• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars The Force Awakens character names revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

watershed

Banned
Kylo Ren?`
wtf?

Darth Maul
Darth Sidious
Darth Vader
Kylo Ren?
really?
Shouldn't it be pretty obvious then that he is not a Sith or at least not yet? The card doesn't identify him as a Sith and he doesn't have a Sith name. Kylo Ren is like Anakin Skywalker. It's his real name not his Sith name.

Moff

Kylo Ren is probably not his Sith Name, similiar to Anakin Skywalker, Sheev Palpatine who called themselves Darth Vader and Darth Sidious.

IF he is a sith at all. We dont know that.

Toxi

Banned
The "Darth X" name convention was fucking dumb, especially since "Darth" was treated as Darth Vader's first name in the original movie ("A young Jedi named Darth Vader"/"You can't win, Darth")

It'd be nice if we're finally free from it.

Kylo Ren?`
wtf?

Darth Maul
Darth Sidious
Darth Vader
Kylo Ren?
really?

Darth Maul was called Maul before attaining the rank of Darth
Darth Sidious' real name is Sheev Palpatine
Darth Vader is Anakin Skywalker with the nickname Annie
Darth Tyrannus is just Dooku...

Kylo will probably have a really evil sounding Darth title like Darth Raep or Darth Zodomee

Bold One

The rumoured flashback will surprise a lot of people.

Luke-Skywalker-and-Princess-Leia-Star-Wars-twins.jpg

I don't recall this scene?

Anyways, the names sound fine, I wish they had taken the Bungie approach, The names in Destiny had some good names

Kurdel

Banned
I really like them!

Kylo Ren has an awesome cadence to it.

Star Wars names should make you want to say their full name everytime.

raphier

Banned
Wait when this happened, these names sound like a 5 years old came up with them. Rey, Finn, Dameron Poe, really? I hope this is one big misdirection by Disney.

AniHawk

star
the force awakens
wars

is such a horrible logo. it kind of works in the 70s thing they're going for in those pictures at least, where everything is supposed to look dated.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I like that the Sith's name isnt stupid, obvious evil and just sounds like any other name in Star Wars, which is to say it sounds slightly dumb.

Hopefully they dont even give him the Darth title.

Cheebo

Banned
Yeah I want the "old" classy logo back. This new one looks amateurish.

That really isn't the old style, that has only been used since The Phantom Menace. This is more of the classic Star Wars logo look:
esb-logo.jpg

The TFA logo needs a redesign it is far too simple but the Star + Subtitle + Wars logo structure is very traditional Star Wars.

Something like this would be PERFECT
michael-cohen-tfa-logo-updated-the-force-awakens-trailer-is-coming-and-it-s-about.png

That really isn't the old style, that has only been used since The Phantom Menace. This is more of the classic Star Wars logo look:
esb-logo.jpg

The TFA logo needs a redesign it is far too simple but the Star + Subtitle + Wars logo structure is very traditional Star Wars.

michael-cohen-tfa-logo-updated-the-force-awakens-trailer-is-coming-and-it-s-about.png

Hence the quotation marks. But I don't like the old old logo. Its even worse then the new one. The 'Star' and 'Wars' are waaaay too segregated, and so relatively small they seem irrelevant.

So everyone knows Finn is an actual name and not unique to adventure time, right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finn_(given_name)
On top of that, it is one of the most popular baby names in recent years, this year especially. I can totally see that being intentional, imagine all these young boys (and quite a large number of girls, it is popular on both sides) growing up and sharing the same name as the hero of the Star Wars of their generation. Take that audience surrogate connection one step further.

I doubt the movies will have the same pop cultural impact as the originals, but it seems like a good marketing move for moving toys.

Darth Maul was called Maul before attaining the rank of Darth
Darth Sidious' real name is Sheev Palpatine
Darth Vader is Anakin Skywalker with the nickname Annie
Darth Tyrannus is just Dooku...

Kylo will probably have a really evil sounding Darth title like Darth Raep or Darth Zodomee

Oh shit.

I love that.

Hence the quotation marks. But I don't like the old old logo. Its even worse then the new one. The 'Star' and 'Wars' are waaaay too segregated, and so relatively small they seem irrelevant.

They seem irrelevant because they were. The sequel to Star Wars was released as simply "The Empire Strikes Back", and the second sequel was released as simply "Return of the Jedi".

The logos of the prequels, with "EPISODE (NUMBER)" written in bigger letters than the actual titles, were ridiculous.

NYR94

Poe Dameron...just take a regular name and change the first letters?

Zim Hardashian
Cared Seto
Wim Farrey

They better come up with some cool names for non-human characters like Chewbacca and Sebulba.

Gintamen

Finn Skywalker, the bastard son of Lando and Leia.

The evening of their[Han and Leia] marriage.
"So what did you want to tell me princess?"
"Em.. I have to confess that I had a short fling with Calrissian while you were carbonited."
"And now you are mine. Was it his charm, his nice cape?"
"No Han, it was his BBC! [XD]"

And this is how Star Wars VII: The Netorare Awakens begins.

I'm out. :E

Pagusas

Elden Member

"Em.. I have to confess that I had a short fling with Calrissian while you were carbonited."

I could so see this in the opening text crawl.

dan2026

So how exactly do we know Kylo Ren is a Sith?

Just because he has a red lightsaber?
Anybody could get a red lightsaber, surely?

Cheebo

Banned

Good thing Boyega is way too young to be born between ESB and ROTS ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom