• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront - All 9 launch MP modes detailed

sjay1994

Sigh... I'm not sure anymore

Some of these modes are just renames of modes we keep getting in shooters.

I found survival and drop zone incredibly boring, because I've played so much domination, team deathmatch and horde modes in other games.

I really enjoy walker assault, and hopefully they balance it and fix the spawns in that mode. That mode feels unique to me because as rebels it feels like a mix of capture and hold an objective for as long as you can, and then DPS a target.

But I don't know if I can keep playing this mode and justify a 90 dollar price tag for this one interesting mode and only on assuming 4 maps (Hoth, Endor... maybe Sulust and Tatooine?)

I find myself craving more and more abnormal multiplayer game modes

sjay1994

First expansion focused on the Prequels, second expansion focused on Force Awakens and beyond.

Get all my money.

Honestly, as much shit as the prequels get... I think it has much more interesting planets. Courasant, Kamino, Naboo, Mustafar are more interesting to me on a visual and aesthetic level than Hoth, Tatooine and Endor which are essentially Snow, Desert and Forrest.

But considering they keep saying they want to focus on original trilogy, they will probably be Yavin (eh) and maybe Cloud City, which I would be ok with.

Maybe even Alderaan, and the match ends with the planet blowing up.

Honestly, as much shit as the prequels get... I think it has much more interesting planets. Courasant, Kamino, Naboo, Mustafar are more interesting to me on a visual and aesthetic level than Hoth, Tatooine and Endor which are essentially Snow, Desert and Forrest.

But considering they keep saying they want to focus on original trilogy, they will probably be Yavin (eh) and maybe Cloud City, which I would be ok with.

Maybe even Alderaan, and the match ends with the planet blowing up.

Well, considering Jakku is coming it clearly isn't some iron rule. Also if they focus on original trilogy only they will run out of good stuff for expansions real fast.

Unless of course they plan on releasing Battlefront 2(-2?) relatively fast instead of longer term support.

JimiNutz

Banned
There's enough content for me to justify the purchase and im sure I'll dip into every mode.
I'm getting to the age where I really have only time for one game at a time (particularly online shooters) and I'm going to have to pick between Halo 5 and Star Wars Battlefront this holiday season as I won't have time for the two of them :(

Imperial

First expansion focused on the Prequels, second expansion focused on Force Awakens and beyond.

Get all my money.

Honestly, I think that the expansion packs are going to consist of OT planets like Yavin, Dagobah, Bespin,Death Star etc, and the sequel will revolve around Force Awakens and the new trilogy

ISee

Well, they never mentioned these 'Battle Missions' before. It's not a full confirmation, but there won't just be Survival waves in Missions.

Already a step up, I guess. But I just don't understand why they are so vague about their offline modes, game will be out in about one month.
Please be excited for Battle Missions costumers! Yeah sure, but what are battle missions EA?

sjay1994

Well, considering Jakku is coming it clearly isn't some iron rule. Also if they focus on original trilogy only they will run out of good stuff for expansions real fast.

Unless of course they plan on releasing Battlefront 2(-2?) relatively fast instead of longer term support.

Then it might be planets from 4,5,6 and force awakens.

Hopefully the movie has more interesting planets than Jakku, because asides from that Star Destroyer, anyone could confuse it with tatooine.

sjay1994

Honestly, I think that the expansion packs are going to consist of OT planets like Yavin, Dagobah, Bespin,Death Star etc, and the sequel will revolve around Force Awakens and the new trilogy

I highly doubt this would ever be in the game. You need to jump some huge fucking hoops to justify having imperials and rebels running around the planet Yoda went to for exile.

Pearson

Banned
Decided to skip the Beta as I really need to work my way through my backlog.

but from what I've seen it's good - looking forward to seeing other maps

Phinor

With so few maps and the fact that any single map won't have all the game modes available, this is going to feel like half a game very soon after release (or if you are only interested in few game modes, more like a quarter of a game). Oh but I forgot, you can give them extra $50 to get a little bit more variety next year..

If Supremacy is really going to only have around 4 maps, that's less than what $15 BC2 Vietnam had five years ago. 4 maps for a game mode really feels like a $15-20 digital only release. I really hope I'm wrong though and the game doesn't feel content light.

witness

I love that they have hero battles for single player and coop. Looks like lots of good modes and single player options. That's actually more there than I expected for single player.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I expect footage of each mode on its set of maps before the game releases. If they withhold that for some reason you can probably expect to be disappointed.

Xater

Yeah I will really need a breakdown of how many maps per mode. I doubt all 12 will work for everything and 12 just doesn't sound like a high enough number for something that didn't have to use resources for a campaign.

I just want a new MP game in November. I'd rather have it be Battlefront because of the Star Wars factor, but next to the new COD it still doesn't look like a game that should cost 60 bucks.

Get all my money.

I doubt that the first DLC will be about the prequels. if ever prequel content. I doubt dice could recreate some of the prequel locations... everything was CGI

I expect footage of each mode on its set of maps before the game releases. If they withhold that for some reason you can probably expect to be disappointed.

All the gametype announcements so far happened without any gameplay footage. And i doubt much will happen before release. Maybe another Launch Trailer.

Top Bottom