• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix Presents: A short look at fonts for advertising

It's approaching June 2014 and we still don't know whether FFXV will be on show despite their other Japanese side projects have pretty much come out already. What a fucking disgrace it would be if it didn't.

But at least the Eidos side should hopefully deliver.

I get the frustration at "Wow, it's fucking nothing!" but I can't be the only one that enjoys a bit of a company trying to have a sense of humor, can I?

Some Nobody

Eh. Only hurts them in the long run. I think swapping it over from PS3 to PS4, and changing the title to make it a mainline entry were both solid decisions that garnered a lot of interest in the game again. Certainly I was more interested than when they showed gameplay back in 2011.

If they skip out on E3, my interest would probably die out all over again. And probably not just mine.

Annoying_no_gif.gif

just no.

What the hell happened to this gif?

The only thing if intrest I'm expecting them to show are theatrythm and 2.5 release date that probably will be way too far away anyway.

Epcott

What a weird video.

Still can't wait to see what SE had in store for E3. So much potential:

FFXIV expansions
FFXV
KH3 (a little doubtful)
New Deus Ex
TR2 (even more doubtful)
Just Cause 3
Sleepy Dogs 2
More Hitman (meh)
DQ (a Dairy Queen related game because heaven knows they think the US hates Dragon Quest)

Just please, no mobile games (unless its finally Agito, you bastards)

Some Nobody

What a weird video.

FFXIV expansions
FFXV
KH3 (a little doubtful)
New Deus Ex
TR2 (even more doubtful)
Just Cause 3
Sleepy Dogs 2
More Hitman (meh)
DQ (a Dairy Queen related game because heaven knows they think the US hates Dragon Quest)

Hitman confirmed as a no, so you can cross that off. Or replace it with KH 2.5.

SgtCobra

What a weird video.

FFXIV expansions
FFXV
KH3 (a little doubtful)
New Deus Ex
TR2 (even more doubtful)
Just Cause 3
Sleepy Dogs 2
More Hitman (meh)

Your expectations are through the roof.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
All I ask for is a Theatrhythm Curtain Call release date.

Smaller booth this year, they didn't show up at Judges Day and my appointments with them are all predictable: FF14, Theatrhythm, KH2.5.

But they did FF14 last year. I will be disappointed if that is their spotlight once again.

Still hoping they will drop at least one bomb and that they will DO THE RIGHT THING

Final Fantasy XV steam release (hey the possibility is there), that's all I care about.

Hey I can dream. PC versions for most of their upcoming wanted games would be nice.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
But they did FF14 last year. I will be disappointed if that is their spotlight once again.

Still hoping they will drop at least one bomb and that they will DO THE RIGHT THING

Hey I can dream. PC versions for most of their upcoming wanted games would be nice.

They already said this year was the year of FF14. You may have to deal with it.

Another year of false hope, the noctis-brotherhood faces more doom and gloom I try to believe but I can't rise no more.. I feel SE resembles bane torturing a crippled fanbase that resembles Bruce Wayne smh.. I was hoping at the very least a release window and now I gotta wait for TGS for a few extra seconds on a old recycled trailer this is bs.. I'm starting not to believe.. That loving feeling is fading dangerous times are coming

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Is there show that bad? Damn...

They've got a bunch of Western teams that they either own or work with. You know what they are working on:
- Avalanche: Just Cause 3 after they finish Mad Max for Warner Announced
- United Front: Working on Sleeping Dogs 2: This Time Multiplayer Announced
- Eidos Montreal: Working on Deus Ex 4: This Time Multiplayer Announced
- Crystal Dynamics: Working on Tomb Raider 2 and Lara Croft Downloadable Spinoff 2 Announced, I think
- IO Interactive: Working on Hitman 6 Announced
- Square Enix Montreal: Now entirely mobile, IIRC
- Psyonix: Working on Nosgoth, which is an upgraded version of a downgraded version of a Legacy of Kain reboot Announced

Then they have a bunch of Japanese teams that they own. You know what they are working on:
- Final Fantasy XV (not done) Announced
- Kingdom Hearts 3D Announced
- Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX Announced
- Theatrhythm 2 Announced
- Bravely Default 2 Announced
- Continued development on Final Fantasy XIV

I'm sure they have some unannounced Japanese projects, but fewer projects take up more employees than anywhere, and companies are becoming more and more risk adverse. So don't expect that there's 100 awesome megatons being worked on. What Kagari is saying is that you shouldn't expect a bunch of new announcements, and you shouldn't expect that everything that's already announced is going to be there in force with hot new trailers and playables and stuff.

Some Nobody

They've got a bunch of Western teams that they either own or work with. You know what they are working on:
- Avalanche: Just Cause 3 after they finish Mad Max for Warner Announced
- United Front: Working on Sleeping Dogs 2: This Time Multiplayer Announced
- Eidos Montreal: Working on Deus Ex 4: This Time Multiplayer Announced
- Crystal Dynamics: Working on Tomb Raider 2 and Lara Croft Downloadable Spinoff 2 Announced, I think
- IO Interactive: Working on Hitman 6 Announced
- Square Enix Montreal: Now entirely mobile, IIRC
- Psyonix: Working on Nosgoth, which is an upgraded version of a downgraded version of a Legacy of Kain reboot Announced

Then they have a bunch of Japanese teams that they own. You know what they are working on:
- Final Fantasy XV (not done) Announced
- Kingdom Hearts 3D Announced
- Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX Announced
- Theatrhythm 2 Announced
- Bravely Default 2 Announced
- Continued development on Final Fantasy XIV

I'm sure they have some unannounced Japanese projects, but fewer projects take up more employees than anywhere, and companies are becoming more and more risk adverse. So don't expect that there's 100 awesome megatons being worked on. What Kagari is saying is that you shouldn't expect a bunch of new announcements, and you shouldn't expect that everything that's already announced is going to be there in force with hot new trailers and playables and stuff.

Avalance has a separate time that does Just Cause 3. Tomb Raider 2's existence is known, but not "announced". Hitman confirmed as a no-show.

Only thing I was really "expecting" from Square-Enix was: Triad Wars, Final Fantasy XV, and Just Cause 3. The rest would probably be put off for later reveals, I thought.

theofficefan99

Oh, come on, guys. I know it's Square Enix, but I don't think they're that dense. FFXV is their biggest project, period. And it showed up at last year's E3. It would make literally zero sense for them to show up at E3 with no/little new footage for FFXV. Yeah, this might be the "year of FFXIV" and FFXV isn't releasing this fiscal year (aka until March 2015)... but so what? How does that mean it won't show up at this year's E3 with a new trailer or something?

Yeah, SE has surprised us in bad ways many times before, but I honestly think a lot of you are just being unnecessarily pessimistic. Even when FFXII kept being delayed, they'd keep showing new trailers for it at every E3. FFXIII, IIRC, was there for E3 2006, 2008, and 2009.

I just quite frankly do not see why in the world people expect the game to not show up or for it to not have a significant presence.

Also, unless they say "FFXV will not be making an appearance at this year's E3," it's a pretty safe bet that it'll show up.

And let's not forget the Thailand event, where Hashimoto said "not only in June" in regard to FFXV showing up.

http://www.mognetcentral.com/thread...to-from-thailand-comicon-2014.1886/#post-8319

theofficefan99

Because Kagari and Shinobi told us it isn't showing up, that's basically confirmation when they are both so confident about it.

...so what? Kagari has been wrong numerous times in the past, proving that her connections aren't very reliable at all, and since when has Shinobi been known to have strong insider info on SE's Japan department? Not trying to be rude or anything, they are highly respectable people and I visit Kagari's Novacrystallis website daily, but come on. Doesn't really mean much.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
...so what? Kagari has been wrong numerous times in the past, proving that her connections aren't very reliable at all, and since when has Shinobi been known to have strong insider info on SE's Japan department? Not trying to be rude or anything, they are highly respectable people and I visit Kagari's Novacrystallis website daily, but come on. Doesn't really mean much.

Let's put it this way: last year I knew many months before E3 that the game would be renamed and show up there. This year, the silence is deafening.

Foffy

Banned
It's approaching June 2014 and we still don't know whether FFXV will be on show despite their other Japanese side projects have pretty much come out already. What a fucking disgrace it would be if it didn't.

But at least the Eidos side should hopefully deliver.

Hitman 6 will not be at E3. So there's already quite a number of projects that might be skipping E3.

The incompetence at Square-Enix is almost hilariously baffling to see.

theofficefan99

Let's put it this way: last year I knew many months before E3 that the game would be renamed and show up there. This year, the silence is deafening.

Yeah, but that's a megaton, isn't it? Plus, it was pretty obvious at that point that it'd happen... I myself speculated months before that it'll show up as FFXV with ROEN's leak and all. This is different. The game has been announced, it's been in development, etc. etc. Not trying to call you out or anything and I apologize if I seem rude in any way, but I can tell from the way you're typing that you're not 100% sure yourself and you're just speculating so we're on the same boat in that sense. Plus, knowing SE's behavior towards this game, unless they say "it's not showing up at E3," it's a good sign that it actually will show up.

I just personally think that it'd be absolutely nonsensical for FFXV to not show up and I, quite frankly, don't think that'll happen. But of course, you may be right, and I may be wrong. Only 9 days to go.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Yeah, but that's a megaton, isn't it? Plus, it was pretty obvious at that point that it'd happen... I myself speculated months before that it'll show up as FFXV with ROEN's leak and all. This is different. The game has been announced, it's been in development, etc. etc. Not trying to call you out or anything and I apologize if I seem rude in any way, but I can tell from the way you're typing that you're not 100% sure yourself and you're just speculating so we're on the same boat in that sense. Plus, knowing SE's behavior towards this game, unless they say "it's not showing up at E3," it's a good sign that it actually will show up.

I just personally think that it'd be absolutely nonsensical for FFXV to not show up and I, quite frankly, don't think that'll happen. But of course, you may be right, and I may be wrong. Only 9 days to go.

It's not showing up. You can ask anyone who's going to E3 that have appointments with companies.

Did anyone expect Kingdom Hearts to show last year?

I mean outside of just wishful thinking?

People legitimately believing KH3 showing up last year prior to E3 are insane.

theofficefan99

It's not showing up. You can ask anyone who's going to E3 that have appointments with companies.

Can I see some sources/absolute proof that it won't be there in any way, shape, or form? Again, not trying to be rude, but until I see 100% proof from a very reliable source that FFXV will not show up at E3, I'll just chalk it up as paranoia/pessimism.

theofficefan99

Hitman 6 will not be at E3. So there's already quite a number of projects that might be skipping E3.

The incompetence at Square-Enix is almost hilariously baffling to see.

See, this is what I mean. SE typically announces what won't show up, such as Hitman and Versus XIII. They haven't said anything of the sort for XV, and with the Thailand conference ("not just in June"), development "going smoothly," and it being a "very high priority within the company" and whatnot, it looks like it should show up.

I mean, why wouldn't it? It's their biggest current-gen game, it's a mainline FF title, and it was at last year's E3. Would make literally zero sense for it to not show up with new footage/a new trailer.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Can I see some sources/absolute proof that it won't be there in any way, shape, or form? Again, not trying to be rude, but until I see 100% proof from a very reliable source that FFXV will not show up at E3, I'll just chalk it up as paranoia/pessimism.

You're asking for proof where I can't physically give it to you. Also, you have people on here going to E3 who have insider information telling you that it's not there. You're asking for proof when it's already given but just because you refuse to believe it you're asking for other type of proof. How legitimately dumb is this direction that we're going into?

Top Bottom