• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix Presents: A short look at fonts for advertising

"Where are my keys"?
"When is dinner?"

b687e0a17d6a6e84eed1e6e941aaf6c843a92895.gif

Philippo

Not listening to Kagari, i'll continue to hope till the harsh truth will hit me in the face like a brick, I BELIEVE!

Video is pretty silly but still gave me a random laugh.

So Kagari and Shinobi are telling us that XV wont be at E3. I really dont believe Square Enix when they tell us it went into full production in late 2011, they've obviously been working on other projects or they would have more to show us, unless the team is just extremely slow.

zeromcd73

So Kagari and Shinobi are telling us that XV wont be at E3. I really dont believe Square Enix when they tell us it went into full production in late 2011, they've obviously been working on other projects or they would have more to show us, unless the team is just extremely slow.

Keep the dream alive... It will be there... :(

Vashetti

Banned
Surely they must show FFXV...

Last year they promised to be more forthcoming with information/footage and all of their major projects are out now.

What are they working on exactly?

KtSlime

There is no way in hell we will see 15 this year, if we are lucky we will see an extra 2 seconds of footage; but the game will not be released at least till the end of 2015, and I even see that as unlikely. There just isn't the install base of consoles to support the release. Even if we're being generous, and the Japanese decide to continue buying PS4s even though it has no games, and no announced games at 10,000 a week, and they were to release the game in December of 2015, that means there will be 1.38 million consoles in Japan, the PS3 by the time FF13 came out had well over 4 million consoles sold; for SE to even get even 2/3rds of what they sold of 13 they will have to wait.

Kagari's right, bring your buckets.

CHC

The epitome of "Please be excited". Oh Square, nice try but it'll take more than fonts to get me thinking about you.

wait wait wait is that drakengard 3 music in the 2nd half?!?! unless i'm mistaken?

SQUARE ACKNOWLEDGING DRAKENGARD 3's EXISTENCE BY USING IT'S
godlike
MUSIC!?

What? Now people are saying it won't be at E3? Just some overly cynical skepticism. I don't think that there is any way that it won't be there in some form. Everything else has came out already, so no longer do they have to hype stuff like LR, Theatrhythm, etc. The only thing they have now to focus on is XV, which as their flagship next gen title AND mainline title can no longer. We aren't dealing with a niche spin off anymore, we are dealing with the next numbered installment.

There is no way in hell we will see 15 this year, if we are lucky we will see an extra 2 seconds of footage; but the game will not be released at least till the end of 2015, and I even see that as unlikely. There just isn't the install base of consoles to support the release. Even if we're being generous, and the Japanese decide to continue buying PS4s even though it has no games, and no announced games at 10,000 a week, and they were to release the game in December of 2015, that means there will be 1.38 million consoles in Japan, the PS3 by the time FF13 came out had well over 4 million consoles sold; for SE to even get even 2/3rds of what they sold of 13 they will have to wait.

Kagari's right, bring your buckets.

Are you claiming that Square Enix is strategically delaying the game until the install base of the PS4 rises? I think you are dramatically overestimating the management of this company.

It's not coming out anytime soon because they have wasted XV's resources on multiple projects outside of XV. If XV is as good as advertised it would be profitable regardless of when it releases.

Asd202

Oh so the same as last year. If I have to guess they will be discussing new Deus EX, Tomb Raider, FFXIV and maybe that 3DS FF rhythm game. Anyway Eidos games will be the SE focus this year. Oh yeah KH 2.5 will also be there kinda forgot about that game :).

If they went full production in 2011 it means they targeted PS3 as PS4 specs were not know to devs before the reveal last year or they target a ghost platform which would be stupid as hell. Anyway when they swiched to next gen what they did in those 2 years is kinda wasted and needs to be done again.

KtSlime

Why would Square Enix burn money like that?
They wouldn't, it's going to be on 3DS, but if it were on console it would not be PS4, as it has no market and is steadily slipping into oblivion faster than the Wii U.

Are you claiming that Square Enix is strategically delaying the game until the install base of the PS4 rises? I think you are dramatically overestimating the management of this company.

It's not coming out anytime soon because they have wasted XV's resources on multiple projects outside of XV. If XV is as good as advertised it would be profitable regardless of when it releases.

It's mostly incompetence, I don't think they have it ready for release, nor do I think it will be ready for release in the next year, I was just further giving evidence that even if they magically had a near finished product they still wouldn't be releasing it, as that would be insane.

What? Now people are saying it won't be at E3? Just some overly cynical skepticism. I don't think that there is any way that it won't be there in some form. Everything else has came out already, so no longer do they have to hype stuff like LR, Theatrhythm, etc. The only thing they have now to focus on is XV, which as their flagship next gen title AND mainline title can no longer. We aren't dealing with a niche spin off anymore, we are dealing with the next numbered installment.
Eidos dude.

Be excited for E3 2015 tho!

FourMyle

DQ 9 looked fine, and even more importantly, played great.

I, too, wish for a 3ds reveal for it even though I have a gaming PC.

Game had awful sprites and horrid 3D model.

It was also incredibly boring due to the shitty story and hilariously easy battles.

Asd202

If I'm not mistaken SE said themsevles that this is the year of FF XIV.

Some Nobody

I hope XV fans have a bucket ready for tears.

lol. Is this from knowledge, conjecture, or just screwing with everyone?

Shinobi has said no such thing. I don't even think he knows much about Japanese titles like that.

The weird thing is....they don't even seem to be developing anymore. There's Bravely Second, Final Fantasy XV, and Kingdom Hearts 3. What else is left?

DJIzana

I hope XV fans have a bucket ready for tears.

I voted on your Mognet forums saying it'd be there but now... after watching that last Duty Commenced, for FFXIV, I wish I could change that vote heh. Seeing their new bag that they're giving away at E3 indicating both sides are FFXIV instead of one side being FFXIV, the other another FF definitely cements things more.

Asd202

on twitter he responded to a fan who said "ff15 or bust" and he said "bust".

Yep here's the link:
https://twitter.com/shinobi602/status/472576594251640832

The weird thing is....they don't even seem to be developing anymore. There's Bravely Second, Final Fantasy XV, and Kingdom Hearts 3. What else is left?

FF XIV updates and expansions. I would be surprised if they didn't expect that making new content for XIV for 3 platforms would be this hard and time consuming. Bravely Second is not even developed in house.

DJIzana

FF XIV updates and expansions. I would be surprised if they didn't expect that making new content for XIV for 3 platforms would be this hard and time consuming. Bravely Second is not even developed in house.

Yep. Silicon Studios is making that one. FFXIV is nice because I really do love that game but man... how the mighty have fallen.

Some Nobody

Yep here's the link:
https://twitter.com/shinobi602/status/472576594251640832

FF XIV updates and expansions. I would besurprised if they didn't expect that making new content for XIV for 3 platforms would be this hard and time consuming. Bravely Second is not even developed in house.

*rolls eyes* LOL. Squenix failing again. I only barely care about XIV, which I guess is more than I can say for other MMOs, but still.

They'll probably save XV for TGS, which is stupid but whatever.

Edit: That said he was probably being a little cynical about it. Didn't they say they were getting ready for E3?

Vashetti

Banned

They're dropping support for the PS3 version after the first expansion, so it'll only be for two platforms then.

The PS3 > PS4 free upgrade is a gesture to get as many people transferred as possible.

The upcoming patch 2.3 is rumoured to have several features that are PS4 and PC exclusive too.

Asd202

Shinobi on Type-0 and XV on E3 again:
https://twitter.com/shinobi602/status/472799553016823808

It's not happening guys.

They're dropping support for the PS3 version after the first expansion, so it'll only be for two platforms then.

The PS3 > PS4 free upgrade is a gesture to get as many people transferred as possible.

The upcoming patch 2.3 is rumoured to have several features that are PS4 and PC exclusive too.

No wonder, making an MMO for PS3 is and was stupid.

Top Bottom