• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Spoilers] Resident Evil 7 Demo: "There's More, Right?" Edition

Shocked the solution hasn't been found yet. I would have thought that all would be revealed when I woke up this morning but pretty much no progress has been made other than finding appearances of the ghost.

Verd254

Neo Member
is anyone else a little disappointed the full game wont be anything like this?

It's a bit strong to say it won't be "anything" like the demo. Some things I'm taking away are the atmosphere and puzzles. Things I'm not taking away are the lack of combat, resource management, and scripted deaths.

Catvoca

Banned
Shocked the solution hasn't been found yet. I would have thought that all would be revealed when I woke up this morning but pretty much no progress has been made other than finding appearances of the ghost.

Me too, in fact it's kind of rad that the mystery is still unsolved. Usually some group just cracks this stuff in no time at all, it makes me think the solution must be pretty obscure.

Someone cracked P.T. in hours and they were just a random Twitch streamer. I'm surprised this is taking so long, but maybe on the surface it only appears to be easier then P.T. because its easily "beatable."

Fuck off with that Morse Code shit tho

How do I get the axe?

during the VHS segment look at the ground between the microwave and the wall, then go to the blue cabinet opposite and unlock its drawer. After ending the VHS segment (either by reaching its conclusion, or pressing options and selecting stop video) returning to the blue cabinet you'll find you can open it now, and retrieve the axe inside.

Someone cracked P.T. in hours and they were just a random Twitch streamer. I'm surprised this is taking so long, but maybe on the surface it only appears to be easier then P.T. because its easily "beatable."

Wasn't it solved by mistake though, like the player just happened to produce the correct set of rather complex events then it took everyone a few days to figure out why?

Verd254

Neo Member
How do I get the axe?

During the tape sequence you can find a lockpick between the microwave and fridge on the ground. Use it to open up the locked drawer in the kitchen and open the drawer. Nothing will be in it during the tape sequence but when you come back to the present you can enjoy your axe.

Wasn't it solved by mistake though, like the player just happened to produce the correct set of rather complex events then it took everyone a few days to figure out why?

Something like that - but again this is the same kind of situation, you have thousands of people trying stuff out, eventually someone should have cracked it through luck.

If you have a million people searching for the needle in the haystack, it will be found. A million and one and it will be found faster.

Catvoca

Banned
OP should add how to get the Axe to the OP since people will always be posting asking about it. Might want to add that you can end the video early too since I had no idea you could do that.

Left the menu on press any button and listening to the audio on it I hear whispers then at the end a girl giggles and hear some words I can't quite make out

Spenny

They expected P.T. to take weeks to figure out but that streamer lucked out at finding the solution within an hour and a half. I'm guessing you can't just stumble into the solution on this one. Really cool to be honest.

PT being solved that quickly was an accident though lol

Slaythe

No random streamer solved it.

That girl was given tons of hints from the viewers AND insane luck.

The problem with this demo, is that people beat the game in 5 minutes and called it a day, thinking it was shit and that's it.

Not only that, but the forced scripted sequence of the video tape makes things very painful to redo over and over and over.

So you have much less people trying to figure it out and less people helping one person in particular.

My friend streamed it earlier and had 1200 viewers (despite being a really small streamer), so it's gonna come, just be patient !

Jawmuncher

Just throwing out some ideas here.

In the beginning of the tape the asshole in the suit mentions ADR. ADR is the replacement of original recorded audio with post production audio. There's a pair of headphones on the table upstairs when your in the past. Could this be a clue?

ADR is also known as looping. Maybe you have to keep looping through the vhs tape to affect changes? Maybe if you keep looping the vhs audio at some point changes?

The lady on the phone says don't trust the past, right? The tape is essentially the past. Maybe dialogue or noises are different in the tape from what really happened? Someone who does ADR changed something?

Theories! Theories everywhere!

Yeah I think the VHS tape is the biggest piece

There is a box under the TV where you watch the tape, with writing scribbled out. Can anyone tell what the writing says?

There is a 1 or a 7 on the box as well.

Soulflarz

Banned
PT has a ton of solutions and many of them weren't understood

I'm pretty sure people are still iffy on certain things, it's moreso that PT has so many known ways now that no one cares.

Venom Fox

Banned
Watch the VHS video and look for the lock pick between the fridge and the microwave. You can end the video early in the pause menu if you don't need to finish it.

during the VHS segment look at the ground between the microwave and the wall, then go to the blue cabinet opposite and unlock its drawer. After ending the VHS segment (either by reaching its conclusion, or pressing options and selecting stop video) returning to the blue cabinet you'll find you can open it now, and retrieve the axe inside.

During the tape sequence you can find a lockpick between the microwave and fridge on the ground. Use it to open up the locked drawer in the kitchen and open the drawer. Nothing will be in it during the tape sequence but when you come back to the present you can enjoy your axe.
Thanks guys.

Also, has anyone tried getting the mannequins to the hole?

Edit: Nope it disappears...

Dalek

I wonder if there is any significance to the piano. I always interact with it in the beginning and it closes it. I wonder if you try later on if you can play something on it?

No random streamer solved it.

That girl was given tons of hints from the viewers AND insane luck.

The problem with this demo, is that people beat the game in 5 minutes and called it a day, thinking it was shit and that's it.

Not only that, but the forced scripted sequence of the video tape makes things very painful to redo over and over and over.

So you have much less people trying to figure it out and less people helping one person in particular.

My friend streamed it earlier and had 1200 viewers (despite being a really small streamer), so it's gonna come, just be patient !

No I think its cool nobody has cracked it yet. Like they expected P.T. to be like that for weeks and THEN the humongous announcement, but someone lucked through it.

Mr. Desu

Starting up my own stream, OP edited a bit, will clean up as we find more. No mic for now, but I'll be in chat. Other streamers are also linked in the OP so go check 'em out too!

Strim

Spenny

In all my play throughs, which is like 10, i've only ever noticed the ghost on the stairs.
She appears out the widow by the sink, up the stairs, hanging from the ceiling, in the room with the hanging dolls, and in the crawl space when you turn around to go down the ladder in the hole (FEAR 1 Alma style).

I wonder if there is any significance to the piano. I always interact with it in the beginning and it closes it. I wonder if you try later on if you can play something on it?

I've tried to interact with it at multiple times but doesn't seem to change anything, certainly could trigger something though

Neff

-Where the dude in the T-Shirt is found dead on the pipe, there's something off to the left. The game forces you to pry his body off the pipe, so we can't see what's off to the left. However, looking down it again in the present time it seems there's some light coming from it.

I've been told that this is a shotgun. I don't have any proof, since I've played the demo 20+ times and I'm no further than anyone else is.

You can stop the tape at any time by going into the options. Until anyone knows better, the only reason to watch the tape is to know about the fireplace switch and to unlock the drawer. And look at ghosts too, I guess.

Astral

Is the hillbilly walking by the door after getting the key supposed to happen all the time? I only noticed it once and it was easily the creepiest part of the demo. It made my skin crawl. Then he has to ruin it with his "hur hur welcome to the family, son." Looking for the ghost girl also creeped me out because ghost girls scare the shit out of me. I never saw her though.

Spenny

Is the hillbilly walking by the door after getting the key supposed to happen all the time? I only noticed it once and it was easily the creepiest part of the demo. It made my skin crawl. Then he has to ruin it with his "hur hur welcome to the family, son." Looking for the ghost girl also creeped me out because ghost girls scare the shit out of me. I never saw her though.
It happens every time you get the key.

saher

Banned
Anyone is getting Survivor feels from the helicopter picture?

Image4.jpg

Top Bottom