 seconds to win the game after we had them pinned the entire time.

It's honestly OP in Turf Wars, and makes Splatfest kind of lame. I play mostly ranked at A+(almost s) and while aerospray is much weaker in ranked, It's clearly extremely good at Turf Wars.

As you said, even if you kill them repeatedly they can make a minimal effort comeback at the last 30 seconds.

I give up. This is what I get for waiting so long to play ranked Tower Control. I can't deal with C rank. I'm not good enough to carry on my own, and my team just dies constantly. Getting really frustrating.

I'm A currently in Rainmaker and just got B+ in Splat Zones. :\ :\ :\ Just bad luck I guess. Plus it's my fault for not being good enough to carry, lol. Not at the super squid level yet.

EDIT: Switched to Tri-Slosher and now i'm on a 5 game win streak. >_>

correojon

I don't mean to brag, but never since I first attained Profeshional status have I ranked down (I have been close 2 or 3 times). I usually always make it to the third wave, but I'm almost never the one in my team with the most golden or orange eggs. In fact a lot of times I'm the one with the fewer golden eggs. What I mean is that if you're deranking often, try changing your strategy. Watch your team, if they're eager to go after golden eggs you can prioritize other things, if they focus on killing Salmonids focus on retrieving the eggs yourself. And always try to provide support as well as to know when you can't do things in your own. Like going through 3 chums to reach a Flyfish means you won't have ink to throw a bomb, so maybe fall back and call a teammate for help instead of pushing through and getting cornered by a Steel Eel that appeared from out of nowhere.
In Turf War I tend to go my own way, but I've found that SR relies on teamwork much more. I'm never the MVP in SR but I'm not having the same experience of shitty teammates a lot of you talk about here (for the most part), so either I'm extremely lucky with my teams or I'm doing something well. I think my main point is that if you're failing often in SR try to play a support role, it seems to be working fine for me.

Again I'm not trying to brag, just to help, if anything I wrote seems the other way please understand that english is not my mother language.

correojon

Yep. I use communication as much as I can
Same here, I also always try to Booyah someone when they bring me back to life, or when we manage to take down a Flyfish by shooting each of our bombs in the different containers, or just when we kill any boss and it's safe...almost in any situation, I love it when people do so I try to be a part of it :)

Nelo Ice

Banned
Ok got an amazing win in rainmaker to go to sleep on. 3 opponents were at the shortcut in mainstage with the rainmaker. I splattered the 2 guards while my teammate took out the rainmaker. I then proceeded to take the rainmaker the full length untouched for the score. Also I was using the dual squelchers.

Branduil

Love to be the charger in a mothership round and be unable to do my job because none of the people with short-range weapons clear the fucking area of small fry.

-shadow-

Salmon Run seems balanced enough today/yesterday, all except for the Sploosh-o-matic. I can't hit a single Steelhead with that thing unless I'm above it. Which with so much low tides as I had yesterday is impossible. They should at least balance the items around every enemy, because this is just worthless.

Cloth with run speed main and run speed brand on splatnet.
Which brand is that?

Love to be the charger in a mothership round and be unable to do my job because none of the people with short-range weapons clear the fucking area of small fry.
I had this yesterday where the sniper was shooting as much as he/she could, but the other two kept shooting the small boxes instead of gathering the eggs. Just me and no one else was collecting them. We lost that round like crazy!

They should use their specials on the ship then, but they probably already used em or wait for wave 3 lol or just use em never wich i sometimes experience also.
Is if bad that I sometimes just don't bother with the specials? Depending on what the round has, some can be absolutely useless.

13ruce

Banned

They should use their specials on the ship then, but they probably already used em or wait for wave 3 lol or just use em never wich i sometimes experience also.

13ruce

Banned
Gold Aviators with main ink saver on Splatnet 2 should i keep the one with better performance in last final 30 secs or buy this one? Wich perk is better?

Koren

Something needs to be done about salmon run 3 v salmons, it's unfair to then loose points when it's impossible
You mean when someone leave? The next waves are far easier, at least, I don't remember loosing a single wave when we're down to 3... But the one where someone disconnect is usually tricky if you don't notice there's one down.

correojon

You mean when someone leave? The next waves are far easier, at least, I don't remember loosing a single wave when we're down to 3... But the one where someone disconnect is usually tricky if you don't notice there's one down.
Yeah I think the game autoadjusts the next waves, even lowering the egg number requirement. But as you say the one where the guy gets disconnected is tricky to survive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom