• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.
trejo said:
Tiger & Bunny 10

23qxMl.jpg

If you name your kid Serial Killer chances are he won't grow up to be a lawyer, y'know?

And by all means this show shouldn't have turned out this awesome and yet, here we are.

Actually his name is J.G Benjamin, serial killer is what he is wanted/caught for.

Instro

Iroha 10

Show has one of its best episodes the same week that Ano Hana has one of its worst. Team Iroha must be pleased.

Go_Ly_Dow

Has been a bad week for Team Hana. I've noticed the members are keeping a low profile.

They've lost their voice and gone in to hiding!

Jex

Vampire Princess Miyu 13

Wow, you can actually hear the sound of the writers breaking away from the established formula to flesh out the world and characters. Unsurprisingly this makes for one the more interesting episodes in a long time.
Instro said:
Iroha 10

Show has one of its best episodes the same week that Ano Hana has one of its worst. Team Iroha must be pleased.
Not that they'd brag.

trejo

Steins;Gate 9

Akiba
is gone! Feyris you done fucked up now.

Show suddenly took a turn into horror because this is truly the stuff of otaku nightmares.

jman2050

Instro said:
Iroha 10

Meanwhile Team Denpa laughs while sipping tea and launching bottle rockets on the sidelines.

Jex

Azael-San 9

This episode was moe as hell, in the best possible way. The conclusion looks like it should be pretty entertaining.

Jex

GaoGaiGar 29

Damn, this show keeps on ramping up. Somehow this episode even had the best action scene in the whole series and it wasn't even between robots. Who'd have thunk it.

Pizzaaaaaaa!

trejo

Jexhius said:
Azael-San 9

This episode was moe as hell, in the best possible way. The conclusion looks like it should be pretty entertaining.
This show is why everytime someone says Nichijou is the funniest show of the season I feel like guffawing.

7Th

Azazel is easily one of the best shows of the season; it has visual inventiveness and fun animation yet, unlike Nichijou, it never gets dull and it has charisma and attitude yet, unlike Enma-kun, it never gets redundant.

Airan

Nichijou 10 - I'm enjoying these remixes of the ED. I don't really like the original - same old sugar pop stuff, but the acapella and this latest 'elevator/lounge' version is really nice. Hope there's a CD of all the mixes coming out.

As for the actual content of the show - the NASA part really confused me, which I guess was the idea? The Somen part was the weakest imo, girl said "eeeeeh?!" too many times, made it really annoying.

Enron

Banned
Airan said:
Nichijou 10 - I'm enjoying these remixes of the ED. I don't really like the original - same old sugar pop stuff, but the acapella and this latest 'elevator/lounge' version is really nice. Hope there's a CD of all the mixes coming out.

Both of those versions (acapella and bossanova) are on the single, which came out last week or the week before last.

7Th

Branduil said:
Blooming Flowers ABC 10

This crying animation>all of the crying animation in Ano Hana.

Why is Hamdo in the next episode?

Azazel-san episode 6 had the best crying animation of the season:

Articalys

Iroha 10
That was alright, not nearly the lavish piece of storytelling you're all making it out to be, but certainly better than some of the early stuff.
But I swear, the longer they insist on stretching out the romantic misunderstanding idiocy...

Tiger and Bunny 10
Hell yeah! Plot in full swing, great cast, fun to watch overall -- very hard to knock this out of the top spot on my current roster now. It's even one of the two things I bought something for at the artist's alley at Fanime last weekend.

----------------------

If I'm going to try to play catch-up on one of the following shows, which should take priority? [C] or Steins;Gate? Bear in mind that I know the latter is twice as long and will run into next season, and I'm not sure how much I'll be watching from there.

zeroshiki

Articalys said:
Iroha 10
That was alright, not nearly the lavish piece of storytelling you're all making it out to be, but certainly better than some of the early stuff.
But I swear, the longer they insist on stretching out the romantic misunderstanding idiocy...

Wha? Who? Minko?

Because if you're thinking of Ko-Ohana, Ko already confessed in the first episode. While its been following standard anime tropes since, you can't accuse the show of that particular one.

Articalys said:
Iroha 10

... What romantic misunderstanding? Sure, there are people who haven't confessed, but they're either not sure of their own feelings, such as Tohru for Ohana, or Ohana for Ko, or are too shy to do so, such as Minko for Tohru. And, aside from the brief misunderstanding in Episode 5, I haven't seen anyone get the wrong idea about someone else's feelings.

trejo

Articalys said:
If I'm going to try to play catch-up on one of the following shows, which should take priority? [C] or Steins;Gate? Bear in mind that I know the latter is twice as long and will run into next season, and I'm not sure how much I'll be watching from there.
That's a tough call. I have to say I'm enjoying both equally but yeah, I'd probably go with the shorter show first.

Articalys

Well, maybe I'm just looking ahead a bit too much. I'll give it some more time before making another conclusion. So I'll stop using this and just watch the show.
I think I was reading too much KNIM so now any hints at romance cause an involuntary knee-jerk reaction.

kiryogi

Banned
HeartCatch PreCure 20-26: Think we can all agree. The real highlight in this streak was the unveiling and awesomeness that is Sunshine. Not to mention the fights finally take a more serious tone in terms of odds and stakes. Great to see the generals really fighting now. The music really sets the mood too. Again... This is a magical girl show?!

Ano Hana 09
Melodrama thy name is Ano Hana.

Hanasaku Iroha 10
Come one Tohru make a move! I want to see Minchi and Ko-zone crying bitch tears by the end of this.

Hellsing321 said:
Hanasaku Iroha 10
Come one Tohru make a move! I want to see Minchi and Ko-zone crying bitch tears by the end of this.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=103676

The fangirls are all cheering for Tohru apparently. The character thread about Toh-pimp at AnimeSuki's HanaIro forum is pretty creepy, I didn't think female anime fans could come while thinking about an anime character. I thought that sort of thing was limited to male otakus only.

Too bad for Min-tsun and Ko-zone (nice shortening of Ko-friendzone there, much easier to type out!). :3

Articalys

Unknown Soldier said:
The fangirls are all cheering for Tohru apparently. The character thread about Toh-pimp at AnimeSuki's HanaIro forum is pretty creepy, I didn't think female anime fans could come while thinking about an anime character. I thought that sort of thing was limited to male otakus only.

Too bad for Min-tsun and Ko-zone (nice shortening of Ko-friendzone there, much easier to type out!). :3
Seven year age difference? Realistic enough, I guess.
Well, that or everyone just loves Junji Majima's voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom