• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront II Beta code begging thread

destrudo

Yeah... been trying the EA Help method for about an hour.

Anyone got a spare NA PC Key?

I was wondering if this worked for anyone in Canada, not sure if it'd matter, but been wondering if I should log into a VPN or something.

lmbotiva

As a non fan of the first game, anyone that wants to help change my mind for the sequel can please send over a USA beta code my way via PM, thanks a lot.

Well I think I may have got it working. I can download it now. By the way though I literally just looked it up via the PS Store and downloaded it there since I'd already entered the code. It might be worth looking to see if they literally just screwed up and put it on there as an unpaid download already.

Cth

Best Buy still hasn't shipped my code..

If anyone has a spare XB1 code I'll pay mine forward whenever it arrives (if it does at this point! bah!)

Thanks!

Well I think I may have got it working. I can download it now. By the way though I literally just looked it up via the PS Store and downloaded it there since I'd already entered the code. It might be worth looking to see if they literally just screwed up and put it on there as an unpaid download already.

Can you post the store link? I'm trying to find it since I entered my code a while ago and never downloaded anything.

ZeroGravity

Yeah... been trying the EA Help method for about an hour.

Anyone got a spare NA PC Key?

I was wondering if this worked for anyone in Canada, not sure if it'd matter, but been wondering if I should log into a VPN or something.
I'm in Canada and it worked for me. Took a few tries though.

Sephzilla

The EA thing finally worked! I'm in!

tumblr_o1tpjnD9zS1uijnlro6_250.gif

sdijoseph

Hi,

Thanks for contacting EA Help.

We checked, and it looks like you should be already able to play the Star Wars Battlefront II beta.

You'll find the beta client in My Game Library in Origin. Download and install it, and you're good to go.

If you want to play on PlayStation or on Xbox One instead, you can do that once the beta opens up on October 6. You won't need a code to play then.

We hope you're enjoying your time with the game.

May the Force be with you,

The EA Help team

Is anyone getting this response from EA help?

Yep! For the uninitiated, here's how you get better code for PS4, XB1 or PC via EA Help/Support.

1. Click here: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/?...egory=codes-and-promotions&issue=invalid-code

It should select Battlefront II for PS4 with "Invalid code" issue. Change platform to PC or XB1 if that's what you desire.

MAKE SURE IT SAYS "INVALID CODE". That's the only way I can guarantee they'll give you instant code. Also make sure you're picking the correct region (e.g. North America, Europe, etc).

2. Login with PSN/XBL/Origin

3. Whatever email address you see is the one it'll send the email to. Doesn't matter if you change it. Check your EA account email, first and foremost.

4. Send a generic email about beta key. Here's mine:

5. Send. Make sure all forms are filled. No need to send an attachment.

6. Check email for instant code. This is an automated process with zero human interaction. Best way to tell you received the code is if the ticket is instantly "CLOSED". Check here: https://help.ea.com/ca/my-cases/

7. Didn't receive a code in 5 minutes? Is the support page stuck in "loading" loop? Send another ticket. Repeat until you get it.
If you're getting stuck on the endless loop, USE ANOTHER BROWSER OR GO INTO A INCOGNITO WINDOW

Worked instantly for me once I did it through incognito.

I've got two days off work but will be working all weekend so a PS4 EU code would be much appreciated, if anyone has a spare.

I will pay you by PMing you a picture of my cats. They are really cute you don't wanna miss out on this deal.

The EA thing worked for me:)

Here's my cats anyway since I wouldn't have got it without you guys!

https://imgur.com/a/vQicD

Miggy

Here's how you do the EA Help thing.

1. Click here: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/?...egory=codes-and-promotions&issue=invalid-code

It should select Battlefront II for PS4 with "Invalid code" issue. Change platform to PC or XB1 if that's what you desire.

MAKE SURE IT SAYS "INVALID CODE". That's the only way they'll give you instant code. Also make sure you're picking the correct region (e.g. North America, Europe, etc).

2. Login with PSN/XBL/Origin

3. Whatever email address you see is the one it'll send the email to. Doesn't matter if you change it. Check your EA account email, first and foremost.

4. Send a generic email about beta key. Here's mine:

5. Send.

6. Check email for instant code. Best way to tell you received the code is if the ticket is instantly "CLOSED". Check here: https://help.ea.com/ca/my-cases/

7. Didn't receive a code in 5 minutes? Is the support page stuck in "loading" loop? Send another ticket. Repeat until you get it.

YOU'RE DOING GODS WORK. THANK YOU SIR, I GOT MY PS4 CODE!

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I tried two browsers both with incognito and regular windows, multiple times, and even my phone, and it just submits endlessly.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I tried two browsers both with incognito and regular windows, multiple times, and even my phone, and it just submits endlessly.

As in infinite loading loop? It's issue on EA's side. Keep trying.

Yes, this is what it looks like (the second box is after I hit "resume" on the ticket when I did not receive an email). https://gyazo.com/dea330c47b4a8dd4354eb3f327f371c2

Hit the back button on top left. Do you see any more tickets?

sdijoseph

Same problem for an hour now. Decided to try out different EU countries, selected Italy and it finally went through. Got two emails in Italian, one of them contained the key which I redeemed and the game is now downloading. Don't know if the country change had anything to do with it, maybe I just finally got lucky.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops

Yup, I've done it 30-ish times now over the last 2 or so hours. Still nothing.

Top Bottom