• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 |OT| Fresh Squids 2 Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisD

Splatoon 2 |OT| Open, the Salmon Run. Stop, having it be closed
"They came in with salmon. With guns. Salmonguns."

Didn't slosh used to have damage fallout if you didn't hit with the main mortar shell?

Yeah. Now it's pretty much a flat damage from everywhere no matter which slosh hits them lol.

Just played a bunch of Turf War with Adam Boyes (of Sony aka how to share PS4 games with your friends and Iron Galaxy fame), was great! Cool of him to invite people (via Twitter).
Oh, that's really cool!

Biske

Fucking hell.

That moment in rainmaker when you are going HAM, FUCKING HAM with the rainmaker.

Wiping guys left and right, repeatedly, only to be asking? WHERE THE FUCK IS MY TEAM HOW AM I BATTLING 2-3 GUYS ALONE over and over and over and over.

I mean god damn. Nobody super jump to me? Not one?

ZeroX03

Banned
I'm still stuck on C- where most people either
A. Think it's Turf War not Rainmaker
B. Think they have to take he Rainmaker back to OUR base

This is hell

What does the freshness rank on your weapon do for you? I thought that it was character based but realized bit when I started from zero with my new weapon.
Freshness is a rough estimate of your win streak for your weapon. When you win, your freshness with the weapon goes up; and when you lose, your freshness with the weapon goes down. When your freshness rating for a weapon reaches certain milestones (5, 10, 15), you get big bonus points.

Biske

I'm still stuck on C- where most people either
A. Think it's Turf War not Rainmaker
B. Think they have to take he Rainmaker back to OUR base

This is hell

I'm right on the cusp of S+ so people generally know what they are doing. But still can end up one a team of dumb fuckologists and tumble back down.

Come on, just one or two more wins, come on.

Complete noob here, how do I add more slots?

I've only got two each but there's a two available.

5F1c.jpg

As long as you have sea snails you can add slots.

What are sea snails and where do I get em?

Is there any other way. I don't understand the ability chunks mechanism ATM.

( I'm doing some research)
I have to reach level 20 first apparently. At level 10 currently.

However, you are not able to do this until you are a higher level, suggested to be level 20. Once you are a high enough level, you will be able to ask Murch to add new ability slots or reroll the abilities to get new ones by selecting the second option on his menu

Now I'm reading even at lvl 20 it's not unlocked and rather its time locked?

You can get sea snails in three ways:

1) Participate in splatfests.
2) 1 snail per level you gain, from level 30 onward.
3) 1 snail per 30 wins, which can be over multiple rotations and doesn't have to be consecutive, once you reach level 50.

ckfy63a

In addition to beating every level with the weapons, do you have to fully level up the Hero mode weapons in the Ammo Knights machine in Hero Mode to unlock the multiplayer versions?

Koren

I've seen worse than loosing after reaching 1 in splat zones... Loosing after reaching 1 *AND* 1 in the second counter, so being twice at 0.5s of winning.

Except I was on the winning team, for once ;) Felt bad for the other team...

And I only discovered now that you can hide/swim in ink when you have the jetpack thingy...

barber

In Turf war, dping 1300 points, 10 kills, and still lose by 10% because your team decides that focusing on waiting for them near their base is better than looking into the map for the other color ugggh

13ruce

Banned
In addition to beating every level with the weapons, do you have to fully level up the Hero mode weapons in the Ammo Knights machine in Hero Mode to unlock the multiplayer versions?

Only levels i hope don't wanna upgrade my weps and make the single player too easy for replay purposes.

tsundoku

What the FUCK is wrong with the servers today
I never disconnect but earlier i was disconnecting in the middle of every match
now there is absolutely no one to play turf war with and only a small incredibly slowly matchmaking group of complete morons in ranked mode. I keep signing up for turf war again and again and again and again and again and again and it just keeps erroring out over and over and over and etc

what the fuck
let me play with some fucking japanese or european players, dont make the matchmaking fucking regional like this

Dyle

S seems to be a rough rank to be stuck in, due to the number of players. I always get a match quickly in S+, but in S I always seem to wait for at least a minute. I wish S+ players below S+5 or so could join like in A/B/C ranks. Luckily it should only take a couple more wins to rank up

So the first episode of the webseries just popped up.

Just a motion comic.
https://youtu.be/CzaS5WJceDY

Ugh, those pantsing jokes are worse than I thought they would be, really didn't need the mental image of Inklings having miniature versions of themselves for genitals like this music video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGRQGm4-A4k

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
is there a trick to spotting the valve with the goldie, or is it just luck? i vaguely remember a loading screen tip or something mentioning it glowed more, but I can never tell.

It amazes me that despite Nintendo's best efforts people still find a way to be toxic (squidbagging). Thankfully I almost never see people do it.

You can report them for unsportsmanlike conduct in the Switch app.

Only Squid bag at the end of a salmon run or if the guy has been targeting you the past 2 minutes before killing them.

That all said, yeah, I squidkid at the end of a Salmon Run and spam "Booyah". It's even funnier when someone starts it, then a downed teammate limps over to the party, someone revives them, and they join in. :)

My brain may just have imploded. Doing great with a team, nail rounds one and two. Round 3 is low tide turrets against the waves of larger ones and bosses.

Three stay back. Three. Three.

Before long the beach is swarming with bosses and I'm left trying to get the golden eggs without dying behind one. Just looking at the timer go down. Like, in what realm does someone not think to get out.

ZeroX03

Banned
???

If you're carrying the rainmaker backwards a warning appears on your screen to tell you not to do it. How the...

I'm playing Salmon Run and my teammates don't know how to kill the bosses. Isn't that tutorial mandatory?

I guess it must be kids or something because the number of clueless people in the game is overwhelming.

e: just had a zero egg run. ha.

Branduil

Immediately after that, we somehow win a griller round. But we lose the game anyway in wave 3, LOL.

I also like how the game thinks a Wave 1 high tide with 3 Fly Fish is fair. Somehow we won that game.

bomblord1

Banned
This is going to sound really weird but after confirming its not just a one off thing I wanted to put this out there and see if it's happening to anyone else.

I have a really hard time focusing my eyes on Splatoon 2. Like when playing the game my eyes will actually go out of focus and I'll lose focus on the screen. I don't know what to attribute it to but I've confirmed it happens basically every time I play the only time it doesn't seem to happen at all is when I'm in inkopolis square. It seems to be at its worst in heavy action areas.

At first I thought it might just be the game dropping the resolution to maintain the FPS as it does and looking blurry but it's not the screen my eyes are actually going out of focus (if I look away focus on something else and look back it seems to fix it) temporarily although I guess it could still be related to the adaptive resolution. For the record this doesn't happen in any other action game I've played (COD, Battlefield 4, etc) and if it makes a difference I do wear glasses

Ridley327

Damn good morning for Salmon Run, with four completions and one wave 3. Steelhead is a bit tricky with the weapon loadout, but the natural elevation of Marooner's Bay can really help against him, as would having a Splatling player that knows they have to be on them as soon as they appear. Getting a flawless mothership wave was nice cherry on top.

I have a really hard time focusing my eyes on Splatoon 2. Like when playing the game my eyes will actually lose focus on the screen. I don't know what to attribute it to but I've confirmed it happens basically every time I play the only time it doesn't seem to happen at all is when I'm in inkopolis square. It seems to be at its worst in heavy action areas.
I'm not sure if it's exactly the same thing but I have much more trouble in this game aiming the reticule over people in-action than any other. It's strange and hard to pinpoint why though.

zenspider

Seas snails are gained from Splatfests.

AFAIK you get ability chunks by "scrubbing gear" with Murch. Haven't used any yet - still scrubbing - but it seems there is an amount you have to have to add the perk you want i.e. Ink Saver Main = 10x chunks. Not sure if it's 10 scrubbed ISMs or 10 in general.

zenspider

The ๖ۜBronx;245975586 said:
I'm not sure if it's exactly the same thing but I have much more trouble in this game aiming the reticule over people in-action than any other. It's strange and hard to pinpoint why though.

The reticle snaps to the ground and certain surfaces. Trying to shoot straight down on high ground is very difficult.

Fucking hell.

That moment in rainmaker when you are going HAM, FUCKING HAM with the rainmaker.

Wiping guys left and right, repeatedly, only to be asking? WHERE THE FUCK IS MY TEAM HOW AM I BATTLING 2-3 GUYS ALONE over and over and over and over.

I mean god damn. Nobody super jump to me? Not one?

They'll super jump when you get splatted so they get splatted as soon as they land putting the whole team back to the spawn, allowing the other team to win by 70%+.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom