• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront 2 Sony Ad Leak

Selddon

Banned
I might play just for the campaign but I hope DICE really learns about what made the first one suck so hard (and it wasn't an exclusion of the clone wars era)

Expectation:

Reality:
savageyodagjscl.gif

huehue i kid.

Oh boy I hope you can cut Maul in half in this, unique hero death animation would be great. Kenobi disappearing, Grievous' guts exploding etc... I would love it

Well obviously but Stormtroopers rarely ever show their personalites outside some few moments. Otherwise they exist to literally be jobbers for the characters.

In the new canon at least, there is no Stormtrooper that has as much personality or depth as Rex, Wolffe, Gregor, Fives and so on.

It's telling that the Clone, who were literally born in tubes, are more human than the actual normal humans.
That's exactly why the Clones were allowed and en our age to somewhat customize their armor. Also factor in the Republic being in control and the democracy there that had no problems with diversity and then look at the intently sterile tone of the empire

A total shot in the dark here but...could this be Poe Dameron's mother? She was a rebel solider who famously participated in the Battle of Endor.

star-wars-shattered-empire-poe-damerons-parents-150733.jpg
The character there is in a tie outfit and other tie pilots behind them

A total shot in the dark here but...could this be Poe Dameron's mother? She was a rebel solider who famously participated in the Battle of Endor.

star-wars-shattered-empire-poe-damerons-parents-150733.jpg
The woman in the trailer is a TIE Fighter pilot.

I wonder how they'll handle customization with droids and clones? In the 2015 game you could pick from dozens of combinations of races, ages, and sex (along with a few aliens) for what ended up being the most inclusive multiplayer shooter ever. Hopefully they don't tone that down for the OT and ST in the game.

That would be unbelievably cool, but the trailer makes it look like she's Imperial.

EDIT: THAT SCAR THO

O_O

Edit again: No wait never mind, that's more strands of hair above the BFII protag's right (viewer's left) eye.

Boem

I wonder how they'll handle customization with droids and clones? In the 2015 game you could pick from dozens of combinations of races, ages, and sex (along with a few aliens) for what ended up being the most inclusive multiplayer shooter ever. Hopefully they don't tone that down for the OT and ST in the game.

Well when it comes to faces clones obviously all look alike, although they can have different scars and haircuts. They also decorate their helmets sometimes, as seen in the tv show.

Same with droids, if they're playable. Happens less often but there have been droids with different decorations (both things like stripes to indicate rank and war paint-like decorations). Race and sex is not a thing here either obviously.

They could do a couple of things.

Kalentan

Clones and Droids will probably get different color schemes and helmets.

Hopefully we can mix and match. Like if I want ARC armor but Red.

That just reminded me: huge kudos to DICE for patching the first game and removing the option to take trooper helmets off. Really added to the immersion.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Their producer right now: "Prequels and sequels? How the hell are we gonna market Battlefront 3!!??" ;)

SpaceWolf

Banned
What prequel content I want to see:

New Heroes:
Obi Wan Kenobi (Episode 3)
Anakin Skywalker (Episode 3)
Darth Maul (Episode 1)
Count Dooku (Episode 2)
General Grievous (Episode 3)

New Planets:
Coruscant
Naboo
Kamino
Geonosis
Utapau
Mustafar.

Bonus Heroes: Mace Windu, Yoda.

Bonus Planets:
Felucia.

a916

What prequel content I want to see:

New Heroes:
Obi Wan Kenobi (Episode 3)
Anakin Skywalker (Episode 1)
Darth Maul (Episode 1)
Count Dooku (Episode 2)
General Grievous (Episode 3)

New Planets:
Coruscant
Naboo
Kamino
Geonosis
Utapau
Mustafar.

Bonus Heroes: Mace Windu, Yoda.

Bonus Planets:
Felucia.

Fixed that for you.

That just reminded me: huge kudos to DICE for patching the first game and removing the option to take trooper helmets off. Really added to the immersion.
Yeah, I'm really glad they did that. People can use an Imperial Officer or Death Star Officer if they want a face character.

I at least hope that some of the planets traditionally associated with the Clone Wars are available to play in GCW (or make all planets for all eras despite canon violations). Like Coruscsnt is generally associated with the Clone Wars but we know there was combat there during the GCW too.

Nah, Phase 2 Clone Troopers look so much cooler than Storm Troopers or the First Order's version.

100204-arc-clone-trooper-fives-phase-ii-armor-04.jpg

Plus the Clone Wars tv show gave the Clones far more personality than Stormtroopers ever did.

Phase2 troopers are the best troopers of all.
This preview looks pretty appetizing.

I forgot that every time a morsel of star wars is released, everyone goes into metal gear mode with the theories. Has someone asked if TIE pilot is Rey's mom yet?

Toa TAK

Banned
Just please, God, don't let the campaign suck. I don't trust DICE to do it well, or even if it's being outsourced it still makes me uneasy.

Kalentan

Phase2 troopers are the best troopers of all.

This preview looks pretty appetizing.

Good that someone agrees. :)

Just please, God, don't let the campaign suck. I don't trust DICE to do it well, or even if it's being outsourced it still makes me uneasy.

I think someone mentioned it's already being outsourced. But yeah. I'm still worried. BF1 is sort of deceiving in that the cutscenes aren't bad but the actual levels were bad.

Good that someone agrees. :)

I think someone mentioned it's already being outsourced. But yeah. I'm still worried. BF1 is sort of deceiving in that the cutscenes aren't bad but the actual levels were bad.
Outsourced isn't the term I'd use, since it's Jade Raymond ' s Motive studios, another Electronic Arts studio, that will be working on their own Star Wars game in the future

Kalentan

Outsourced isn't the term I'd use, since it's Jade Raymond ' s Motive studios, another Electronic Arts studio, that will be working on their own Star Wars game in the future

Ah and if that's the case it seems like this will be used to test their mettle then. Since if the SP sucks for this, that doesn't bode well for their own game.

Arttemis

How much current Battlefront content will carry over? Which heroes will and won't make the cut?

I wouldn't be upset if they removed Greedo, Dir. Krennic, Nien Number, and Jyn Erso... I want an the rest to return, though.

ORIGINAL TRILOGY
Darth Vader
Luke Skywalker
Boba Fett
Emperor Palpatine
Han Solo
Princess Leia
Lando Calrissian
Dengar
Bossk
Chewbacca
(I also want IG-88, and animations can't be the excuse anymore if shitty prequel droids are coming. I also don't care if the total number of heroes isn't the same per faction)

PREQUEL TRILOGY
Maul
Grievous
Obi-Wan
Qui-Gon
(Yoda, as the supreme practitioner of the Force, should never have picked up a fucking lightsaber and disgracefully hopped around like a fucking frog, but he's in the game according to the trailer)

SEQUEL TRILOGY
Kylo Ren
Cpt. Phasma
Rey
Finn
(Plus the remaining Last Jedi heroes)

Boem

Hell, I honestly, truthfully would really enjoy it if Jar Jar was playable. It's never going to happen, but if there was ever a character that would be perfect for the final addition in a series of DLC expansions, it's Jar Jar.

lawnchair

Banned
Hell, I honestly, truthfully would really enjoy it if Jar Jar was playable. It's never going to happen, but if there was ever a character that would be perfect for the final addition in a series of DLC expansions, it's Jar Jar.

are you serious? jar jar binks? meesa yousa?

i guess some people in here probably thought he was a great character ..

Madness! Though I imagine Destiny, CoD, and RDR 2 will limit this game to an extent.

I think people will get rdr 2 along with a shooter. Destiny is September, so it'll take some.sales, but not directly. It'll be CoD that it's battling against, but Star Wars will hold pretty strong. Likely won't overtake it, but it'll surprise people

a Female TIE fighter pilot? I know it's a long shot, but I'd really like if it was Ciena Ree from the Lost Stars novel.

Having Ashoka and/or Sabine Wren in this would be amazing. Hell, I'd take any of the Rebels characters/ships. The Imperial Raider is in the trailer, so it already shows that they're pulling from a ton of different places. This gives me hope that obscure characters will be popping up, at least in the story.

Well obviously but Stormtroopers rarely ever show their personalites outside some few moments. Otherwise they exist to literally be jobbers for the characters.

In the new canon at least, there is no Stormtrooper that has as much personality or depth as Rex, Wolffe, Gregor, Fives and so on.

It's telling that the Clone, who were literally born in tubes, are more human than the actual normal humans.

The lack of personality and individuality is how the Empire wanted Stormtroopers to be, though. They're supposed to give off the appearance of faceless, identical well-trained soliders who will just keep coming despite losses, to the point they even outright ignore causalities. That's what they were trained to do and pretty much the point of them - each Stormtrooper is the same as any other.

With the Clones, the Republic didn't specifically go out of their way to have them behave in a way intended to make the enemy fear them more. I might be wrong as i haven't actually seen much of the Clone Wars, but aren't Rex, Wolffe, Gregor, Fives etc all ARC troopers or similar? There's a difference between the amount of personality ARC troopers/Commanders showed and that of a standard Clone Soldier. It makes more sense to compare those to their Imperial Counterparts, SCAR troopers:

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Looks fucking incredible but why do I get the feeling this leak was intentional because they were not confident in the reception to this game?

Boem

are you serious? jar jar binks? meesa yousa?

i guess some people in here probably thought he was a great character ..

I definitely do not think he's a great character. I also don't think the prequel movies are any good.

But I love the prequel content being represented in a game like this, and I thought it'd be a lot of fun to play as Jar Jar. As much as I dislike the character in the movies. Different thing for me. Like Scrappy Doo being included in that old James Gunn Scooby Doo movie.

Killing teens playing stormtroopers as Jar Jar? I'd play the hell out of that.

Looks fucking incredible but why do I get the feeling this leak was intentional because they were not confident in the reception to this game?

It has the Star Wars logo on it, I don't think confidence is an issue. I'm pretty sure they couldn't have wanted this leaked so close to the proper blow-out announcement.

Breakaway

How was the gameplay in the first one? I guess I'll keep my eye on this
until I find out that Jango isn't playable

Top Bottom