• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copons

Uh, I've just noticed they added a Screenshot section in the client's detail view, just below the news feed of a game (of course you must have a screenshot to have that section shown).
Is it me that never noticed, or is it a new thing?

Freezard

Steam Reviews best feature ever. I like writing reviews for all my games but it kinda sucked that you had to recommend games you don't like, plus you couldn't edit your review, hopefully they fixed that.

Turfster

Uh, I've just noticed they added a Screenshot section in the client's detail view, just below the news feed of a game (of course you must have a screenshot to have that section shown).

Pretty sure that's been in for a while.

Think more Humble Store deals will go live in 20 minutes?

Does the Store also need that bullshit account linking for Steam keys?
Their support never got back to me, and I still can't get it working, so...

eyeless

HemEh7p.png
jezus dunno how much i love this huge review field on every page

purchase date mite b cool i dunno maybe

Dambrosi

Banned
Just gonna post that Steam keys for Eryi's Action have appeared on the Groupees Build A Greenlight Bundle page as well. Just a head's up.

Steam Reviews, eh? Hmmm... :D

jediyoshi

Yeah, there's some major store page bloat at this point. The amount of space the screenshots/description section takes up is practically less than reviews now.

Sini

It's been there since Steam first got screenshot functionality.

derExperte

Am I seeing things or do some profile pages now have that blue color gradient from the download overview? I don't know, I wish the UI would get more simple instead of adding useless stuff.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Hah, three of us put up reviews for ETS2 already (myself, Wario64, and Copons). lol

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Purchase date is from Enhanced Steam. :) I agree that the review box is currently much too big, I might add an option to collapse/expand it.

Am I seeing things or do some profile pages now have that blue color gradient from the download overview? I don't know, I wish the UI would get more simple instead of adding useless stuff.

You are correct. Everything in the "games" section of your profile now has a blue color burst gradient at the top of the page. This includes "Recent Games", "All Games", "Wishlist" and now "Reviews"

Enjoy

ModBot said:
Instructions for trailmix16:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (trailmix16, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Paper's Please- -- MB-76D87DA9E967BB08 - Taken by jshackles. 31 entrants total.

t1385406830z1.png

Turfster

Hope they add an option to "collapse" reviews in your activity feed, though.
Something like just the user, the game name and the hand icon.

Scipius

Steam's evolution to a user-driven platform continues. Sure, the upcoming score system will be an addition to the existing Metacritic score at first, but anything that cuts out the influence of the compromised gaming press via the Metacritic score is welcome. I wonder how they're going to handle review/score bombing by users though.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
I'm a huge fan of micro reviews, especially the clever one-line or haiku reviews. Try that.
I dunno if anyone in this thread other than morningbus could pull that off, but I agree with the general sentiment. A paragraph or two would be perfectly appropriate. Frankly, since I'm not sure you can do much in the way of formatting, long-form reviews would probably be cumbersome to read.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
It feels kinda silly for me to have my jaw drop at a DLC list after having whored myself out for almost every single Crusader Kings II DLC but

what in the actual fuck, Agarest: Generations of War

_machine

Oh man, just wrote a long post about the greatness of Metro: Last Light and the things I enojyed in Bioshock Infinite and Call of Juarez: Gunslinger in best FPS of 2013 thread and it got locked before I posted it.

Well, in short, they're all great games with their strengths and weakness, go buy and play them ;)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It feels kinda silly for me to have my jaw drop at a DLC list after having whored myself out for almost every single Crusader Kings II DLC but

what in the actual fuck, Agarest: Generations of War

This is a good question.

It's part of their marketing strategy, supposedly. Basically they plan on releasing small pieces of DLC a few a week to flood the "new releases" section on the homepage thus generating more revenue for their game. Look for more to come (slowly) in the weeks ahead.

Category G

Neo Member
It's part of their marketing strategy, supposedly. Basically they plan on releasing small pieces of DLC a few a week to flood the "new releases" section on the homepage thus generating more revenue for their game. Look for more to come (slowly) in the weeks ahead.

Actually all of the DLC should be done now. Quite why it was released as it was isn't something I believe Ghostlight have discussed, but they've been looking for feedback on DLC so hopefully things'll be handled differently in future.

Jumping back into Sleeping Dogs, I forgot how difficult it is to drive 2 minutes without crashing. It's not even me, it's the asshole AI changing lanes and shit. I think i got to 1:48 and someone crashed into me.

This could take a while.

Jawmuncher

Agarest DLC isn't even that bad since you don't need any of it unless you like collecting DLC. Which I don't think anyone has gotten to that point on Steam yet.

Aside from that I have 25+ hours in it I think and have been enjoying myself mainly for the story and characters. As for the gameplay I couldn't tell you much since i'm currently cheating my ass off since I didn't want to bother with grinding xp or farming items to get better items. If there's one thing I don't like about Agarest is that you can't actually buy better weapons just base weapons which you have to upgrade and combine to get better stuff. Which is more a pain in the ass if you're aren't into that.

SO is Record of Argest War worht picking up, I have heard dubious things about the game.

It's going to come down to how much you like TRPGs and grinding. Because that's a good chunk of the game as I stated earlier.
But with that said I bought it Day 1 and even not liking that stuff I have been enjoying and don't feel like I overpayed. Sure I am cheating at this point but i've never been a big TRPG guy. Well not when they're more advanced than Fire Emblem anyway.

ArjanN

Agarest DLC isn't even that bad since you don't need any of it unless you like collecting DLC. Which I don't think anyone has gotten to that point on Steam yet.

Aside from that I have 25+ hours in it I think and have been enjoying myself mainly for the story and characters. As for the gameplay I couldn't tell you much since i'm currently cheating my ass off since I didn't want to bother with grinding xp or farming items to get better items. If there's one thing I don't like about Agarest is that you can't actually buy better weapons just base weapons which you have to upgrade and combine to get better stuff. Which is more a pain in the ass if you're aren't into that.

From what I understand most of the DLC is basically cheats anyway.

Well, now they released a shakespeare dlc for 3 dollars

http://store.steampowered.com/app/259210/?6810046=1

Death, that hath suck'd the honey of thy breath,
Hath had no power yet upon thy beauty;
Thou art not conquer'd; beauty's ensign yet
Is crimson in thy lips, and in thy cheeks,
And death's pale flag is not advanced there.

Motherfucker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom