• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Sarcasm

I only just found out Diablo 3 and the expansion are 50% off. Should i jump on them (or maybe just Diablo 3 without the expansion)? I'll only be playing solo, if that changes anything.

Great game. Also for solo but you can also do randoes anytime if the day.

Gotta go... fast? I dunno, spares ahoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for MakeshiftChef:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MakeshiftChef, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine -- MB-7A148591390C8457 - Taken by Diedac
Sonic the Hedgehog -- MB-B1B0B939A205C8C6 - Taken by WinterDemons
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 -- MB-4B4360870F86D0B3 - Taken by Shadownet
Sonic 3 and Knuckles -- MB-13AE240E2B07B2A9 - Taken by NightmareTrigger
Sonic 3D Blast -- MB-D86011890F8CF0BA - Taken by fuzzy123
Sonic Spinball -- MB-75720330A4E6BFDB - Taken by Florida Man

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

ASCENSION TO THE THRONE -- MB-F5347D1F0A84DC73 - Taken by Casimir
BLEED -- MB-343B5C1C8BA67BA9 - Taken by salazar547

Asgaro

Guys..

I know I'm still quite new to SteamGAF™...

But remember me.
If my country goes in full blackout LMAO KEK.

news.PNG

Remember ... #BELGIUM #BLACKOUT #RIP_ASGARO #KONY2012

If you know Dutch: http://deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws/videozone/programmas/journaal/2.36641?video=1.2165552
If you don't: http://deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws.english/News/1.2164902 (though the translation doesn't tell it all in detail)

In summary: in the past 6 months or so 3 of the 7 nuclear reactors have been out.
2 because of little tears in certain sections of the plants noticed during safety checks.
1 because of sabotage.

Today a 4th has been shut down (automatically as safety measure) due to fire somewhere.

(The first icon counts for 2 reactors it seems, but the MW output is quite low lol.)

We already import the maximum amount we can from neighboring countries, for which we are very thankful! Thanks The Netherlands, France and Germany among others!

The good thing is that the winter has been quite warm so far.
Not only here, but in whole Europe, because that means we can import more because other countries also don't need the electricity as much.

When it gets harsher though in Europe, the shit will hit the fan.

The whole country has been divided into zones the last couple months. When a blackout would come near, certain zones will get shut down completely for up to 2 hours at a time to prevent a global blackout.
The division into zones is used so each zone gets shutdown equally as much.

#WATCH_DOGS isn't a game. It's happening right here folks.
You wanna see black outs? You wanna see theft? Get your ass to sweet little Belgium.

The Division™: coming in Early Access to Belgium.

--

Also the reason we are into this situation is because our governments too quickly wanted to stop the usage of old techniques like coal ovens, while not investing enough in renewable energy (like for example Germany does; Germany is really a pioneer in renewable energy in Europe).

edit: just read we still use coal. Just not a lot.

tebunker

Banned
love the smell of a new thread. I am hoping the Winter sale brings something new or special to the table. Was underwhelmed this week, I think it is just sales fatigue.

Lain

Do we really have to close this thread for the winter sale? I've liked it much more this autumn sale when not everyone was forced into the sale thread to have Steam talks.

Milamber

Do we really have to close this thread for the winter sale? I've liked it much more this autumn sale when not everyone was forced into the sale thread to have Steam talks.

Yeah, the less "should I buy this now" parroting was diverted to the sale thread.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Yeah it was nice having this open and sale discussion free for the most part.

Tellaerin

I feel entirely the opposite. I didn't enjoy following two threads instead of one, and I felt the usual festive atmosphere of the sale threads was really lacking because conversation was split. I didn't like it at all.

Milamber

Anyway, the Sale thread tomorrow will become pages upon pages of sale damage report lists that, hopefully, this thread would be free of.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Anyway, the Sale thread tomorrow will become pages upon pages of sale damage report lists that, hopefully, this thread would be free of.

just like this thread is free of "lol these deals are so bad" posts every day 30 seconds after the new deals go up

Milamber

just like this thread is free of "lol these deals are so bad" posts every day 30 seconds after the new deals go up

But it was significantly less than before.

EDIT: My PC upgrade budget for 2015 is a bit tight so I can only upgrade one thing safely. Since my monitor is close to hitting 5 years, that will be my main point. But I can't choose whether I want a 16:9 144Hz monitor or a 21:9 60Hz monitor.

EDIT: Unless there is a 21:9 144Hz monitor...

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Guys..

The whole country has been divided into zones the last couple months. When a blackout would come near, certain zones will get shut down completely for up to 2 hours at a time to prevent a global blackout.
The division into zones is used so each zone gets shutdown equally as much.

#WATCH_DOGS isn't a game. It's happening right here folks.
You wanna see black outs? You wanna see theft? Get your ass to sweet little Belgium.

edit: just read we still use coal. Just not a lot.

This sounds like southeast Asia. Terrible infrastructure.

jediyoshi

Wow 6 bot adds in one night. I think publishing stuff in community is actually worse for me than posting on outpost.

Turfster

But remember me.
If my country goes in full blackout LMAO KEK.
Yeah, they're not going to shut down the major cities.
They can't =p

Episodes 12-14 of Valkyria were... interesting.
It's kinda annoying that you have to either use a guide or fail a mission first before you get the twist and can plan for it, though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yeah i got added by 4 bots too yesterday. I thought it was GAF, I thought people finally missed me. </3

didnt you delete everyone? and now you want people to add you to show you how much they missed you? I guess the thirst is real, although your thirst is on a different level

fallout

It was a little annoying following two threads where there could be some overlapping discussion, but yeah, the overall signal-to-noise ratio has been noticeably better here.

... assuming you ignore the recent stuff.

zkylon

zkylewd
i forgot who it was here that recommended black lagoon to me but despite hating episode 1 i'm kinda enjoying it now

been watching the first season all day since neck pains mean i can't move too much, and it's pretty interesting. it may be a bit too violent for my taste, but it's pretty unique i'll give it that

also dat ending theme

Yeah, they're not going to shut down the major cities.
They can't =p

Episodes 12-14 of Valkyria were... interesting.
It's kinda annoying that you have to either use a guide or fail a mission first before you get the twist and can plan for it, though.

the only one i found very aggravating was chapter 14

infinite respawns are really annoying, specially since enemy turns take forever

didnt you delete everyone? and now you want people to add you to show you how much they missed you? I guess the thirst is real, although your thirst is on a different level
yea shadownet doing some next level toying with people shit

Top Bottom