• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix at Gamescom '15: FFXV headlines main stage, other "reveals" teased

Status
Not open for further replies.
It also had a cel-shaded period of development (using Yuna and Rikku as placeholder characters)

2Tvo1hN.jpg

63aitbx.jpg

hCH0xrg.jpg

Why didn't we get this FF13 instead?!?!

I'd kill for a cel-shaded FF.

Man, a lot more negativity towards XV than there used to be in these threads. I guess the news about Stella and other changes from Nomura's Versus really broke some people

Also I'm 95% sure Tabata saying XV was a completely different game from Versus was a mistranslation.

Well you have to remember initially the plan was to make sequels ( world of the versus epic), so I guess somewhere down the line Tabata and Co. had to change certain stuff to tell one full story and not leave it with a cliffhanger ending.

Why didn't we get this FF13 instead?!?!

I'd kill for a cel-shaded FF.

FFXII production problems bottlenecking things + PS3 devtools hitting + Wada?

Just my guess. :p
I have absolutely nothing to base this on, but I feel like if FFXII was developed and released by 2004 as intended we might have gotten this version of XIII (sans Yuna/Rikku, of course) by 2006, as it had already been in development for a little bit at that point.

Koozek

FFXII production problems bottlenecking things + PS3 devtools hitting + Wada?

Just my guess. :p
I have absolutely nothing to base this on, but I feel like if FFXII was developed and released by 2004 as intended we might have gotten this version of XIII (sans Yuna/Rikku, of course) by 2006, as it had already been in development for a little bit at that point.

FFXIII On PS2 Cost Square Enix A Year-and-a-Half:
"Final Fantasy XIII was originally meant to be a PS2 title, but we had to switch systems due to the arrival of the PS3," says Kitase. "That cost us about one and a half years and was constantly a case of trial and error."

Well you have to remember initially the plan was to make sequels ( world of the versus epic), so I guess somewhere down the line Tabata and Co. had to change certain stuff to tell one full story and not leave it with a cliffhanger ending.

I totally prefer that though. It needs to be that way. I would rather the story to wrap up in one game rather than sequels and then we can move onto XVI and so forth

Koozek

This Guy is doing a Let's Play at Gamescom for FFXV. German Video.

Also, he's a Member here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bhVc2o8iWQ

Huh, Gregson has an account here!? Would be news to me.

Great to see him and Nino doing promo for FFXV, both are legit. Been following Gregor on a nearly daily basis since around '99 when I was 8 and Greg's RPG HeaveN was the first website I visited regularly for my JRPG fix :D

I totally prefer that though. It needs to be that way. I would rather the story to wrap up in one game rather than sequels and then we can move onto XVI and so forth

Honestly, though, I would actually like to see a FFXV-2, if you consider how the best battle-systems were in the direct sequels so far (FFX-2 and LR). Maybe between FFVIIR and FFXVI as a stopgap.
But yeah, the stories should be self-contained.

Apparently the stage demos are... Episode Duscae...

You've got to be kidding me.... They kept alluding to a size-able info update at Gamescon and it's getting the main stage...wtf?

They have to reveal the release date then. Even though fans will be disappointed in only seeing Duscae, if they reveal the release date and display magic use in this game, people will be mostly satisfied. Still, a bummer to not see a different environment. Maybe there will at least be a new trailer that shows other areas.

Ray Down

Banned
You've got to be kidding me.... They kept alluding to a size-able info update ate Gamescon and it's getting the main stage...wtf?

They have to reveal the release date then. Even though fans will be disappointed in only seeing Duscae, if they reveal the release date and display magic use in this game, people will be mostly satisfied. Still, a bummer to not see a different environment. Maybe there will at least be a new trailer that shows other areas.

Probably the rest of the Duscae region outside the demo with more story bits.

Would be good to see how the magic system works, if its normal or like type 0.

Probably the rest of the Duscae region outside the demo.

Would be good to see how the magic system works, if its normal or like type 0.

Or like KH ;P j/k Yeah, I'm pretty sure we'll see the magic system. I feel like I read somewhere that you don't actually consume MP so that would be interesting. If true, there'd have to be some kind of meter that you replenish in other ways like taking/dealing damage or something.

Huh, Gregson has an account here!? Would be news to me.

Great to see him and Nino doing promo for FFXV, both are legit. Been following Gregor on a nearly daily basis since around '99 when I was 8 and Greg's RPG HeaveN was the first website I visited regularly for my JRPG fix :D

. Quote to reveal. Hope it works, lol.

Ray Down

Banned
Or like KH ;P j/k Yeah, I'm pretty sure we'll see the magic system. I feel like I read somewhere that you don't actually consume MP so that would be interesting. If true, there'd have to be some kind of meter that you replenish in other ways like taking/dealing damage or something.

Yeah it might be a separate bar, considering all other actions lice drain sword and such take MP.

Heck we see the car actually drive able this time.

Ray Down

Banned
I have no idea why people think this. At least I can play Episode Duscae. The only thing I've seen of KH3 in the last two years is a single three minute trailer.

That still look unfinished and with a bad UI.

Honestly people who believe that KH3 will come out first just seem delusional.

gosoxtim

I have no idea why people think this. At least I can play Episode Duscae. The only thing I've seen of KH3 in the last two years is a single three minute trailer.
at least we getting new info instead of talking the changes we made and also kingdom hearts 3 already has release date

Hopefully they at least add stuff to Duscae. I mean they have to. But hopefully it won't be the same thing over and over again... It can't just be Duscae for 5 days. I mean that is just crazy. Well I will still watch, really looking forward to the ATR still.

Cause they promised us back in 2013 it would be the same game that we were following, but it's not.

He probably meant it was like an evolution. It's no longer that ps3 game, We have modified the gameplay, graphics, and story to fit next gen.

Your right but even if critics said it was decent, the fact that it would have been made by Nomura would have already won me over (as bad as that sounds), cause I trust what he does with his game. I always felt at ease with Versus XIII marketing like "Yeah this is exactly what I want".

I'm mostly cautious and on edge with XV now and don't exactly feel the same I used to back in the day. Whenever Tabata appeared with news it sounded like it sounded more problems every time. Removing of character switching, automated combat, no warping outside of combat, removal of Stella and so on.

I thought that you could still warp outside of combat, but only to designated warp points rather than anywhere on the map.

Chilikar

I thought that you could still warp outside of combat, but only to designated warp points rather than anywhere on the map.

From what I remember, the only times you can warp were during battle. the designated warp points were rocks that you can escape to during battle.

From what I remember, the only times you can warp were during battle. the designated warp points were rocks that you can escape to during battle.

Oh - I actually didn't play the demo (trying to save myself so I really enjoy the full thing), basing this comment on what I remembered Tabata saying in an ATR.

Whompa02

I'm assuming the combat system will have new improvements/additions? Magic? Maybe a glance at the AI system or some new weapons? Maybe the car being drivable?

Same landscape is fine for gameplay stuff. I'm sure they'll have a trailer showing off other things.

I really don't get the surprises here. People at Gamescom will be able to play Episode Duscae, that's old news... It's even in the OP. What's important to us is the ATR livestream.

Ray Down

Banned
I really don't get the surprises here. People at Gamescom will be able to play Episode Duscae, that's old news... It's even in the OP. What's important to us is the ATR livestream.

Pretty much, thats were all the best info will be.

It will be the kickoff for the year of marketing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom