• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SPOILER: Spoiler Metal Gear Solid V (TPS) Spoiler Thread (Contains Spoilers, Thanos).

Status
Not open for further replies.

shocky2002

Neo Member
I need my source to confirm just be sure, but I'm pretty sure that Mission 46 is the second ending and there is still one more to be unlocked.

Also:

http://twitter.com/Ken1555/status/636438577258196992

Looks like the stream we're watching is gonna be shut down soon :-(

Also, if someone is feeling ballsy enough, can you tweet my last update post to Ken and see what he says?

I'd do it myself, but I'm pretty sure it would be better coming from someone else ;-)

The fuck?

Italian reviewers said there were 3 endings and the third one was satisfying

Forkball

The fuck?

Italian reviewers said there were 3 endings and the third one was satisfying
Ending one: Normal ending without completing Mission 46.
Ending two: Complete mission 46.
Ending three: ???

Not sure what the last ending could entail since the other two endings reveal everything.

shocky2002

Neo Member
Ending one: Normal ending without completing Mission 46.
Ending two: Complete mission 46.
Ending three: ???

Not sure what the last ending could entail since the other two endings reveal everything.

I remember one Italian dude saying it was 4th wall breaking and "speaks to the player"

other guy said it was a satisfying conclusion to the series

The official guide has confirmed that the red-haired child with the gas-mask is "The Third Child".

As far as I know however, it has not been confirmed that it is actually Psycho Mantis ;-)

Right, that's completely odd. Is there a first and second child? Only thing I can think of would be LET.

Spainkiller

the man who sold the world
I can confirm that the spoilers are real.

So watch out if you don't want to have the story ruined for you and leave this thread.

Xiraiya

Any streams still up? the really long one just ended.

Right, that's completely odd. Is there a first and second child? Only thing I can think of would be LET.
That title for Mantis can't be referring to LET, Solidus was the 3rd Child, even if Mantis was somehow related, he'd be the 4th.
So it's probably another project he was apart of.

That title for Mantis can't be referring to LET, Solidus was the 3rd Child, even if Mantis was somehow related, he'd be the 4th.
So it's probably another project he was apart of.

Yeah, I know hence it being odd. Logical conventions would say if someone had a nickname "The Third Child" it would be Solidus, but this is Metal Gear and nothing is logical.

thabtoUK

who knows?
I can't believe how naive Konami are being about the street date breaks and streams.

At the end of the day, it's Konami's fault for expecting retailers not to break street date when past evidence has shown them otherwise.

This is 2015, video-game distribution and selling has changed.

Rynam

I can't believe how naive Konami are being about the street date breaks and streams.

At the end of the day, it's Konami's fault for expecting retailers not to break street date when past evidence has shown them otherwise.

Honestly, they could've stopped many streams if they had disabled the share functionality untill a day0/day1 patch. Many of the streams used the share function and only a couple used a capture card. :D

itsc4z

Neo Member

Is the 'official' release still supposed to be 1st Sept? Mine has just been despatched today... should be playing it tomorrow.

OjYlav.jpg

SpeedyShoes

Neo Member
Is the 'official' release still supposed to be 1st Sept? Mine has just been despatched today... should be playing it tomorrow.

OjYlav.jpg

When did they take your payment? Mine went out of my account yesterday but I haven't received a despatch notice yet? If it gets delivered before the Bank Holiday weekend... O_O

itsc4z

Neo Member
When did they take your payment? Mine went out of my account yesterday but I haven't received a despatch notice yet? If it gets delivered before the Bank Holiday weekend... O_O

I know, this has got me excited, as far as I'm aware they take the money on despatch and they post out any time between 9am and 5pm I think as the last post is 5:30.

The latest they have posted out to me before was around 1:30pm and I still got it the next day.

Asked in community but figured i'd also ask here.
I have never ordered a game from Amazon before is there any chance of getting it Monday or should I go ahead with Walmart/Gamestop at midnight.

SpeedyShoes

Neo Member
I know, this has got me excited, as far as I'm aware they take the money on despatch and they post out any time between 9am and 5pm I think as the last post is 5:30.

The latest they have posted out to me before was around 1:30pm and I still got it the next day.

YES! Just got mine through. Hype train has left the station.

Question is, do we keep off PSN until Monday? Not likely to get banned are we?

itsc4z

Neo Member

I'm not sure about Playstation but for Xbox, I had Witcher 3, CoD Advanced Warfare and Mortal Kombat days before release and played online and haven't been banned yet..

Jamie OD

My copy from The Games Collection just dispatched 20 minutes ago. The odds of it being delivered to me on Friday are looking very good right now.

Raxious

That 'You get banned for playing before release' is a myth. It never happens.

I should be getting my copy either Friday or Saturday if this store i ordered from keeps it's promise.

Oh-my-god, Kojima, I could throw something at you. Quiet's design in the prologue is goddamn AMAZING. (Her hair cut is cute as heck.) She's such a badass. Why isn't that outfit unlockable?! More importantly, why did we have to have all that photosynthesis = bikini bullshit? She looks amazing. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh

Ishmael throwing random shit at Quiet to keep her at bay was pretty funny - until she catches on fire, then it's horrible.

MAX PAYMENT

Oh-my-god, Kojima, I could throw something at you. Quiet's design in the prologue is goddamn AMAZING. (Her hair cut is cute as heck.) She's such a badass. Why isn't that outfit unlockable?! More importantly, why did we have to have all that photosynthesis = bikini bullshit? She looks amazing. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh

Ishmael throwing random shit at Quiet to keep her at bay was pretty funny - until she catches on fire, then it's horrible.

Kojima has a thing for ruining good characters.

Gurish

I don't want to know anything, I just wanted to ask what you, the guys who read all the plot, thinks about it, is it good? bad? OK?

Tell me if there is something to look forward to, and not just nice cameos, something substantial.

Without spoilers obviously, just a simple yes/no answers, thanks guys.

MAX PAYMENT

I don't want to know anything, I just wanted to ask what you, the guys who read all the plot, thinks about it, is it good? bad? OK?

Tell me if there is something to look forward to, and not just nice cameos, something substantial.

Bad. Like pretty much all the others. It will depend on its execution. Which will probably be bad.... like the others.

It reads like a bad fanfic TBH.

Gurish

Bad. Like pretty much all the others. It will depend on its execution. Which will probably be bad.... like the others.

There are worse entries than the others, MGS4 for example had the worst story line imo.

MGS1 was great, MGS2 had some really bad moments and plot lines, but some awesome moments as well as some thoughtful ideas, MGS3 was pretty straightforward and I found it to be the best overall.

Let's put it this way, would you say MGS5 plot is bad like MGS4 levels or at least it's better than that?

There are worse entries than the others, MGS4 for example had the worst story line imo.

MGS1 was great, MGS2 had some really bad moments and plot lines, but some awesome moments as well as some thoughtful ideas, MGS3 was pretty straightforward and I found it to be the best overall.

Let's put it this way, would you say MGS5 plot is bad like MGS4 levels or at least it's better than that?

It's about the same in terms of bringing things in for the sake of it where it probably didn't need to be. It has one or two nice bits that confuse other bits.

It's pretty typical MGS in that way.

Crypt

Almost every stream I watch is either on the hospital scene (which I'm trying not to watch) or playing a Hero's Way. I've seen this mission like 600 fucking times now. Somebody please play another mission.

The confusing/contradictory bits feel like they're answering questions that no one asked with more questions, if that makes any sense.

MAX PAYMENT

I loved MGS1's story. I think that's why the sequels were so disappointing. Too much flair and nonsensical bullshit.

It seems that 5 is a huge step toward MGS1 in terms of less dialogue and possibly a more straight forward story, with a crazy ending only revealed when you have met certain conditions. So story wise, I can't say it's great, but the story-telling looks to be exactly what I want. Less talking and more doing.

shocky2002

Neo Member
Solid Snake isn't even featured in the story lmao

I mean, I don't even care how bad Konami will fuck it up. Please just give us MG1/2 remake and then screw it up as badly as you want. I just need to see it.

I mean, I don't even care how bad Konami will fuck it up. Please just give us MG1/2 remake and then screw it up as badly as you want. I just need to see it.

A completely straight forward (well as straightforward as can be after the revelations of this game) remake of MG1/2 is really the only direction Konami can take the brand after this. I'd be scared whoever they get to write it will try make it zany and convoluted to "fit in" with the MGS games.

shocky2002

Neo Member
A completely straight forward (well as straightforward as can be after the revelations of this game) remake of MG1/2 is really the only direction Konami can take the brand after this. I'd be scared whoever they get to write it will try make it zany and convoluted to "fit in" with the MGS games.

I've got no hope for the gameplay and the story (it'll be even harder to clean up the mess Kojima made), but they should at least utilize the full power of the Fox Engine by being next gen exclusive, 30fps on consoles, and not open world.

And I don't see Konami going full Pachinko on MGS until they start selling bad. MGSV will sell at least 6-7 mil, and with microtransactions they'll end up making huge profit after all.

Sad thing is after these spoilers seems like a real easy thing to just add to MGSV.
MG1= cutscene+boss fight
MG2= 1 new sparse map reusing many of Afghanistan's assets and couple simple bossfights and cutscenes.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I've got no hope for the gameplay and the story (it'll be even harder to clean up the mess Kojima made), but they should at least utilize the full power of the Fox Engine by being next gen exclusive, 30fps on consoles, and not open world.

And I don't see Konami going full Pachinko on MGS until they start selling bad. MGSV will sell at least 6-7 mil, and with microtransactions they'll end up making huge profit after all.

Fox Engine?

I see Metal Gear followups using Unreal Engine 4.

Or whatever else it is that outsourced Western devs use ;)

News on "F.O.B"

https://www.reddit.com/r/metalgears...n_update_steam_post_repost_first_fob_is_free/

First "base" is free... but to upgrade it you need MB from Daily mission... ( so it might be very limited ? ) and maybe you get them from normal mission? and/or side op ?

Look like a F2P model alot. Still worry, but we will see.

You don't get MB from Story/Side Op missions according to a person with an early copy who was chatting in one of the streams. I asked him specifically about the FOBs and MB currency, and he mentioned that you don't obtain any of the MB during the entire single player (he was apparently on one of the final few missions).

This doesn't surprise me, and it fits with Konami's new focus on the microtransaction driven mobile market. Single player Mother Base looks cool, but the FOBs may end up being some Clash of Clans trash (fun for a couple days until the paywall/timewall becomes insurmountable through normal play). Would be willing to bet that this was all at Konami's request as well, since Kojima had no incentive to lock people out of enjoying the FOB multiplayer.

co1onel

You don't get MB from Story/Side Op missions according to a person with an early copy who was chatting in one of the streams. I asked him specifically about the FOBs and MB currency, and he mentioned that you don't obtain any of the MB during the entire single player (he was apparently on one of the final few missions).

This doesn't surprise me, and it fits with Konami's new focus on the microtransaction driven mobile market. Single player Mother Base looks cool, but the FOBs may end up being some Clash of Clans trash (fun for a couple days until the paywall/timewall becomes insurmountable through normal play). Would be willing to bet that this was all at Konami's request as well, since Kojima had no incentive to lock people out of enjoying the FOB multiplayer.

Fuck. The FOB's look like so much fun, but I don't wanna have to deal with bullshit microtransactions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom