• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SPOILERS Pokemon Sun/Moon Begins to leak on 4Chan

gosox333

watching a stream and
Hala switched out his Hariyama into a Poliwrath to avoid being KO'ed by an incoming flamethrower

Hopefully that bodes well for the AI in the regular story.

So those HMs that are now TMs (e.g. Surf). It seems you obtain them
by doing something with the Hidden Maidens (We were thinking, like, maybe a Multi Battle. ♪ There’d be this big, bad Trainer who is so, so mean to the poor Hidden Maidens... ♪ And we’d be all cute and, like, “Oh no!” ♪). Looks like you have to buy some of them too. I liked this line they came out with "Truth is we’ve got our own hidden sides, yeah? Maybe we’re, like, high key stars, but we’re low key HM makers. No, seriously, we make Hidden Machines.". So, is TM maker basically the factory worker in the Pokemon world?

Some random Pokedex entries (I think Sun and moon are different as there appears to be two sets with different text). Or maybe one is the Pokdex itself and the other what Rotom says:
Set A:
Alolan home cooking involves drying Slowpoke tails and then simmering them into a salty stew.
Whenever Shellder bites down hard on its tail, it gives Slowbro a flash of inspiration...which it forgets a moment later.

Set B:
Its long tail often breaks off. It doesn’t really feel any pain, though, and the tail grows back, so Slowpoke isn’t particularly bothered.
It spaces out while gazing at the sea. With Shellder’s poison flowing through its body, it becomes even spacier.
I'm not sure what to make of that.

Looking through the text and I did find this.

A permit that is needed to enter the Nature Preserve. Not many know about it.

Which could indicate that the Nature Preserve is in the game. At the same time, I'm not sure if the data/text for the permit was left in the Gen VI games as leftovers, which could be the same case here.

I can't find a list with all the items, only the new items so I can't check for sure.

Looking through the text and I did find this.

Which could indicate that the Nature Preserve is in the game. At the same time, I'm not sure if the data/text for the permit was left in the Gen VI games as leftovers, which could be the same case here.

I can't find a list with all the items, only the new items so I can't check for sure.
For a few gens all key items have been carried forward despite being unused. A few lines below that one:
A card key needed to enter the password inside the Plasma Frigate.
OMG Team Plasma in Gen VII...so yeah it's likely to be text from a previous game. Still as the oval charm shows (with its text changed) some do remain in use.

There is also clearly carried over text referring to hordes e.g.:
The [VAR 010E(0000)] Grunts sent out a horde of Poochyena!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Machamp can be registered in PokeWalker, and is rideable

k8syled.png

Mendrox

watching a stream and
Hala switched out his Hariyama into a Poliwrath to avoid being KO'ed by an incoming flamethrower

Hopefully that bodes well for the AI in the regular story.

Can confirm. AI is good enough to wreck your shit. Also some Pokemon are way more buff than their level would indicate. Well saw that on stream so maybe his team sucked.

So Sun gets goodra and garchomp... what exactly does moon get to offset Sun having 2 pseudos as exclusives?

Salamence and Dragonite? I'm not sure if those 2 are it but they're in the game.

Has GameFreak responded in any way to the games leaking? Has Nintendo Ninja anyone?

I was busy in the election thread last night so I took my eyes off this thread.

Edit: Wow, Vikavolt is slower than Grubin.

Busaiku

So does cap Pikachu have different stats or anything, or is it just the Z-Move?
Also, are we the OT, or is it like Ash or something.

Tiamant

Mmm looking at that list there is a new move called Toxic Thread that only the Ariados family learns. Perhaps a toxic-setting hazard?

TM67 Smart Strike is basically a 70BP steel-type Aerial Ace

ryan13ts

A grand total of 2 and they're both legendary signatures.

RIP

Holy shit, is this serious? What's the point of making the fairy type and they're barely going to flesh it out with any moves? There's really no excuse for the lack of new fairy moves this gen.

Yet, they give other types new moves which already have a ton at this point though... That's seriously mind boggling =\

Forkball

Fairy type is largely defensive so having limited offensive moves is no big deal. I do wish they made Moonblast a TM. If any type needs to be buffed, it should be Grass #BuffGrass

I think I already complained about AZ but where is AZ? All the alchemy hints, Zygarde, "it all comes together"... THIS WAS AZ'S TIME TO SHINE. The leaks do definitely seem to hint towards a DPP remake, which is great and everything, but Pokemon is starting to feel like Marvel now where each entry is not focused on wrapping up a complete story and instead teases towards the future. The lack of move tutors once again is there to dangle a carrot for when Space Diamond and Time Pearl hit. Maybe it is more clear in the game, but there seems to still be a ton of questions regarding the story in Sun and Moon.

MAJOR STORY SPOILERS
+We really don't know much at all about Ultra Beasts. They're Pokemon from another dimension... and? Why do they look so strange and resemble characters?
+Lillie and Lusamine go to Kanto... and that's it. They're written off. WHAT HAPPENS IN KANTO?
+What happens to Lusamine's husband in the UB Dimension? Who is her husband? IS IT CYRUS?
+Frankly what's up with the dimensional shit in general? ORAS even had it, but it was explained by Hoopa. But now there's ANOTHER dimensional plot point. Is this going to lead to something or do Game Freak just think wormholes are cool?
+Why are Zygarde cores in Alola? What's the point of Zygarde? Why is he a mech?
+Why is Cosmog so special? Why does it evolve when other UBs don't? Why does it turn into a SUN LION or MOON BAT?

XY had so many things that were left unanswered, and ORAS introduced even more. Sun/Moon doesn't really answer those questions and in facts leaves new ones. It just seems like a never ending thread of teases and half-finished plot points.

Changes the Pokémon’s type to match the Plate or Z-Crystal it holds.
I'd wager multitype got a buff.
I guess Arceus can still use multitype and Z-moves.

Soul Dew might finally be legal for Battle Spot etc:
Yes, Soul Dew... If the Pokémon Latios or Latias holds it, the power of their Psychic- and Dragon-type moves will both go up by 20%.
I'll be laughing my head off if it still a banned hold item though.

As a reminder it used to be +50% SpA+SpD. Though bulbapedia says you could use it in battle tower just the effect was nullified...I'm sure it was on the banned hold items list though.

Also I'm thinking Eviolite might be gone (like how the gems vanished in Gen VI). There is no NPC text about it (that's where the Soul dew stuff came from...you know typical NPC giving a load of items relating to legendaries for no reason*). It could still be a BP shop item though.

*-Thing is a load of other items come from an antique shop making it all the stranger.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Fairy type is largely defensive so having limited offensive moves is no big deal. I do wish they made Moonblast a TM. If any type needs to be buffed, it should be Grass #BuffGrass

I think I already complained about AZ but where is AZ? All the alchemy hints, Zygarde, "it all comes together"... THIS WAS AZ'S TIME TO SHINE. The leaks do definitely seem to hint towards a DPP remake, which is great and everything, but Pokemon is starting to feel like Marvel now where each entry is not focused on wrapping up a complete story and instead teases towards the future. The lack of move tutors once again is there to dangle a carrot for when Space Diamond and Time Pearl hit. Maybe it is more clear in the game, but there seems to still be a ton of questions regarding the story in Sun and Moon.

MAJOR STORY SPOILERS
+We really don't know much at all about Ultra Beasts. They're Pokemon from another dimension... and? Why do they look so strange and resemble characters?
+Lillie and Lusamine go to Kanto... and that's it. They're written off. WHAT HAPPENS IN KANTO?
+What happens to Lusamine's husband in the UB Dimension? Who is her husband? IS IT CYRUS?
+Frankly what's up with the dimensional shit in general? ORAS even had it, but it was explained by Hoopa. But now there's ANOTHER dimensional plot point. Is this going to lead to something or do Game Freak just think wormholes are cool?
+Why is Cosmog so special? Why does it evolve when other UBs don't? Why does it turn into a SUN LION or MOON BAT?

XY had so many things that were left unanswered, and ORAS introduced even more. Sun/Moon doesn't really answer those questions and in facts leaves new ones. It just seems like a never ending thread of teases and half-finished plot points.

And people wonder why I don't advocate that certain point in ORAS's delta episode.

AHHH, I just read some of the stat and movepool adjustments for the older mons. This game is DELIVERING.

Mantine has buffed stats and Roost! It's now very viable.
Lunatone has buffed stats and Power Gem! Finally a decent STAB Rock move.
Swellow has Hurricane and buffed special attack! Specs set along with Boomburst is gonna be a lot of fun.
Flygon has Dragon Dance! The forgotten dragon finally gets some love.
Carvanha learns Psychic Fangs! Mega Sharpedo will appreciate this with its Strong Jaw ability.

This stuff makes me so happy. Quality over quantity. We don't need a gen 5 size dex full of throwaways. Improving older Pokemon is the way forward.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Two questions here.

1) did anyone manage to make full list of all new Pokemon and Aloan pokemon's types?

2) did anyone check out and see if we could breed that legendary Pokemon like Manaphy?

Weebos

Banned
Two questions here.

1) did anyone manage to make full list of all new Pokemon and Aloan pokemon's types?

2) did anyone check out and see if we could breed that legendary Pokemon like Manaphy?

I know some of 2 at least. You cannot breed Solgaleo, Lunaala, or Silvally.

I also know some of 1, but I haven't seen a comprehensive list. If you have specific questions I can answer them.

iFirez

Silly question, how's the intro before the "press start" screen? Is there even one? :p

Not when you first start up the game - its straight in game, no intro/menu's nothing. It drops you straight in. I haven't checked to see what it is like when you reload up the game after you've made a save though - the menu's are really pretty though.

MAJOR STORY SPOILERS

It really sucks too because I expected SM to at least tie up some of the plot points in XY. Gen VI needed a XY2.
Zygarde not having much of a story in either XY or SM really bugs me a lot more than it should. Like, what was the point?

MAJOR STORY SPOILERS

Well there a couple of things that were left unanswerd in XY like you said, but I don't think that necessarily means DP remakes are coming next. It would fit, but you'd think they would throw in one more event mon if that was being planned.

Anyway, there were a noticeable number of references to Ruby/Sapphire in XY, so we'll have to wait until the game officially releases so that any hints for Sinnoh can be found more easily.

Qurupeke

Ce1tVqM.png

My Little Trainer Can't Be This Cute!

And a few more female trainers, but there are some spoilers.
Soul Dew might finally be legal for Battle Spot etc:

I'll be laughing my head off if it still a banned hold item though.

As a reminder it used to be +50% SpA+SpD. Though bulbapedia says you could use it in battle tower just the effect was nullified...I'm sure it was on the banned hold items list though.

Maybe the only nerf I like, if it means Soul Dew won't be banned. Still, that's basically an entirely different item, they should have just decreased the bonus in SpA and SpD instead of changing its use.

Kyzer

Banned
Glad I decided to peek. I thought this gen was gonna be a blowout...so here's to hoping all this time masuda and morimoto have been hard at work on gen 8 for switch

Looks like Sun/Moon will be top tier games but not quite the ridiculous pokepalooza I was expecting. I like a lot of what I see I just expected more...wonderful steps toward the future made though. Seems like they just don't really address fan desires or concerns as much as I was beginning to think

Glad I decided to peek. I thought this gen was gonna be a blowout...so here's to hoping all this time masuda and morimoto have been hard at work on gen 8 for switch

Looks like Sun/Moon will be top tier games but not quite the ridiculous pokepalooza I was expecting. I like a lot of what I see I just expected more
Same but I'm hoping for a SM2 next year with tons more content and story.
Still loving what I'm seeing from SM though.

The ev training alternative better be good and not some stupid tedious minigame like super training. Horde battles made things so much more easier.

The ev training alternative better be good and not some stupid tedious minigame like super training. Horde battles made things so much more easier.
Yeah, super training a Pokemon to get all ev's took like a solid hour. Even more if the balls they shot were super slow. Hordes were godsend

Looks like Sun/Moon will be top tier games but not quite the ridiculous pokepalooza I was expecting. I like a lot of what I see I just expected more...wonderful steps toward the future made though. Seems like they just don't really address fan desires or concerns as much as I was beginning to think

I kind of got the feeling from E3 that Masuda has pretty much moved on from directing and is just going to be a producer from now on like Tajiri.

It would be interesting if they start to move towards 1 game generations with rotating directors.

I kind of got the feeling from E3 that Masuda has pretty much moved on from directing and is just going to be a producer from now on like Tajiri.

It would be interesting if they start to move towards 1 game generations with rotating directors.
Masuda needs the break tbh. XY was probably his lowest point for how incomplete they felt.

UberTag

Two questions here.

This is clearly still missing some unknown detail like the identity of Moon exclusives we remain uncertain about, but I've got every Pokemon in the game broken out by type reflecting all of yesterday's stat/ability changes available right here. Makes it easy to see stat and ability parameters of a certain type all in one place and compare them against one another. (I've noted the existing Smogon tier unless a game balance move of some significance was rolled out yesterday to throw it into flux - i.e. gimped Gale Wings, Gengar without levitate, Drizzle Pelipper, etc.)

Marow

Have any cool key items been found? I remember hearing about something related to the 12h (like switching it), but maybe that wasn't real.

Top Bottom