• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Ocean 5: Integrity and Faithlessness announced (PS3/PS4, tri-Ace)

batbeg

I've never even played a Star Ocean game but tri-Ace is too fucking good to be relegated to mobile shit. We need them to keep getting contracted for big console quality titles so I will be buying this fucking twice. I'm so excited. For a franchise I've never even played.

WHERE THE FUCK IS VALKYRIE PROFILE 3?!

I always loved the name of this series. Star Ocean.

Never played on PS1. Was very close to buy SO 3 many times on PS2. I avoided SO4 because it looked and sounded horrible.

I want to play a game half as good as it's name now.

Star Ocean

Holy shit..

Megaton.

please dont have shit characters like this
tumblr_lyuop3U8eU1roosf9o1_500.gif

please please please.

She'll be back. All grown up.
KAY!

Tizoc

Well it's not a late April Fool's joke, but I am bummed that it will be cliche and generic anime trope heavy.
Hope the gameplay will deliver though!

What!? Wait there no way the ps3 version will make it to the west =(

Fuck, I think I got my 3rd game in my 3 games to buy a console rule. Good job SE, ps4 here I come.

Tratorn

I'd have prefered PS4/One, but I'm still really happy that SO is finally coming back - and not on mobile or handhelds.

Holy crap.

I literally just said to one of my work colleagues that I feel like playing a Star Ocean game, then we got into a big debate about how bad Star Ocean 3 is.

And then this happens.

Amazing!

jman2050

Please be better than 4 Please be better than 4 Please be better than 4 Please be better than 4 Please be better than 4 Please be...

Wow, unexpected announcement. Hopefully it's better than the previous one.

Why? It's also on PS3.

I'd be surprised if SE bothered to release it on PS3 in the West. Fine for Japan where PS3 games still sell but niche RPGs in the West on PS3 in 2016? Not a chance.

Zetta

What a great news to wake up to. Thank god this wasn't announced as a mobile title. This game is already paid for just needs to be released.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Didn't think we'd actually get a new Star Ocean. Looking forward to this. I wonder if this isn't even that far off. A cross-gen game released in 2017 would be a bit much.

gtj1092

Wow, unexpected announcement. Hopefully it's better than the previous one.

Why? It's also on PS3.

Nice way to look out for him bro ;-)

Last Star Ocean I played was part 3. Will definitely get this. Could SE actually be back on the right track. Out side of the FF7 Ps4 troll they have been on it.

aravuus

Surprised this is a home console title, but I'll gladly take it. I'm probably one of the few that enjoyed Star Ocean 4's gameplay, but hire a new writer, character designer, cutscene director and localisation team, KAY?

Exactly my thoughts lol. Everything that wasn't gameplay was terrible about SO4. Well, the bullet-sponge bosses were stupid too, but they didn't make me want to rip my ears off like the characters, dialogue, voice acting and story did.

I sound so negative yet I'm still super excited for SO5 lol. Think I'm gonna replay SO2 someday soon.

e: fuck cross-gen though. fuck it so hard.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
SE loves the PS4 - really great to see JRPGs on home console again.

Top Bottom