• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that Bradley Cooper with a spoon in your icon? lol

PM sent.

Thanks a bunch mate !

http://youtu.be/f0sjxZmhDUo?t=43s

And yeah that is Bradley Cooper with a spoon. Saw it in an ad before Very Bad Trip 3 when I went to the cinema, his face was so priceless I couldn't help but laugh.

It reminded me of this pic :
050.jpg

derExperte

Oh man what an emotional rollercoaster, and the teaser for the 4th in the end..

Best out of the three so far, felt a bit lenghty compared to the previous ones tho.
I wonder if the guy on the walkie-talkie is the same guy who left in the beginning of the Ep2 to search for his friends.

Prepare to be disappointed when it's revealed who that guy is and why he's doing what he's doing. So stupid.

Joe Molotov

These games now have Trading Cards, Emoticons, Profile Backgrounds, and Badges to collect:
Alan Wake
Gun Monkeys
Gratuitous Space Battles
War of the Roses: Kingmaker
Skulls of the Shogun

edit:beaten :eek:

Edit: beaten.

I remember playing Gratuitous Space Battles. I had no idea what to do.
And obviously I'm not going to download War of the Roses (10GB~) just for cards. This time I win, Steam (?).

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Cardsss

Alan Wake
Gun Monkeys
Gratuitous Space Battles
Skulls of the Shogun

4/5 not bad.
#TeamNoFoil
2 out of 5 here. Not too good.

And looking at the SteamDB, it seems that Bit.Trip Flux hasn't been updated in a while. What a shame, I want to replay it now, but don't feel like turning on the Wii.

d1rtn4p

Alan Wake was definitely one of my favorite games of the past decade. Unmatched as far as the scary factor goes I think.

Grief.exe

These games now have Trading Cards, Emoticons, Profile Backgrounds, and Badges to collect:
Alan Wake
Gun Monkeys
Gratuitous Space Battles
Skulls of the Shogun

edit:beaten :eek:

Of course as soon as I leave.

I have 0% interest in Alan Wake. What makes it such a great game?

3RD person shooter with solid mechanics and gameplay.
Solid graphics, great atmosphere
Good story
Interesting, flawed main character.
Optimized with a good port
Available cheaply

Whats not to like?

I realize there is taste to be factored in, but objectively its a great game.

smr00

Banned
Of course as soon as I leave.

3RD person shooter with solid mechanics and gameplay.
Solid graphics, great atmosphere
Good story
Interesting, flawed main character.
Optimized with a good port
Available cheaply

Whats not to like?
On a cheap jump scare scale of 1-10 what would you give it?

smr00

Banned
2-3

There is barely any in the game
Now i want this game even more!

I love horror/thriller games but i don't care for jump scares, i think the whole jump scare thing is just lazy development and this applies to movies as well. There are far more effective ways of scaring people outside of jump scares. The occasional jump scare i understand but movies/games that rely on them 90% of the time is just meh to me.

I think I've never insta-hated a game before. I've just completed the tutorial of Gratuitous Space Battles and I feel dirty now.

I also find funny that it shares acronym with a Taco Bell burrito. Very appropriate.

Gaben, I demand a foil now!

EDIT: ^^^^^^^^ Card market about to skyrocket? Awwwww yisss.

I love horror/thriller games but i don't care for jump scares, i think the whole jump scare thing is just lazy development and this applies to movies as well. There are far more effective ways of scaring people outside of jump scares. The occasional jump scare i understand but movies/games that rely on them 90% of the time is just meh to me.

If you get it, play on Nightmare. I never play games on hard mode, but Alan Wake does it really fairly. You have slightly less resources, and have to run away more which is super thrilling. It's a blast.

Turfster

I think you guys should definitely consider buying my foils so I've got some money for the sale.

No, buy mine. Hell, I'll even throw in a few of my others cards if you do!
Seriously though, they opened the market like, one day too soon. I was the only one selling most of my foils... and then the floodgates opened and they got undercut to hell.

inky

I love horror/thriller games but i don't care for jump scares, i think the whole jump scare thing is just lazy development and this applies to movies as well. There are far more effective ways of scaring people outside of jump scares.

Alan Wake is all about building atmosphere, not really scaring you but messing with your idea of what you think is happening. It is not a horror game in the way some people think of them.

smr00

Banned
Alan Wake is all about building atmosphere, not really scaring you but messing with your idea of what you think is happening. It is not a horror game.
So it's more of a psychological thriller? Anything thriller/horror related i love.

I have been wanting to pick up Alan Wake but keep missing it on sale. I tried twice on GMG but the site kept dying before i could buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom