• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloatOn

hey I just checked my playtimes and I noticed that typing of the dead is currently downloading an update. pretty cool that the webpage updates the status of the download in real time.

does anyone know if this typing of the dead update is the promised multiplayer mode?

fuu3wMU.gif

Yeah, science!
Yeah, JakeD!

Thank you.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
A new version of Enhanced Steam should be ready in a few hours. With the release of this version, Enhanced Steam will be in "feature freeze" until after the sale is complete.

This means that it'll only be updated to accommodate the sale pages and to fix existing bugs.

Also, my server is having some issues this morning - probably from people checking to see if the big sale is live yet. So expect a few hiccups during the sale, especially at times when deals change.

Category G

Neo Member
Finished Dear Esther fellow GAFfers.

00Q71uQl.png

After a long day I was feeling tired so I decided to go for it. The game felt very relaxing, which was the sole purpose for me to play it. Nice piano tunes and soundtrack overal helped creating the soothing atmosphere I was after. There are areas of the game that are pure eye-candy. After completing the game I now really want to have Skyrim on PC (finished on the 360 when it was released) with the HD Texture Pack installed for the upcoming Winter.

The one thing I really disliked was the narrator, I wish I could not have it and just let me create my own story or use this walking-simulator to reflect on life, relax or make my own thinking. Every time he started talking it felt like a cheap-bland-forgettable-book with a voice. Little things like some candles here and there made me believe there was someone, or something to look for, however, all I could see was a distant silhouette of someone in the top of a Mountain. When I reached said place I only found myself alone, again.

For those that are able to experience Journey (indie, PS3 Exclusive) it's a must. Unique, emotional soundtrack that made me realize that, what matters is not the destiny, but the journey itself.

Have you played Proteus before? If not it may be worth a look. It's a similar sort of game as Dear Esther (or perhaps that should be experience) albeit a little more artsy, and with no narrator.

Personally I couldn't stand Dear Esther. Just couldn't get immersed in it and the actual story was just too boring. =(

The_Monk

Awesome Monk!
I LOVED Dear Esther, the atmosphere, the "non-gaming" aspect to it. It was an interesting experiment.
I took like 500 sreenshots on that game.

Nice, I only took a couple of them.

Cant go wrong with that.

Indeed. I just feel that games that I haver never finished and the Backlog must have the priority right now.

That's my philosophy with my backlog :D

:D

I didn't notice that detail at first. Nice!

If you are curious I took & uploaded a screenshot of it. But to be honest, my mind could be playing tricks on that one fellow GAFfer.

Have you played Proteus before? If not it may be worth a look. It's a similar sort of game as Dear Esther (or perhaps that should be experience) albeit a little more artsy, and with no narrator.

It's on my Backlog, will leave it for a later date since I like to mix different genres when playing more than one game to avoid fatigue. But thanks for the suggestion.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Typing of the Dead is updating on my library, I wonder if now we will had multiplayer, or some other bonus
Indeed it is.

Did they ever fix the rendering resolution being fixed at 1280x720? Or are we doomed to it forever?

Grief.exe

Indeed it is.

Did they ever fix the rendering resolution being fixed at 1280x720? Or are we doomed to it forever?

I think the issue was largely ignored since the game has quite the 'cinematic' filter applied to the visuals and there are huge black bars on the top and the bottom.

You are really only stretching a couple hundred vertical pixels.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Be sure to check your reviews page and edit any reviews you've previously made if you want to change them to negative.

As part of the "conversion", all previously posted reviews are considered positive.

Also if anyone has any ideas for improvements for any of these new pages, let me know. :)

Anteater

If you are curious I took & uploaded a screenshot of it. But to be honest, my mind could be playing tricks on that one fellow GAFfer.

Is this the last area after you exit the cave? If so I saw that one too when I looked up from below, I thought that was the final area I was suppose to get to at first, got there and no one was there, I didn't take a picture though :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom