• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Spoilers] Resident Evil 7 Demo: "There's More, Right?" Edition

valeu

wow. i loved that demo. i haven't been scared playing resident evil since...I don't remember when. they just ratcheted up the horror to 11. i'm just remembering the last resident evil demo i played, for 6, which i didn't care for. re7 just became one of my most anticipated games and the fact that it can be completely played on playstation vr is fantastic

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Been experimenting with running the tape and looking for ghosts

• I don't know if I'm timing it badly, but I cannot reliably repeat a sighting from run-to-run
  • I originally toyed with the idea of getting all 7 sightings in one tape play, but I'm not sure it can be done
  • Spotting a ghost has no apparent effect on the present.... though I wonder if there is anything special about the locations where she is sighted? Of course, one of the spots is outside, so maybe not
  • The headphones(or noise cancellers) really must mean something, but I can't guess what
  • Regarding the German Capcom person who said the axe is needed for a certain situation... I wonder what that situation is?

Persona7

Banned
I tried using three morse code apps on the flashing light and nothing is coming up. I also have no idea what I am doing.

Scotia

Banned
From reddit:

So I was looking around various places to see if anyone's gotten anything so far, and in response to someone's question about where the finger goes, apparently finding all 7 of the ghosts triggers an electrical shortage on the fuse box where you can melt the dummy finger and open the back door with the key it produces? I don't know how true that is though so don't take my word for it.

I just played the teaser for the first time (before consulting this thread), and apparently missed quite a bit in my first run through, including the axe. Either way, I really enjoyed the teaser and thought the atmosphere was perfect, creepy and tense without feeling forced. I genuinely wanted to search and examine every aspect of the house, but at the same time wanted to skip outta there.

Glad to see that people are digging deeper into the teaser and discovering new stuff. I'm going to play it again right now, and try to find some of the stuff that's been mentioned in here, like the ghosts during the VHS parts.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Got a different phone call.
"you have the power to" something "but the outcome maybe not what you expect".

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Could the phone message change depending on x number of ghost sightings perhaps?

Dalek

Seven is a big number in the world/life :p

milk.jpg

Wait, so when you answer the call, the Family Man gets you. But there is a way to make it back down stairs without him getting you, right? So what if you answer the call, make it back down stairs, and watch the tape again? Would it reset the phone, and would it be ringing again?

Got the axe, answered the phone upstairs.
Immediately held my axe up in a defensive position. (L2). Didn't notice before, but you throw off quite the shadow with your axe.
Hugged the walls with my back initially, but then walked downstairs, and popped the tape in again without getting attacked.
Hmm.

Wait, so when you answer the call, the Family Man gets you. But there is a way to make it back down stairs without him getting you, right? So what if you answer the call, make it back down stairs, and watch the tape again? Would it reset the phone, and would it be ringing again?
I tried, and the phone doesn't reset.

Soulflarz

Banned
great minds think alike

One thing I did notice in my one short play through was the locked drawer in the kitchen. Anyone know what's up with that?

Lockpick it (in the vhs by the microwave) to get an axe in present
check first page/reddit link, you'll probably need that to not be confused in here

Rarius

I greatly enjoyed my first playthrough of that. Without knowing much of what you guys have discovered, it definitely reminds me of the backstory of a character from I believe one of the Outbreak games, bear with me because this was over a decade ago.

In one of the titles, there was a man who, upon exposure of the virus, didn't die, instead he slowly sort of rotted away while keeping his consciousness and awareness. Unfortunately it ate away at his psyche and kept hunting people down to infect the same way he was, through a plant like the one in the Umbrella labs. Keep in mind this guy was infected from like, before RE1, and survived until right before the city was destroyed.

The vibes I got from the demo was a possible tiny-scale outbreak that, instead of say being a zombie virus, instead slowly mutated a group of people over almost a generation

Kinsei

Banned
One thing I did notice in my one short play through was the locked drawer in the kitchen. Anyone know what's up with that?

You need to unlock it while playing through the tap. To the right of the microwave is a little nook with a lickpick on the floor.

ethomaz

Banned
Got the axe, answered the phone upstairs.
Immediately held my axe up in a defensive position. (L2). Didn't notice before, but you throw off quite the shadow with your axe.
Hugged the walls with my back initially, but then walked downstairs, and popped the tape in again without getting attacked.
Hmm.
You can use the axe to defense from the familiar???

I've tired a few times, he gets me everytime. I think its possible.

Dalek

Are there any fires in the demo? Celluloid is flammable

At this point, everyone knows celluloid is flammable, but we haven't learned of any method to heat it up.

We should really post a "where we are" in the OP. Regarding the finger and the axe so these common questions could be addressed there and everyone can be on the same page.

Top Bottom