• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rebooting Bionic Commando made the quicktime events at the finale work, I suppose. Either way I finished it.

The swinging was fun, and the physics funny - like hanging under a platform and launching yourself around the edge to land on top with a single button press. Throwing around dead bodies was satisfying and I used it as a finishing move of sorts like after downing a mech, I'd whip their rag-doll body a mile into the background. I enjoyed the upgrade system where doing a certain number of kills or tricks upgraded your weapons or armor - a little meta game.

I wish the guns were better and that you could hold more of them. I wish there were levels where you were climbing up the whole time, scaling a tower Shadow of the Colossus style. It needed better enemies and bosses. And the story...

Anyway, I'm happy to have finished it and now deleted it.

Code:
is this thread legit?

Code:
As legit as posting your messages in code blocks.

More Symphonia reports

CaK022FWwAE4hnl.png

- limited to 6 save slots
- running at 40 FPS for some people, making the game run faster

Dragon's Dogma only has 1 save slot. So does this mean Tales of Symphonia is 6x as good as DD:DA?

AHA-Lambda

Wow, just had a look at The Division on Steam to see that the bundle with the season pass is £35 more?? That's £75, with a £5 saving from an £80 base price.

Meanwhile on UPlay the same bundle is £65 (a £5 saving on a £70 base price) so the season pass is £25 more there.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/365590/

http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubiemea/e...lancys-The-Division-Digital-Gold-Edition.html

I have to ask, is that legal? Charging different prices on different storefronts to promote your own?

I notice this a lot comparing many games on GOG and Steam that for whatever reason the Steam games are more expensive, or that in sale periods they tend to be more heavily discounted outside of Steam.

Wow, just had a look at The Division on Steam to see that the bundle with the season pass is £35 more?? That's a £5 saving from an £80 base price

Meanwhile on UPlay it's £65, a £5 saving on a £70 base price, so the season pass is £25 more there.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/365590/

http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubiemea/e...lancys-The-Division-Digital-Gold-Edition.html

I have to ask, is that legal? Charging different prices on different storefronts to promote your own?

I studied media-law and I can tell you. Whether thats legal or not, no one actually cares nowadays. A lot of publishers violates a lot of laws, the biggest out there, but as long as no one sues them for "such small things", they can do what they want.

Yeah, otherwise Green Man Gaming would have gone under years ago.

Not quite the same thing.
Green Man Gaming only controls the pricing of the items in their store, as any merchant does.

In this case, Aha-Lambda is wondering about the publisher setting different prices.

I couldn't tell you if there is such a law that prohibits something such as this, as it's almost similar to when prices on store websites didn't necessarily match the price in store and it took some fighting to get them to do so in a lot of cases (I'm looking at you BestBuy). But in a way, it's no different than someone throwing an item up for sale on Amazon.com marketplace and also putting it on Half.com (or eBay buy it now) for a different price.

AHA-Lambda

Why wouldn't it be?

It seems like anti competitive practice to me, but I'm no legal expert obv hence my asking.

Having different prices across other sites during sale periods is fair enough I can get that. But having different base RRPs for the same product on 2 stores, the cheaper one of which being on a store you directly own, seems off.

Lain

So Symphonia came out bad? That's too bad.

I wish I could get the Disgaea PC physical, but it's NISA, so American only, and if it was sold on their UK website, it'd be 4x instead of just 2x. I'll just grab it on Steam and be done with it.

Here some screens just from the german title and options-screen of Symphonia:

CC6C300FD593E76A1AC237FBA5C6026C04966D76

"Exit Game" in the german version.

243155255D8C1616D4ADDC81CF3465F819218F11

Seems the font cant show a german "ä", but instead shows "LautstÁ€rke" instead of "Lautstärke".

D412F763336AC82A1EB6B7E11AA2C4FA0D971374

And what are these options supposed to be. I mean I can see these are the language options, but the text is missing...

Eila

Symphonia will be fixed eventually #believe
What's just unforgiveable to me is that Zesty is a great port. How did they screw this one up so bad? And they showed it on like september and it looked fine. Just plain lying.

After Phinor and Phawx posts, I read and watched more about GPU overclocking, the easy & safe*, non-voltage editing kind.

XSNqHFz.png

Look at those gains, just look! Sheesh, the 970 has basically a 980 inside. In many cases even a very slightly more o_O Insane when you think about the price delta!
Even more, it trumps a 780Ti, a very expensive card which is only the previous model series. Holy smokes!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just wanted to mention that I used your pawn almost exclusively through my playthrough of Dragon's Dogma. Pretty useful physical damage dealer. Could never figure out a gift to send but enjoy the metric fuckton of RC coming your way :p

haha awesome, cheers! Gonna have to start that game up on NG+ at some point, I've been going through withdraws since I beat it

Symphonia port is a joke.

Disappointing.

Here's what I've gathered so far:
- 30fps (yeah, we've been through this a lot)
- 720p internal resolution lock
- Dynamic™ DRM (create new .exe each time the game launch)
- Overlay(s) may cause the game to crash
- Opening config & save menu takes 30 seconds on certain version of Windows
- Lots of typo in menu (which can be easily fixed by editing a txt file)
- Reports of random crashes

After Phinor and Phawx posts, I read and watched more about GPU overclocking, the easy & safe*, non-voltage editing kind.

XSNqHFz.png

Look at those gains, just look! Sheesh, the 970 has basically a 980 inside. In many cases even a very slightly more o_O Insane when you think about the price delta!
Even more, it trumps a 780Ti, a very expensive card which is only the previous model series. Holy smokes!

I have a factory OC'ed 970 and in some games I had to downclock it because I got black screens (and it seems to be a common problem, 2 friends who have the same card as me had the same issues and the EVGA forums were full of that when the card was released)
It only happens with some games (Dragon Age Inquisition, NFS Rivals, Witcher 3, Rise of the Tomb Raider, to name a few)
So be careful with OC'ing and test it thoroughly.

I have a factory OC'ed 970 and in some games I had to downclock it because I got black screens (and it seems to be a common problem, 2 friends who have the same card as me had the same issues and the EVGA forums were full of that when the card was released)
It only happens with some games (Dragon Age Inquisition, NFS Rivals, Witcher 3, Rise of the Tomb Raider, to name a few)
So be careful with OC'ing and test it thoroughly.
Mh-hm, that is good info. Thanks for the heads-up Kurt! Hope your card won't cause you any troubles/black screens no more. Sounds a bit frightening.

Disappointing.

Wait... so the folder fills up with .exes? That's crazy.

kagamin

tumblr_ngy7yeBoFe1qeqs0ko1_500.jpg

Oh boy oh boy, you done did it now BAMCO, you thought you could get away with it, you thought you could just leave us poor steam users to die, but you fools thought wrong.

Hey would you look at that, I suddenly have enough money to buy Fairy Fencer F or Disgaea PC, what a coincidence.

Jazz573

tumblr_ngy7yeBoFe1qeqs0ko1_500.jpg

Oh boy oh boy, you done did it now BAMCO, you thought you could get away with it, you thought you could just leave us poor steam users to die, but you fools thought wrong.

Hey would you look at that, I suddenly have enough money to buy Fairy Fencer F or Disgaea PC, what a coincidence.

Do it for Nep. :p

Disappointing.

Sounds about like every other pc port. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
(Not to mention it sounds like the standard response for every PC port/release... :lol)

I don't have luck with foils so getting that much back is like winning the lottery for me...lol

Lately, I just get foils that nobody wants so they sit there when I match the lowest price available forever or they are a miserable race to the bottom to sell for < $0.15.. foils are a hassle, especially since people don't fight the lowering price floor and are in a hurry to sell sell sell by undercutting the lowest.

Mh-hm, that is good info. Thanks for the heads-up Kurt! Hope your card won't cause you any troubles/black screens no more. Sounds a bit frightening.

It's because EVGA went a bit overboard with the OC, I just downclocked it by 88mhz with afterburner and that works for me. Other people need to downclock more/less, so it all depends on the card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom