• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars The Force Awakens Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fliesen

dude, SPOILERS. edit to link that image ...

Real Hero

Not at all. I mean, the point is to catch you off guard. The goofiness shows that this one will actually have something the prequels did not have: personality.
Yep I was bit down on the moody narrator but as soon as it got going I was sold. No mention of trade embargo's either, yippe!!

Oh man that lightsaber is really sweet, I hope there's a little push to keep it away from constantly rolling it around the wrists like normal tactics.

I friggen loved that. Would have loved to see a glmpse of a saber battle, but oh well. Really want to know where Abrams is heading with the battles.

rubex75

Banned
Brilliant teaser! Little 50/50 on the sword-sabre. I don't hate it, just taken back at it. Give it a while and I'll probably love it. Sad to not see the original crew, but glad at the same time. I would have hated it if they blew their load at once and just pummelled us with nostalgia knock-outs. That droid looks cool even though it's obviously going to be a kids' Christmas toy next year. X-Wing shot looked boss as fuck. Amazing visuals. Stormtroopers look sick. Love their new helmets. That Millennium Falcon shot though....pure bliss.

10/10 teaser. J.J and crew nailed it.

TheXbox

Any theory as to why Boyega is waking up in the desert like that?
I don't know if he's actually waking up or if it's just a goofy Abrams "gotcha" moment. I'm guessing it's the latter. You can hear a probe droid during that snippet, which leads me to believe Boyega's character is being pursued.

Fliesen

yes?

everything that hasn't been in this teaser is considered spoiler territory.

i for my part didn't know whether or not the Sith was wearing any mask. It looks a whole lot like Revan's, which could imply that he's not from the present day, but has been sleeping for quite a while.

it's totally a spoiler.

You literally just saw this character in the trailer.

i didn't see his face, did you?

Also, people should take care when posting things that may be considered spoilers.

But anyone hypersensitive about that stuff who want NOTHING to be ruined for them outside of what's shown in the official teaser probably shouldn't be posting in online threads about the film.

sphinx

the piano man
did Harrison Ford recover already from his injury?? I thought the whole film was on hold. nice to see it's coming along well

I hope this person doesn't think stormtroopers are white...
Aren't the stormtroopers whatever race Jango Fett is? I thought they were all clones, which makes the black stormtrooper slightly surprising (though he could have been using it as a costume, as the cast did in IV). Also, I thought (at least in the original trilogy) that the Empire was sort of based on the Nazi's, and was therefore intentionally all white.- while the rebels were diverse in races and life forms.
Slight Problem...EA.
Dammit, it's never gonna happen.

Fliesen

But anyone hypersensitive about that stuff who want NOTHING to be ruined for them outside of what's shown in the official teaser probably shouldn't be posting in online threads about the film.

or, you know, as is common courtesy, people should mark leaked plot lines as spoilers and only LINK to pictures of leaked visuals.

i will not leave a thread where a trailer is being discussed because people keep bringing up spoilers.
we have a storyline / leak / Spoiler thread for episode 7 in this very forum.

I don't see his face in that image either.

you see his
mask
though, which looks a whole lot
like Revans
which would tell us about the possible origins of said character.

please, it's not an image from the trailer itself, it's a leak that shows additional information beyond what we're talking about in here. Let's not act daft.

Magnus

It's hilarious that people still can't grasp what a spoiler is and isn't. If it hasn't been explicitly revealed in that trailer, you should err on the side of caution and treat it as a spoiler.

MattyG

Banned
That lightsaber is rad as fuck. But I can't help but think it's pretty impractical. You'd have a pretty good shot at slicing off your own hand with it unless you're going to use it like a broad/greatsword.
I actually don't think you would, even if you held it in just one hand. I've conducted extensive scientific tests
e.g. I pretended to hold a lightsaber and rotated my wrist while imagining the crossguards
and even if he rotated his wrist/hand all the way back towards his body, I don't think the crossguard would reach his wrist.

Mariolee

Aren't the stormtroopers whatever race Jango Fett is? I thought they were all clones, which makes the black stormtrooper slightly surprising (though he could have been using it as a costume, as the cast did in IV). Also, I thought (at least in the original trilogy) that the Empire was sort of based on the Nazi's, and was therefore intentionally all white.- while the rebels were diverse in races and life forms.

Clone Troopers were, but during the 20 year period tween III and IV the Clone Trooopers were replaced by regular people because they were easier and cheaper to maintain.

I don't understand how a trailer is not considered to be spoilers but an image of the other side of a character in that trailer is...

Pls help.

jelly

Clones were only tempory, normal recruits took their place, it is what 50 years later after all.

or, you know, as is common courtesy, people should mark leaked plot lines as spoilers and only LINK to pictures of leaked visuals.

i will not leave a thread where a trailer is being discussed because people keep bringing up spoilers.
we have a storyline / leak / Spoiler thread for episode 7 in this very forum.

You are being too sensitive about a character who was literally shown in the teaser you watched. You should leave the thread if it bothers you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom