• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix raises FY14 forecast due to FFXIV, DQM:SL, Thief, FFX, and TR

Didn't the whole teams worked for the next-gen versions?

They always just said "Three studios worked on Definitive Edition", never mentioned an actual amount of people involved. For all we know, it could have been five developers from three studios doing the work and thereby validating their statement.

I doubt three 75+ studios worked on an already finished game. At best, they were doing a lot of the groundwork for the sequel alongside doing the Definitive Edition.

I would probably put Tomb Raider 2 at Fall 2015, with a Guardian of Light sequel for Summer 2015.

Well then what would you think they have in store for this year? Sleeping Dogs? Just Cause? Deus Ex? Each one of these seems plausible.

I doubt Just Cause 3 is this year, same with Deus Ex. Triad Wars (Sleeping Dogs 2) will probably be their big game this year.

But I'm confident in we'll see all of the above this year, but probably not all of them at E3.

AmanoBuff

Glad to see both FFXIV and X/X-2 there. I think it's pretty safe to say FFX/X-2 must have crossed 1M global sales by now.

Now SQEX, you better be working on FFXII HD Vita/PS3/PS4 already.

And bring over Type-0 while you are it.

Lol at no LR. Well deserved.

Aru

No Lighning Returns mention makes me sad :(
But the good news is Square Enix is doing okay.

They make most of my favorite games.

KiteGr

The Final Fantasy XIII series has gone progresivelly better with the sequels, but the damage had already been done to the brand...

Seiya was an average boy with an average life, but one evening's meteorite crash will change his life forever. Haunted by nightmares of his extended family dying, he initially shrugs the real life deaths of his uncle and grad mother as a cruel coincidence. But the dreams become more vivid in detail as Seiya quickly realizes that he must explore his subconscious to save his family.

Welcome to Final Famtasy.

Soon to be a best-selling Japanese light-novel series.

Oh THIS guy gets it.

Alt - Final Family - A family of cannibals roams the wasteland of Japan believing themselves to be the last humans alive... with hilarious and sexy consequences

so the rerelease of FFX/FFX-2 sold more than lighting returns ?

Whoa

The devs must feel bad.

You mean 1 dev, and it is this guy

220px-motomu_toriyamawbe7p.jpg

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
No Lightning Returns...

uCTfew2.gif

IvorB

From my perspective:

FF XIV doing well = f**king great!
FF X doing well = great (hope FF XII will follow)
DQ & Thief doing well = ambivilent (heard Thief was bad though)
Tomb Raider doing well = f**king horrible (I cannot even begin to describe how burnt I feel having contributed to its success)

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Wait. They raised their forecast? LOL? What the fuck? Did they write off 2014's forecast so much that they actually had the chance to raise it? Wow. Fucking stupid.

I want FF12 HD please :D

And final fantasy 7 hd :) same game just redo the backdrops and upgrade the models (think Halo CE ANI)

would be damn fine :)

Duxxy3

The eidos games are selling consistently well, as long as you disregard ridiculous expectations.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I'm glad the FF13 series sold like shit & FF14 is bringing in lots of money for them. Quality products bring quality returns!

Wait. They raised their forecast? LOL? What the fuck? Did they write off 2014's forecast so much that they actually had the chance to raise it? Wow. Fucking stupid.

soooo you should probably take an econ course

Vitanimus

From my perspective:

FF XIV doing well = f**king great!
FF X doing well = great (hope FF XII will follow)
DQ & Thief doing well = ambivilent (heard Thief was bad though)
Tomb Raider doing well = f**king horrible (I cannot even begin to describe how burnt I feel having contributed to its success)

Why? It doing well in sales means Crystal Dynamics gets another shot at fixing any problems you had with the game.

Eidos was a very smart purchase by SE.

I still remember the thread about it. Crowfeast when you look back to it today.
'' You reinforce your position in the west by not treating the customers over there like second class citizens. Not by buying out shitty publishers and their washed up IP's.

''Seems to me S-E is really bad at managing money. ''

''Eidos is a waste of time and money.''

Post what? It probably met expectations and that's it. Lets wait for the actual report.
Why wasn't Bravely Default mentioned either when it clearly performed well?

Because BD was published by Nintendo. Everything else on the list is self published by SE

SE is my favorite MMO developer, bar none. Even if 1.0 was a disaster they did an incredible job with ARR and it's going to be fine from here on out. I don't play it anymore, but whenever there's a big patch I always have the itch to come back.

Same with FFXI. Fuck I almost resubbed yesterday.

Fuck, knowing how incredibly dense SE is we're going to get a FFX-3 instead of FFXII HD and, given how that radio play in FFXHD went, there's no way it's anything less than garbage.

BadWolf

Glad to see them doing well, can't wait for FFXV.

Fuck, knowing how incredible dense SE is we're going to get a FFX-3 instead of FFXII HD and, given how that radio play in FFXHD went, there's no way it's anything less than garbage.

FFX-3 would be a new game = a lot of work and effort

This is SE we're talking about, you have nothing to worry about.

Mr. RHC

Good, Final Fantasy XIV: ARR and Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD are amazing games!

Very much looking forward to seeing what Square Enix has in store!

Toth

If anything, FFXIV:ARR and FFX/X-2 HD doing better than expected should at least be a sign that FF continues to be a healthy/stable franchise posed to further explode whenever FFXV finally comes out.

Mr. RHC

If anything, FFXIV:ARR and FFX/X-2 HD doing better than expected should at least be a sign that FF continues to be a healthy/stable franchise posed to further explode whenever FFXV finally comes out.

Indeed, the nay and "Final Fantasy is dead" sayers will be put in their place when Final Fantasy XV becomes the best selling entry after FF VII.

Eventually.

Top Bottom