• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Alan Wake is all about building atmosphere, not really scaring you but messing with your idea of what you think is happening. It is not a horror game in the way some people think of them.

Better than I could have said.

System Shock 2 is really similar.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
3RD person shooter with solid mechanics and gameplay.
Solid graphics, great atmosphere
Good story
Interesting, flawed main character.
Optimized with a good port
Available cheaply

Whats not to like?

I realize there is taste to be factored in, but objectively its a great game.
I played very little of it on a friend's 360, and didn't care much about the gameplay and shooting mechanics. The atmosphere was great, and the story looked pretty interesting.

Haven't played it since getting it on Steam with that Humble Weekly Sale.

How do people have so many copies of games and so many keys?

I've been browsing Reddit's Game Swap/Giveaways forums and other Steam trading forums and people have 7 keys of this, 4 tradable copies of that. 4 keys here, 3 copies of another game...

How it is possible to have so many spare games/keys?

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual

I've been browsing Reddit's Game Swap/Giveaways forums and other Steam trading forums and people have 7 keys of this, 4 tradable copies of that. 4 keys here, 3 copies of another game...

Sales and Indie Bundles is my guess.

Addnan

Indie bundles

Indie bundles often repeat games. Also voodoo

Ezra2680

Buying multiples when stuff is cheap, buying 4 packs but not having 3 friends that want it, etc...

masterkajo

Alan Wake is all about building atmosphere, not really scaring you but messing with your idea of what you think is happening. It is not a horror game in the way some people think of them.

Yes, couldn't have said it better myself (Not really horror per se but rather tensiony and atmospherey). Also it is structured in episodes like a TV show. I quite like it. I highly recommend it!

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

Buy multiple bundles for $1 each
Buy things on sale and store them in inventory to use as trade bait later on for more expensive items

Tenumi

Banned
I wouldn't mind an invite to the GAF group... my profile is here.

I need to play more PC games. Also, get the money to buy more PC games.

inky

So it's more of a psychological thriller? Anything thriller/horror related i love.

I have been wanting to pick up Alan Wake but keep missing it on sale. I tried twice on GMG but the site kept dying before i could buy it.

Yup, that is exactly what it is. It is divided into episodes too, kinda like a TV show, and each one builds up a bit of the overall mystery, then releases the tension, plays a great song and teases the next one. It is really great.

Wok

Man, I wish. Surprise release along with the summer sale, believe.

The game will be released on PC this summer. I hope for tomorrow.

7mz7cMo.jpg

Already marketed for 2.20€.

Deadbeat

Banned
Besides the main game I only played the first DLC of Alan Wake on the 360 and I found it quite bad. Is the second one even worth it?

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone knows if Lost Planet: Extreme Condition - Colonies Edition uses GFWL?

It's a new deal on GMG

It does yeah, on the Steam discussion group you can see screenshots with GFWL as well.

The funny thing is the original release games was Steamworks (and you can still get that). Not sure why they changed it.

Tomodachi

I... I just bought a Mystery Card. 2€ on something I don't even know what it is. What have you done to me Gabe?
it was cards money anyway

Turfster

System Shock 2 is really similar.

You take that back.
System Shock 2 is a masterpiece, what I played on the 360 of Alan Wake before I gave up in disgust (about halfway after I got stuck at a checkpoint with only a handful of bullets and no way to get more right before I got swamped by shadows every time) was a rather mediocre wave shooter that could have been so much better if they're just stuck with the atmospheric adventure bit and removed the stupid shooty bang bang filler with bad ammo distribution.

Berto

I'm playing Dark Souls for the first time, just finished my first hour... I died more times in the first boss than in my previous couple of played games... combined =/

It does yeah, on the Steam discussion group you can see screenshots with GFWL as well.

The funny thing is the original release games was Steamworks (and you can still get that). Not sure why they changed it.

Ohh thanks I'll check it out, I think that the original game is still on sale, I hope it's cheaper on the summer sale!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
since there's nothing in the OP about it anymore, what's the fastest/safest third party software for bulk moving stuff into categories?

Pretty good game. PC version is terrible though.

Locked 30fps, poor performance, zero optimization.

Ran like butter for me. Best fucking version I played. And that was last year at some point.

since there's nothing in the OP about it anymore, what's the fastest/safest third party software for bulk moving stuff into categories?

Someone posted this last night. Worked great for me.

https://code.google.com/p/depressurizer/

derExperte

Guess who bought Skulls of the Shogun on a hunch two hours ago and has already earned 2€ by selling one card? Though now I feel I could have gotten more (and the artwork was very nice). I thought the market would totally crash after going out of beta but not yet.

Here's hoping for a new summer camp with cards as rewards for doing achievements!
I'm thinking it'll be achievements that will earn booster packs.

I need to find that page that had Portal 2's mystery 52nd achievement and see if it's still there, speaking of that.

Sho Nuff

Banned
Guess who bought Skulls of the Shogun on a hunch two hours ago and has already earned 2€ by selling one card? Though now I feel I could have gotten more (and the artwork was very nice). I thought the market would totally crash after going out of beta but not yet.

I designed the Skulls set (with the guy who's sitting next to me) and we're utterly fascinated how the economy works on this kind of thing. Glad you like em!

BadAss2961

Ran like butter for me. Best fucking version I played. And that was last year at some point.
My PC ran the game with no drops for the most part, but there were a couple areas that were used only once or twice that chugged like crazy on my end for no reason. Seemed like they just overlooked those parts entirely.

Caerith

Already marketed for 2.20€.
You get a mystery card for every badge you craft. People seem to be buying cards now (watching the prices for a few go up as the cheap ones get bought out) so they can craft mystery cards and sell them. Probably gonna be something related to the summer event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom