• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Spoilers] Resident Evil 7 Demo: "There's More, Right?" Edition

DNAbro

I decided to try and push the baby doll that falls into the room with the VHS but once you push it into the room far enough it disappears. Walk back out it reappears at that spot. I would say it might be something but it's probably related to how they load their assets, and nothing important lol. I was going to try and throw it down the hole too.

kogasu

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1SuufA8Gju0

I made a direct recording of the song and sounds from the opening menu screen for analysis purposes lol. Points of interest are whispers at the :22 - about :55 second mark and then the more audible one at 1:14 which is that "kitchen" one but it sounds weird to me....

2SeeKU

From Reddit:

Nosworc said:
On another note I noticed that at the start of the vhs tape the guy asks you something along the lines of is your sound good, might be nothing but maybe you have to adjust your in game sound settings?
With all the sevens found in the game maybe 7-7-7?

Which someone has tried, but l see the clock is stuck at 7:47, could it be that instead?

Spenny

I decided to try and push the baby doll that falls into the room with the VHS but once you push it into the room far enough it disappears. Walk back out it reappears at that spot. I would say it might be something but it's probably related to how they load their assets, and nothing important lol. I was going to try and throw it down the hole too.
This was my theory earlier in the day. Give the girl in the hole her baby back. But, yeah, it glitches every time. The only fun thing you can do with the baby is kick to where it clips through the door in the voodoo room. Maybe someone can try and use it to clip the MC through the door?

OK, i think i'm done for the day, i need some rest. I hope for everyone's sake something is found soon, but secretly i hope not ! don't want to miss it lol.

Good luck.

Kinsei

Banned
I called to him and he will come
She`ll answer him like he is the one
His arms outstretched but when she's done
He'll be torn apart

Lyrics from the trailer.

Is it possible that the "He" is referring to Andre?

What are we missing. its not going to be something crazy like find all ghosts and watch the tape a million times. There is something there that is repeatable that activates something we are missing.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
What you need to do is plug a mic in and play Danzig's 777. Clearly. Loving this tho, brings back P.T memories and watching streams trying to figure it out.

a harpy

I'm not sure what is happening in the video. Is it that the wall kind of looks like it opens up?

Just a goofy glitched texture (the wall on the right, you can see a dark circle that goes away when you shine the light on it). It shows up in other parts of the game, too, from what people are saying.

Spinky

This STILL isn't on the NZ store.

This is absolutely comical, I don't think we're even getting it at this point.

RootCause

Theres a lot of references to 7, yet there's only 6 mannequins, and we need to find one with hands. So we can place the finger. ;_;

Every room in the house has an item, or a scene trigger, except for the voodoo room. Maybe we're missing something in there.

OK, i think i'm done for the day, i need some rest. I hope for everyone's sake something is found soon, but secretly i hope not ! don't want to miss it lol.

Good luck.
Honestly, I want to be around when it gets cracked. So I'm with you. :p

Umm holy fuck the stairs came down on their own after putting the fuse in right away, grabbing the tape, and heading upstairs... scared the shit out of me.

Umm holy fuck the stairs came down on their own after putting the fuse in right away, grabbing the tape, and heading upstairs... scared the shit out of me.

You didn't hit the button? I've not heard of that happening.

This wall thing in the phone room does honestly look pretty intentional. Like its very clearly not there when you're shining the flashlight at it, but just outside the light its view is very solid. Maybe it is just a glitch but its so prominent on this one wall, you can get much more than just the box and the circle to appear too if you play with your positioning.

Kinsei

Banned

Get up there and snoop around ASAP. I haven't heard of the stairs coming down on their own before.

a harpy

You didn't hit the button? I've not heard of that happening.

This wall thing in the phone room does honestly look pretty intentional. Like its very clearly not there when you're shining the flashlight at it, but just outside the light its view its very solid.

It happens everywhere that texture is repeated.

consoul

What are we missing. its not going to be something crazy like find all ghosts and watch the tape a million times. There is something there that is repeatable that activates something we are missing.
I think you're right Miami.

Finding all the ghosts is my goal now.

I mean, you're a cameraman on a spooky haunting show. Capturing ghosts on tape is your objective, right?

I've seen her multiple times in a single tape run. If we can capture her every appearance, that seems likely to trigger something.

Firecrest

So the switch, click like noises, no one thinks that is anything?

See, I heard these too as I walked around the kitchen. Only thing remotely odd are the identical markings on the floor around each side of the table... Then again, I could be cracking up and it's actually nothing.

K8sJICLh.jpg

Also, what about the empty drawer in the kitchen next to the drawer where you find the axe? There has got to be some significance to it.

And the sink, and the piano...maybe the finger? ..and, and... ugh.

hughesta

Banned
how have we found nothing yet I'm getting sad. There HAS to be more to this thing. Gave it a couple runs today and came up empty.

Soulflarz

Banned
they really need to specify if x or y is a glitch or not
it's fine if they don't say if it's a key to solving it but

"keep back to wall to avoid going home and being a family man" REALLY needs to be specified if that was by design

cause if it wasn't it probably locks us out of the true ending

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
they really need to specify if x or y is a glitch or not
it's fine if they don't say if it's a key to solving it but

"keep back to wall to avoid going home and being a family man" REALLY needs to be specified if that was by design

cause if it wasn't it probably locks us out of the true ending

Yeah, that feels like a genuine glitch to me.

If they do an update then you know there wasn't anything else to find which would suck...

Haha yeah. If that was the case, I would hope Capcom would have the heart to say, "Hey, you guys found everything for now. Thanks for playing." Otherwise, it's disrespectful to sit there watching us tear our hair out over this thing.

Played this for a good hour or so today and couldn't figure out what to do like everyone else. I tried kicking the doll to the hidden room and it glitched out once I got it inside the TV room, hacked almost every picture I could with the axe, tried to get all the ghost sightings (but failed) -- like everyone else I can't seem to figure out what to do next. That finger has to have a use, as well as the axe, and I feel like that drawer in the kitchen with nothing in it is odd as well. Man, I hope someone figures something out soon, cause there has to be more.

Top Bottom