• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix at Gamescom '15: FFXV headlines main stage, other "reveals" teased

Status
Not open for further replies.

UrbanRats

I wonder where the production is even at, beyond Duscae region.

I got worried when the only other thing they had to show some time back, was a half textureless environment (that cat cam video), like, how far behind are they in asset creation?

chozen

I wonder where the production is even at, beyond Duscae region.

I got worried when the only other thing they had to show some time back, was a half textureless environment (that cat cam video), like, how far behind are they in asset creation?

I thought they said they turned off the textures to not spoil the area they were in.

They might be way behind in asset creation, but the good thing is that this is an area at which you can throw more workers and scale your productivity effectively. Unlike design of game mechanics, narrative, music, etc., a relatively small number of art directors can manage a huge team who are actually creating the assets. Outsourcing to that company in Taipei + 6 months could result in an enormous amount of additional content.

We're probably underestimating how far along elements outside of Duscae actually are.

I agree, I expect to see some kind of teaser trailer with a lot of environmental variety. At this point they have to at least have the "bones" done. This is SquareEnix though, so you never know.

chozen

Oh, ok, i must've missed that.
Wait, why would textures spoil an area? You mean like signs with places' names and this sort of stuff?

That could be one thing, but I'm also pretty sure the train station was inspired by Antwerp Station Belgium but that's all we can really say about that place, really beautiful.

We're probably underestimating how far along elements outside of Duscae actually are.

Same.

They have played their cards super close to their chest other than Duscae, while I expect a good amount of new info at Gamescom I expect the brunt of it to hit during TGS

Pretty worrying that they don't have a new demo to show. This is like a December 2016 game isn't it?

On the other hand, why would they divert resources to make a second playable demo when they've already got a perfectly competent one that not only has been released to a good bit of acclaim, but has already been updated once?

If anything, I'd be worried about their priorities if they were spending time building another demo rather than focusing on finishing the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom