• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Ocean 5: Integrity and Faithlessness announced (PS3/PS4, tri-Ace)

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I'd rather Tri Ace do a Valkyrie Profile... but fuck it, more JRPG for PS4 is never a bad thing.

Too bad about the PS3 version though............. meaning it will be not as technically advanced as a version specifically for PS4 only.......

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
I guess Japan isn't letting go of crossgen anytime soon.

Still... it's good to know a big publisher in Japan still believes home console are something.

I wonder for what visual style they're go for btw. Knowing they probably need the West to buy this, I bet something less anime than before and closer to that tech demo of years ago.

batbeg

Forget new engine, its crossgen game :-/

The tech demo they created was never indicated to be for a "next-gen" console by the way guys. I mean, I obviously doubt they could get that kind of fidelity out of a PS3 but in their prime with a budget tri-Ace can do some killer work so I feel safe guaranteeing this will be a damn good looking title. I just hope it is stylistically close to the tech demo as the art direction was unreal.

Woah... legit didn't see that coming. Definitely picking this up.

Hell, this may even be the announcement that finally convinces me to buy a PS4.

ash_ag

But tri-Ace is a mobile developer
But Square Enix countdowns are mobile/social/OSTs.
But Square Enix is not ambitious.

Lain

Holy shit..

Megaton.

please dont have shit characters like this
tumblr_lyuop3U8eU1roosf9o1_500.gif

please please please.

They'll have them and you'll like it, 'Kay?

Guess their next-gen engine that they started building after SO4 won't go to waste. It'd be a shame if the ps3 version is gonna hold them back.

NCloudTriAce09.jpg

Doesn't look that different from Mass Effect 3 on PS3, which I am currently playing:

227199-mass_effect_3_multiplayer.jpeg

Small pic but you get the idea. I would not be worried about PS3 holding it back. It probably was never meant to look extremely next-gen.

Philippo

Totally unexpected.
Between this, FFXV, KHIII, Dissidia reboot and who knows what next, SE is actually delivering in terms of console games.

Will buy this, always wanted to play one but the mixed impressions on 4 held me back.

duckroll

Im not even concerned that it may be meh like SO4, Im just glad its coming. Finally.

Must be great for publishers to be so easily rewarded by lowered expectations. I guess this is also how Ubisoft keeps making billions. "I don't care if it's crap, I'm just glad they're making more Assassin's Creed!" :D

LesPaul

That is great news. But I do not get why there has to be a PS3 version. Can't we just let the old gen die? Off course it is great for those who did not upgrade yet but if they still develop for old hardware the progression for the new one is significantly slower.

SgtCobra

Wow, unexpected announcement. Hopefully it's better than the previous one.

Why? It's also on PS3.
Agreed, and PS3 only owners should consider themselves lucky if this game ever gets a western PS3 release in 2016/2017

I guess Japan isn't letting go of crossgen anytime soon.
Yep, if it wasn't for the western PS4 sales this game would've had bigger chances of being a PS3 exclusive.

Gidim

Banned
Interesting, didn't expect this announcement. I'll have to wait and see actual game play before I get excited. I know people love tri-ace, I think their hit and miss personally.

Percy

Banned
Cross gen sucks (Especially seeing as the PS3 version probably won't see release outside Japan), but at least it's a proper game and not some mobile trash like we all expected. Unless something goes very wrong I'm probably in for day one on this.

This is a day for unbelievable news isn't it?
first bungie decide not to put a raid in the new expansion (Raids being the only reason people play), which is just so unbelievable you'd think its April first

Now Square Enix who have systematically ruined every franchise they have, and seemed to have abandoned Star Ocean.......are making Star ocean 5?

have i woke up in opposite land?

Qvoth

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT
so that secret site is actually star ocean 5 for console?
damn i can't believe i'm so wrong

Top Bottom