• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am currently deeply infatuated with May'n (May Nakabayashi), I love her voice on the Hidan no Aria OP single. It has a couple of live performance tracks on it which seems pretty unusual to include on anime OP singles. She seems pretty confident about her voice, and it's not hard to hear why.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Unknown Soldier said:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=103676

The fangirls are all cheering for Tohru apparently. The character thread about Toh-pimp at AnimeSuki's HanaIro forum is pretty creepy, I didn't think female anime fans could come while thinking about an anime character. I thought that sort of thing was limited to male otakus only.

Too bad for Min-tsun and Ko-zone (nice shortening of Ko-friendzone there, much easier to type out!). :3
Well... He actually has a personality. Unlike KoZone.

Articalys

Jexhius said:
I would jump on this put people have already done so!
And that's why I followed up with how it was a knee-jerk reaction caused by horrid romance manga!
Anyway I keep forgetting this is a 24 episode show so they have a lot of ground to cover, and things will keep changing a lot, so I might as well go with the flow for now.

trejo

Blader5489 said:
Well that's disappointing. Though tbh, Voices of a Distant Star is the only one of his films I thought was truly great.
Looks like it'll stay that way for the time being.

Dresden

More Infinite Stratos.

The official Twitter account of the IS (Infinite Stratos) anime confirmed on Sunday that an all-new video called IS Encore "Koi ni Kogareru Roku-Jūsō" (A Sextet Yearning for Love) will be released on Blu-ray Disc and DVD on November 25. The announcement was first made at the "IS One-Off Festival" event on Sunday.

More details will be announced on the official website, but the organizers were already taking pre-orders for the release immediately after the festival ended. The Twitter account also announced that the IS One-Off Festival itself will be released on Blu-ray and DVD on October 26. (Pre-orders at the event site for both the IS One-Off Festival and IS Encore releases would include an event art poster with reproduced signatures of Yōko Hikasa, Yukana, Asami Shimoda, Kana Hanazawa, and Marina Inoue.)

At this point I'd bet on a Spring 2012 release for season two.

Dresden said:
More Infinite Stratos.

hkdxB.jpg

Whats the anime equivalent of a magazine rack?

Team Waifu 10:

Well, we can't really blame Toh-pimp for coming a little in his pants when he touches Ohana's sexhair to push it back. I mean, just LOOK at that hair! I love how he gets all confused when he does the classic forehead-to-forehead fever test and then realizes what he's doing and how he's inches from putting his lips on hers. Meanwhile she's completely unaware of what's going on because she has a strawberry in her mouth. I'm not sure why in Japan having a strawberry is some kind of erotic symbol, but what the hell, go with the flow. I still think Toh-pimp should demonstrate to Ko-zone how the real world works. In the real world nice guys finish last, so if Ko-zone really wants the sexhair he'd better get off his ass and do something. Min-tsun might knife Toh-pimp if he actually went through with it, though.

Articalys

Unknown Soldier said:
Team Waifu 10:

Well, we can't really blame Toh-pimp for coming a little in his pants when he touches Ohana's sexhair to push it back. I mean, just LOOK at that hair! I love how he gets all confused when he does the classic forehead-to-forehead fever test and then realizes what he's doing and how he's inches from putting his lips on hers. Meanwhile she's completely unaware of what's going on because she has a strawberry in her mouth. I'm not sure why in Japan having a strawberry is some kind of erotic symbol, but what the hell, go with the flow. I still think Toh-pimp should demonstrate to Ko-zone how the real world works. In the real world nice guys finish last, so if Ko-zone really wants the sexhair he'd better get off his ass and do something. Min-tsun might knife Toh-pimp if he actually went through with it, though.
This is the best I got:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/StrawberryShorthand

Jex

Unknown Soldier said:
Team Waifu 10:
I'm not sure why in Japan having a strawberry is some kind of erotic symbol, but what the hell, go with the flow.
Outside Japan as well.

zeroshiki

flawfuls said:
Didn't he retire or was Bamboo Blade lying to me.

What? He retired?!

Wiki doesn't say anything about retirement but he hasn't been doing much lately. His last work was storyboard(?) for Yugi-Oh ZEXAL Episode 3.

I really liked the little things in Team Waifu 10, like how Nako kept turning the goddamn TV on when she left the room and every time someone else came in they would turn it off, then she would come in and turn it on again. Then later on that little thing paid off when Min-tsun told her straight up to stop turning the goddamn TV on, and Nako explained why she kept doing it.

zeroshiki

The TV thing was great and I totally understood why she did it the first time. I also like having the TV on as background noise when I'm not fully asleep.

Instro

zeroshiki said:
The TV thing was great and I totally understood why she did it the first time. I also like having the TV on as background noise when I'm not fully asleep.

Why you gotta waste electricity like that man?

Dresden said:
3MBXx.jpg

I wonder if the author ever considered how dumb fuck awesome his whole setting is.

I'm pretty sure the author considered many options and determined that the best course of action was to do whatever kept his LNs selling and the money rolling in. He's up to 1.9 million copies sold in Japan already so far even before the anime started airing and it started serialization as a manga, so he's clearly doing something right. DAT YEN.

IS special announced? Great news! I'm looking forward to it as much as anyone here. :)

Pumpkin Scissors 03 - This show is okay, but not great. Still it is good enough to keep watching I guess. In this episode, we see that our heroine's father and older sisters are generically nobility and don't appreciate what she's doing. She reacts by fasting because the poor people are starving while she has always had food. Your dedication is good, but that's not the best approach... she figures that out eventually, but it takes a while. Also, they convince some skeptical towns people (who had been exploited by the military before) to work with them restoring a tunnel.

Street Fighter II V 05-07 - This show... it's mostly boring, but some of it is pretty silly, so much odd subtext... and yeah, in ep. 5 that was the worst-directed movie scene ever, no question. That is not how they make movies. Ep. 7 was the best of these probably, it seemed okay... or maybe it's just that I was paying a bit less attention and it didn't seem as bland? At least now we see that Chun Li can actually fight. Why didn't she earlier, in that fight in the Kowloon Palace when her fighting might have been helpful? Oh well... also, Ryu's closer to learning Hadoken. Still, overall this show is boring.

Strike Witches 04-05 - I can't help it, I still find this show entertaining. It's not that bad really... yeah, they all have no pants or skirts on, and there's a lot of fanservice, but the action is decently good and the story's interesting enough. It's also amusing.

Of course it is messed up too, no question, but it's watchable anyway.

Sailor Moon 12-19 - Amusing, and certainly far better than the dub. The dub is so bad, but the sub is entertaining stuff. Too many episodes gets boring though... watching eight straight episodes is not recommeded. And also, why don't the badguys go to any other city on earth and collect energy there? Why do to the one with the sailor senshi in it? It's pretty stupid. It's a pretty blatant plot hole, really.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
trejo said:
I am mildly optimistic about this new Gundam.
Something about gundam always gets me pumped.. even when i know it's probably going be shit, oh well!

More Infinite Stratos.

So fortunate I'm all caught up to the series, can't wait to watch the OVA!

Dresden

June 4th, 2011

Weekly Oricon DVD & Blu-ray Rankings for May 23 - 29

DVD

*1, 9,574 *9,574 Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica vol.2 Limited Edition
*2, 7,762 *7,762 IS: Infinite Stratos vol.2
*3, 6,697 *6,697 Hetalia World Series vol.6 Limited Edition
*4, 6,123 *6,123 Kuroshitsuji II vol.9 Limited Edition
*5, 4,029 *4,029 Toaru Majutsu no Index II vol.4 Limited Edition
*6, 4,010 *4,010 Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai vol.6 Limited Edition
*7, 3,757 *3,757 Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory DVD Box G-Selection
*8, 3,105 *3,105 Starry☆Sky vol.4 Special Edition
*9, 3,083 *3,083 Bleach Hamen Metsubo Hen vol.4 Limited Edition
10, 2,450 *2,450 Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto vol.5 Limited Edition
11, 2,318 *2,318 Motto To LOVE-Ru vol.6 Limited Edition
12, 1,757 *1,757 Freezing vol.3
13, 1,618 *1,618 Break Blade 5: Shisen no Hate
14, 1,594 *1,594 A-Channel vol.1 Limited Edition
15, 1,586 *1,586 Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru vol.12 Limited Edition
16, 1,440 *1,440 Aura Battler Dunbine DVD Box vol.2
17, 1,397 *1,397 Level E vol.4
18, 1,321 *1,321 Tono to Issho: Gantai no Yabou vol.1
19, 1,305 *1,305 Tegami Bachi Reverse vol.6 Limited Edition
20, 1,295 *1,295 Kämpfer für die Liebe
21, 1,255 *1,255 Sora no Otoshimono: Forte vol.6 Deluxe Edition
23, 1,130 *1,130 Keroro Gunsou 7th Season vol.4
24, 1,110 *1,110 Tiger & Bunny vol.1
25, 1,087 *1,087 Katte ni Kaizou vol.1
26, 1,020 *1,020 Tantei Opera Milky Holmes vol.5
27, *,971 **,971 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? vol.3 Deluxe Edition
29, *,907 **,907 Nintama Rantarou 18th Series vol.1
30, *,884 **,884 Fortune Arterial: Akai Yakusoku vol.6 Limited Edition

Blu-ray

*1, 53,715 *53,715 Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica vol.2 Limited Edition
*2, 22,483 *22,483 IS: Infinite Stratos vol.2
*3, 15,871 *15,871 Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai vol.6 Limited Edition
*4, 14,689 *14,689 Tiger & Bunny vol.1 Limited Edition
*5, 11,227 *11,227 Toaru Majutsu no Index II vol.4 Limited Edition
*6, *7,831 **7,831 Lucky ☆ Star Blu-ray Boxse
*7, *5,436 **5,436 Shinryaku! Ika Musume vol.6
*8, *5,185 **5,185 Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto vol.5 Limited Edition
*9, *4,583 **4,583 Break Blade 5: Shisen no Hate
10, *3,882 **3,882 Tantei Opera Milky Holmes vol.5
11, *3,811 **3,811 A-Channel vol.1 Limited Edition
12, *3,385 **3,385 Freezing vol.3
13, *3,327 **3,327 Motto To LOVE-Ru vol.6 Limited Edition
14, *3,163 **3,163 Katte ni Kaizou vol.1
15, *2,606 **2,606 Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei Blu-ray Box
16, *2,413 **2,413 Sora no Otoshimono: Forte vol.6
17, *2,370 **2,370 Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai vol.5 Limited Edition
18, *2,278 **2,278 Kämpfer für die Liebe
19, *2,201 *62,288 Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica vol.1 Limited Edition
20, *2,016 **2,016 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? vol.3
21, *1,899 **1,899 Gosick vol.2
22, *1,776 **1,776 Yumekui Merry vol.3
23, *1,617 **1,617 Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt vol.6 Special Edition
24, *1,266 **1,266 Fortune Arterial: Akai Yakusoku vol.6
25, *1,191 **1,191 Mitsudomoe Zouryouchuu! vol.3 Limited Edition
26, *1,034 **1,034 Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu vol.8
27, *1,015 **1,015 Hourou Musuko vol.2
28, **,950 ***,950 MM! vol.6
29, **,686 ***,686 Fractale vol.2 Limited Edition
30, **,664 104,798 Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn vol.3

Articalys

Neon Genesis Evangelion 1-5

To be honest, there's probably something lost when I already know so much about the series and its fate through sheer cultural osmosis, but it's still fun to be able to finally watch it all in sequence from the start. In particular I forgot how awesome of a song A Cruel Angel's Thesis is.

Shinji really is a loser, isn't he?

Articalys

Aigis said:
Nope. The other characters just want too much from him.
To be fair, I have seen the bit from 2.0 where
he suddenly becomes a complete godlike badass
, so I guess I mean "loser" in the terms of "not really that heroic". For the time being.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom